Reality

Jaydee

10 hours ago, Jaydee said:

To no one's surprise, the ladies hosting the almost gone Academy Awards broadcast immediately virtue-signaled over the new Florida "don't teach little kids things they can't possibly understand" law.

• Thanks 1

Which of these woke follies is the greatest — Earth Hour or not knowing what a woman is? 

How convoluted have all our new woke fetishes become when a really smart woman declines to say what a woman is?

I find myself unable to make a determination, and it would be of most aid and relief if the wise and collected minds of National Post readers were to offer their help and judgment. Between two great follies, which is the sillier? That is my question. And let me go right to it.

I do not know which is more foolish: Earth Hour? Or, a female Supreme Court nominee who professes to not knowing what a woman is.

The answer to the latter question has been clear and untroubling to the mind of every toddler since the brighter of our progenitors scampered down from the trees and gave some thought to life on the plains. Even so far back that we were aeons away from the alphabet, and had not yet made up our minds about the wheel, darling two-year-old Neanderthals had settled the question of which of the two hulks by the fire was “Mommy,” and which one was “Daddy.”

As to Earth Hour, this is an observation of our modern day green Druids, who pretend in all their first world comforts and ease, that unplugging their TVs and refrigerators and aromatherapy lamps, for a whole hour — (Oh, the humanity, it’s Ukraine without the bombing) — signals their worthiness to saving our planet. And will actually have an impact on the thermometers of 2100.

In a world of gesture politics, this has to be the most hollow of all gestures, and even the greenest worshipper as he pulls out the last extension cord must twitch with embarrassment. He knows it’s a fake gesture, of no cost or point. After all, 60 minutes of self-imposed twilight is not quite the same moral challenge as Abraham leading his son up to the sacrificial stone.

And — I’ve deliberately saved this till well down in the column — did you know Earth Hour was “celebrated” this past Saturday? I’ll bet, such is my faith in the sanity of Canadians, that most of you either didn’t know, or if it was pushed into your consciousness, you declined the ritual.

The other question comes from a different category in this same strange time. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, a nominee for the Supreme Court of the United States, is a person presumably of extremely high intelligence. She has been very well educated. And herself, being a woman, has at least some tenuous claim of “lived experience” as to the question posed. (By the way, is there any other kind of experience?) But during her nomination hearing she declined to answer the question of what is a woman, claiming a lack of expertise as she was “not a biologist.”

How convoluted have all our new woke fetishes become when a really smart woman declines to say what a woman is, for fear she will “offend” some two-day-old cause? The question has all the difficulty of — if the stove is turned on, is it hot? But in the miasma of identity politics, ever proliferating genders, and self-declaration as the determinant of sexuality, it is far better not to say what you know and feel is diamond truth, and instead slide off into protective or cowardly evasion.

Here’s a secret. I’ll bet the first Black female candidate for the U.S. Supreme Court actually believes she is a woman. Don’t spread it around. It might hurt her chances, and God knows, would certainly swirl the waters in current “female” swimming meets. Where people who for nearly all their lives presented as male are gathering up the ribbons and medals.

Which of these two then is more silly? Play-acting at darkness in all the great electrified cities of the Western world? Or the example of a nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court who pretends she can’t answer a question as old as the hills and that most every woman since Eve has had no trouble with.

I think it’s a near toss-up.

Though becoming so sophisticated that we hesitate in saying whether someone is a man or a woman for lack of expertise on the subject probably has the edge. That takes a kind of determined ignorance.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-which-of-these-woke-follies-is-the-greatest-earth-hour-or-not-knowing-what-a-woman-is

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

...when a really smart woman declines to say what a woman is?

Especially when her primary qualification for the job is... being a women. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Especially when her primary qualification for the job is... being a women. 

I think you meant to say "being a black woman".

Posted (edited)

Yes, it’s come down to this !  The entitlement of the LEFTS favourite demographic is beyond belief!!

Just Like Rape’: Lesbian Couple Sues Fertility Clinic For Alleged Embryo Mix-Up, Say They Wanted A Girl But Got A Boy

A Buffalo-based lesbian couple is suing CNY fertility clinic in Latham, NY for allegedly giving them the wrong embryo, New York Post reported. Heather Wilhelm-Routenberg and Robin (Robbie) Routenberg-Wilhelm explicitly requested that they have a baby daughter after undergoing fertility treatments. 

However, the couple was devastated to find out they were expecting a son. Now they are responding with legal action against the fertility clinic, claiming Heather “became suicidal” after her son’s birth and entered a “dark depression” upon finding out she was carrying a baby boy. 

Upon first finding out the child was male at her 15 week appointment, Heather said she became convinced the IVF clinic mixed up the embryos and she was actually carrying someone else’s baby. 

