Reality

Jaydee

6 hours ago, deicer said:

As I posted before, right wing media has become propaganda supporting the corporate agenda.  I dig beyond that.

Well it appears somebody else has been doing some digging too - The New York Times, hardly a messenger boy for the right.

Nary a mention of greedy capitalists as being a factor, key or otherwise, contributing to inflation. But 'Households collectively received hundreds of billions in recovery aid' manages to get a shout out.

How the Supply Chain Crisis Unfolded

Sun Dec 05, 2021 - The New York Times

By Lazaro Gamio and Peter S. Goodman

The supply chain has become a central political issue.
It is also a key factor in rising inflation, which is deepening concerns about the fate of the global economy and its recovery from the lockdowns of the pandemic.

Ships stuck at sea, warehouses overflowing, trucks without drivers: The highly intricate and interconnected global supply chain is in upheaval, with little end in sight.

The turmoil has revealed how the need to ship surgical masks to West Africa from China can have a cascading effect on Ford’s ability to put back-up cameras on its cars at factories in Ohio and delay the arrival of Amazon Prime orders in Florida in time for the holidays.

In one way or another, much of the crisis can be traced to the outbreak of Covid-19.

When the pandemic struck in early 2020, people and businesses were quickly forced to restrict their activity, sending the global economy into a brief but damaging free fall.

As offices and stores closed, and factories from Asia to Europe and North America halted production, companies laid off workers en masse. That took spending power — an economic life force — out of people’s hands.

With fewer goods being made and fewer people with paychecks to spend, manufacturers and shipping companies assumed that demand would drop sharply. But a far more complicated situation unfolded, challenging the global supply chain.

In early 2020, the entire planet suddenly needed surgical masks and gowns and other protective gear. Most of these goods were made in China, which produced half of all protective masks the year before.

As Chinese factories ramped up to meet the new demand, cargo vessels delivered protective gear around the globe, even to regions that do relatively little trade with China, such as West Africa.

Empty shipping containers piled up in many parts of the world. The result was a shortage of shipping containers in the one country that needed them the most: China.

China’s factories were pumping out goods in record volumes. Despite the worry that economic devastation would destroy spending in many countries, the pandemic merely shifted the demand: Instead of eating out and attending events, Americans bought office furniture, electronics and kitchen appliances.

The pandemic sharply accelerated a trend that had been advancing for years: the shift toward online shopping. From April to June 2020, as the first wave of the virus spread, Amazon sold 57 percent more items than it had a year earlier.

The spending in the United States was also encouraged by government stimulus programs that mailed checks to households, part of a record-setting effort to resuscitate the economy. Households collectively received hundreds of billions in recovery aid.

As demand increased, a wave of factory goods swiftly overwhelmed U.S. ports. With too many ships arriving at once, boats had to wait at times in 100-vessel queues off the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.

Swelling orders also outstripped the availability of shipping containers, and the cost of shipping a container from Shanghai to Los Angeles skyrocketed tenfold.

Even once unloaded, containers piled up on docks unclaimed, because of a shortage of truck drivers needed to haul cargo to warehouses. Truck drivers had long been scarce, with wages steadily eroding over the years amid grueling working conditions.

Businesses across the economy struggled to hire workers: at warehouses, at retailers, at construction companies and for other skilled trades. Even as employers resorted to lifting wages, labor shortages persisted, worsening the scarcity of goods.

Shortages of one thing have turned into shortages of others. A dearth of computer chips, for example, has forced major automakers to slash production, while even delaying the manufacture of medical devices.

As businesses and consumers have reacted to shortages by ordering earlier and extra, especially ahead of the year-end holidays, that has placed more strain on the system.

Even as the pandemic catalyzed it, the crisis has roots in a production model pioneered by Toyota at the end of World War II, and disseminated throughout the business world by consulting companies like McKinsey.

Under the model, called “just in time” manufacturing, companies stockpile as few raw materials and parts as possible, instead buying what they need as they need it.

That works only when they can get what they need when they need it. For years, some experts have warned that the global economy is overreliant on lean production and faraway factories, exposed to the inevitable shock. The pandemic has seemingly validated that view.