“I looked at Robbie and said, ‘What’s if it’s not yours — who is in my body?!’ That’s when I flipped out, that’s when I felt my body was taken hostage,” Heather told Amy Klein at the post. “I assumed it was someone else’s embryo, not the wrong embryo of ours.”

“It scared the s*** out of me. I don’t know how to explain this — it felt like there was an alien living inside of me,” she continued. “I said to Robbie, “If this is someone else’s kid, we will have to give it back.”

Heather went on to say her OB offered to abort the child, but she declined in part because she was, “hoping beyond hope someone would have our baby and we would switch after birth and it would be this happy story.”

“We scheduled an ultrasound for the next day,” Heather said. “That was the worst night of my life. I had this overwhelming sense of immobility. I remember lying in my bedroom, thinking, ‘This can’t be happening!’ Not only was the baby in my body not ours, but the baby in my body was male and he was put there against my will, just like rape.”

Heather explained how she specifically chose CNY fertility clinic because they were willing to ensure the baby was a girl. She had been sexually assaulted on two occasions, making her leery of men in general. Plus, she did not want to raise a boy.

We didn’t want to have a boy because of the assaults and because of the socialization of boys — there’s constant socialization of what it means to be a ‘real man,’” Heather told Klein. “People say, ‘Oh, he’s a boy, let him hit you,’ and all the camouflage and guns don’t help. It reinforces masculinity, and that’s a reminder of the assaults every time.”

The Buffalo resident went on to describe how she spent seven weeks waiting to find out if the unborn baby was related to Robbie genetically (they had selected to use Robbie’s eggs and have Heather be the carrier).

“During that time, I had no connection to the baby inside — I figured I would be giving it away to its real parents. I tried not to think about being pregnant,” she recalled.

Eventually, the results revealed that the baby was Robbie’s, and he was a boy. Heather was “furious” at the news. She said it was “isolating” being so unhappy and not having friends and family understand her position. 

“That was the most isolating thing — that we had a healthy baby, but I had no emotional connection and now I had to wrap my head around having a child forever that I wasn’t planning on,” Heather told the Post.

“The whole pregnancy, I couldn’t connect to the baby. I hate saying that. It’s painful. It was a terrible experience.”

After the baby boy was born, Heather claimed she was unable to bond with him. 

“I started experiencing extreme anxiety. I would look at the baby and it would contort into the faces of all these grown men that I know,” Heather said. “It was so creepy. Whenever that happened, I had to give the baby to Robbie.”

She continued, “I literally thought I was going insane. There were several incidences of suicidal ideation, some of which were very dangerous. I had complex postpartum depression.”

Now the couple’s son is one and a half. Heather admitted she has grown to appreciate the boy since he was born. “He’s a lovely kid,” she said. “He smiles just like Robbie, he has Robbie’s dimples, and that makes it easier…he’s been an easy baby.”

However, the two moms say they have to work harder raising him because they didn’t get the daughter they requested from the fertility clinic. 

“Even though I don’t have Heather’s trauma and re-traumatization, it was also hard for me to connect,” Robbie said of the child. “It’s not only about the in-utero and birth experience, it’s about the socialization that a boy has in the world — even while we fight against these social norms, this repeated narrative of forced masculinity — and we did not sign up for that.”

“We both love our child but we have had to work harder than anyone should have to work to make sure we are all alive,” she added.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/just-like-rape-lesbian-couple-sues-fertility-clinic-for-alleged-embryo-mix-up-say-they-wanted-a-girl-but-got-a-boy?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member_op_ed

Edited by Jaydee
  • Haha 1

Ricky Gervais Reveals What He Would Have Said If They Let Him Host The Oscars

Gervais followed that up with a second tweet mocking the annual awards show for its often self-congratulatory approach to diversity and inclusion.

“‘I’m proud to announce that this is the most diverse and progressive Oscars ever. Looking out I see people from all walks of life. Every demographic under the sun. Except poor people, obviously. F*** them,'” he added.

Gervais, who was merciless in his mockery of the Hollywood elite class at the 2020 Golden Globes, announced weeks earlier that he would be happy to host the Academy Awards as well — and he’d do it without even demanding a paycheck — but only if producers did not force him to get his jokes approved prior to the show.

E8433CB8-BB01-4CA1-A3E1-79831AFE98F8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Worth watching for perspective. It helps explain why so much of what we are hearing from government and the media makes no sense (at least to me) on all fronts.

It's deliberate manipulation too... that's why the gun control issue serves as such a good example and why it's worth projecting to other areas of concern. It's fraught with manipulated statistics and outright lies. Look at only one of the lies: if 50% of crime guns  in Canada really are domestically sourced, how is it that I don't know a single person who has recently had a handgun stolen? Seriously... how is that possible.

Mandatory viewing for those with narratives and agendas:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-watters-americans-perception-reality-not-aligned-with-truth

The headine says "

$550M secured to help finance ultra-high-speed hyperloop between Edmonton and Calgary

By Caley Gibson  Global News"

One of the lenders is "

Established in 1993, China-East Resources Import & Export Co. (CERIECO) is a state-owned company with independent legal status. "

A parliamentary committee report says

Canada should launch a full security review for every investment by a state-owned company from an “authoritarian state,” a parliamentary committee says.

On Tuesday, the House of Commons industry committee released its report on the acquisition of Canadian-owned mining company Neo-Lithium by a Chinese enterprise. It said “all investments by state-owned enterprises from authoritarian states” meet the Investment Canada Act’s threshold of potentially being “injurious to national security.”

History shows that the present government seems to think investment by China is OK

The committee recommended that the industry minister invoke Section 25.3 of the act — launching a formal national security review — in “all such cases.”

The choice of Industry Minister François-Philippe Champagne not to do so over the sale of Neo-Lithium led to controversy in January. Neo-Lithium, which has a lithium mine in Argentina, announced it would be acquired by the Zijin Mining Group in October 2021 for $960 million. The deal closed on Jan. 26.

Any bets on how this will play out..... 

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, deicer said:

Time to expose the frauds again with their lie that the rich got richer:

"The richest people on Earth are not immune to the coronavirus. As the pandemic tightened its grip on Europe and America, global equity markets imploded, tanking many fortunes. When we finalized this list, Forbes counted 2,095 billionaires, 58 fewer than a year ago and 226 fewer than just 12 days earlier, when we initially calculated these net worths. Of the billionaires who remain, 51% are poorer than they were last year. In raw terms, the world’s billionaires are worth $8 trillion, down $700 billion from 2019."

Canada’s Richest Billionaires 2020 – Forbes

I suppose the writers at Time has become politicized like so many others and want taxes raised due to their jealousy, the real reason they keep repeating this. I say, donate more. Mind you, most seem to be in the 99% club anyways with almost all wealth going to charity. Way better than going to the Trudeau/Singh coalition.

Less taxes, less government spending, more donations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woxof said:

On 1/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, deicer said:

Time to expose the frauds again with their lie that the rich got richer:

"The richest people on Earth are not immune to the coronavirus. As the pandemic tightened its grip on Europe and America, global equity markets imploded, tanking many fortunes. When we finalized this list, Forbes counted 2,095 billionaires, 58 fewer than a year ago and 226 fewer than just 12 days earlier, when we initially calculated these net worths. Of the billionaires who remain, 51% are poorer than they were last year. In raw terms, the world’s billionaires are worth $8 trillion, down $700 billion from 2019."

Canada’s Richest Billionaires 2020 – Forbes

I suppose the writers at Time has become politicized like so many others and want taxes raised due to their jealousy, the real reason they keep repeating this. I say, donate more. Mind you, most seem to be in the 99% club anyways with almost all wealth going to charity. Way better than going to the Trudeau/Singh coalition.

Less taxes, less government spending, more donations.

This is why I have stopped posting here. 

Trying to engage thinking you are debunking my post by putting up information that is from a year prior to what I posted is just nonsensical.

You can keep this forum until intelligence returns.

• Haha 1

Rep. Banks blasts Disney for allegedly protecting Harvey Weinstein and then 'attacking parents'

Disney was hit with a $60M lawsuit by actress Paz de la Huerta after she took Weinstein to court

Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., torched Disney for allegedly defending film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein before going on to attack parents’ rights in education.

Banks caught up with FOX Business on Friday, blasting the Mouse House over their Weinstein connection and the company’s activism against the Florida Parental Rights in Education bill.

The Indiana Republican called Disney’s protection of Weinstein and then later on "attacking parents" by pushing back against the bill as "shameful."

Disney purchased Weinstein’s Miramax film company in 1993 and remained in business with them until 2005 — during which timeframe Weinstein assaulted several women while working on Disney’s dime — when a growing rift between the companies saw them split.

The Mouse House was hit with a $60 million lawsuit in 2019 by actress Paz de la Huerta a year after she took Weinstein to court.

"Defendant Robert A. Iger has served as President and Chief Operating Officer of The Walt Disney Company from 2000 to present and has served as Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company from 2005 to present," the complaint read.

The entrance to Disney World

Iger made a series of decisions that allowed a range of actions by Harvey Weinstein that unacceptably harmed certain employees of Miramax," it continues.

However, the complaint contained an error in listing Iger as serving "as President and Chief Operating Officer of The Walt Disney Company from 2000 to present" when he left the job in 2005 for a higher position.

Banks said Disney’s choices sent a message of a lack of "morals" and that the company is focused more on political catering than appealing to their audience when asked what Disney’s activism says to their fans.

"It says that Disney, at this point, Disney has no morals and they're a lot more interested in appealing to the radical left than they are to appealing to their customers and to families who love taking their kids on vacation at Disney World and watching Disney movies," Banks said.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his wife Casey DeSantis walk at Ocala International Airport

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his wife Casey DeSantis walk at Ocala International Airport in Ocala, Florida, Oct. 23, 2020.  (REUTERS/Tom Brenner / Reuters Photos)

"But the more they change in this direction, the less likely that's going to occur moving forward," the father of three daughters added.

Banks also called the leaked videos "embarrassing" for the Mouse House while lauding Governor Ron DeSantis’ leadership in the Sunshine State and said that Disney’s silence on the ongoing state-sponsored Uyghur Muslim genocide further showed Disney "has no morals."

"This is not the same company that Walt Disney founded," Banks said. "I can only imagine that Walt Disney is rolling over in his grave as someone who built a company to create characters and bring joy to families, to bring families together, to give families the happiest place on Earth to could go and take their kids."

"Those values are different than the values of Disney today," Banks continued. "And that and that, to me, that's sad."

The Indiana Republican also sent a letter to Disney CEO Bob Chapek regarding the Mouse House’s copyright expiration coming up in January 2024, saying he would not be supporting another extension for Disney’s copyright.

Banks told FOX Business that he is trying to get a movement in Congress started to vote down any copyright extensions for Disney and that he would be circulating the letter around to members of the Republican Study Committee he chairs.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/banks-blasts-disney-protecting-weinstein?cmpid=fb_fnc&fbclid=IwAR0ZVPCL4JEMqMrTpRRZ-Mu-JOUFBsDqOz8zD0cb4Wa-Hg60tQGE7FMy29I

They can't even fool themselves anymore. It wasn't the slap that destroyed their credibility, it was the hypocrisy on full display during the ovation. All further discussion of privilege is over. 

Bill Maher roasts Hollywood elite's standing ovation for Will Smith after Oscars slap: You have no principles

The HBO host says 'liberal hypocrisy' was 'the big loser' after the slap

• Like 1

There is quite an issue in Florida on the direction that the Disney company is going….residents are not happy with the pro lgbt messaging that is being promoted at the park and in the movies. Nor is the governor happy with the company criticizing the education bill that was signed recently protecting (depending who you talk to) parents rights and curriculum. To the point governor De Santis is reviewing Disneys status with the state:

https://www.wesh.com/article/desantis-disney/39614027#

Disney of its 55-year-old special status that allows it to operate as an independent government around its Orlando-area theme park.

Under Florida law, landowners of Reedy Creek, like Disney, can regulate their own water, power and emergency services. DeSantis said their power doesn’t end there. 

“I was shocked to see some of the stuff that’s in there. They can do their own nuclear power plant. Is there any other private company in the state that can just build a nuclear power plant on their own?” he said. “They’re able to do certain things that nobody else is able to do. So I think they’re right to be looking at this and reevaluating and having an even playing field for everybody, I think is much better than basically to allow one company to be a law onto itself.”

• Thanks 1

A top contender for headline of the year.

If the following     .      is the big picture, these guys are on the moon. 

DHS provides suicide prevention app for employees after border patrol chief reports low morale

• Haha 1

Sad commentary on society when you come across headlines like this (it was the Toronto Sun!)

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrity/martha-stewarts-cat-killed-by-her-dogs

So tired of reading things like Kim Kardashian purchases jet for $91 mill, Cardi B deletes twitter account or this fiasco at the Oscars. No wonder todays youth are misled by career goals of being a hip hop star or social influencer while the Ukraine is bombed and burned.

• Like 1

How much of the news lately has been about somebody slapping somebody. Maybe "get a life" comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDR said:

How much of the news lately has been about somebody slapping somebody. Maybe "get a life" comes to mind.

Before we leave the "slap" story I'm wondering what the opinion is here on the forum.  I've found a fairly strong minority of the opinion out there that the whole thing was staged as an effort to spark interest in the Oscars and act as a little career boost for those involved.

4 hours ago, Seeker said:

Before we leave the "slap" story I'm wondering what the opinion is here on the forum.  I've found a fairly strong minority of the opinion out there that the whole thing was staged as an effort to spark interest in the Oscars and act as a little career boost for those involved.

Based on how a minority of voters gave Trudeau an extension, I would not put much trust in a strong "Minority Opinion".  😃🙃

• Like 1