With the holiday shopping season underway and the Biden administration pressing to force major ports to expand operations, the supply chain has become a central political issue.

It is also a key factor in rising inflation, which is deepening concerns about the fate of the global economy and its recovery from the lockdowns of the pandemic.

The supply chain issues are likely to last for many more months — if not years.

An interesting read on the situation facing indigenous peoples….who will defend the rights of the majority of tribal members??

We are members of the Gidimt’en Clan of the Wet’suwet’en Nation, together with extended family members from other Wet’suwet’en house groups and communities, both on- and off-reserve. Our clan territories include the area where the Coastal GasLink pipeline crosses the river we call Wedzin Kwa. We are deeply hurt and angered by the conduct and statements of some of our community members and others who claim to be defending our lands and laws against the pipeline.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/opinion-we-are-wetsuweten-but-the-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-protesters-dont-represent-us

If your values are so easily exchanged for those you previously abhorred, they were never worthy of defending in the first place. Triage is based on need not "value of the person." If inverting the concept sounds like a good idea then I know what class you skipped in high school.

Have you noticed the trend here, more and more you need less and less education to determine what's right, what's wrong and who's lying to you. I would say grade 10 is more than sufficient now. 

Illinois Democrat files measure to punish unvaccinated for 'clogging up health care system'

Measure would force hospitalized coronavirus patients cover all medical costs

Edited by Wolfhunter

good!!!!!

Senate passes bill to ban conversion therapy

Rachel AielloCTVNews.ca Online Politics Producer

@rachaiello  Contact

Published Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:33PM ESTLast Updated Tuesday, December 7, 2021 5:19PM EST

OTTAWA -- Conversion therapy will soon be banned across Canada, after the Senate agreed to the expedited passage of Bill C-4 on Tuesday.

After multiple attempts to pass legislation banning the harmful practice failed in recent years, the bill has now cleared both the House of Commons and Senate without changes, in just over a week. Once it receives royal assent, the bill will become law.

On Tuesday after a brief period of debate on the bill, Conservative Sen. Leo Housakos rose in the upper chamber to seek unanimous approval to move Bill C-4 through all legislative stages in the upper chamber, echoing sentiments from his Conservative colleagues in the House who led MPs to fast-track the bill through the House last Wednesday.

“I think we have to get to the reflex in this institution, that when something is in the universal interest, public interest, that we should not create unnecessary duplication and engage into unnecessary debates,” Housakos said, adding that politicians should also not be using legislation to divide or as a political tool.

Bill C-4 proposes to eliminate the harmful practice in Canada for all ages, through four new Criminal Code offences. It includes wider-reaching vocabulary of what constitutes conversion therapy than what the federal government attempted to pass in the last Parliament.

Conversion “therapy,” as it has been called, seeks to change a person's sexual orientation to heterosexual or gender identity to cisgender. It can include seeking to repress someone’s non-heterosexual attraction, or repressing a person’s gender expression or non-cis gender identity.

These practices can take various forms, including counselling and behavioural modification, and they have been opposed by numerous health and human rights groups.

The previous version of this bill was held up in the Senate at the end of the 43rd Parliament and died when the federal election was called. At the time, Conservative Senators expressed concerns about the bill and said it merited a fulsome study in the fall.

After campaigning on the promise to re-introduce this legislation within the first 100 days of a new mandate, Justice Minister David Lametti tabled the reworked bill on Nov. 29.

That day the government vowed to the LGBTQ2S+ community that this time would be different, voicing optimism in cross-party support after both the Conservatives and New Democrats pledged in the last campaign to also pass the bill if elected.

During an emotional post-passage press conference in the House last week alongside several of his colleagues, Lametti had said he’d be working closely with the bill’s sponsor, Sen. Rene Cormier, to see the bill cross the finish line. Expecting the Senate would want to take on a more fulsome study, the government was asking that it be mindful of not re-traumatizing survivors of conversion therapy who have previously testified about the impacts being subjected to it has had on their lives.

“If we can now work hard to get this through the Senate quickly, less Canadians are going to suffer, less Canadians are going to be tortured,” Lametti said.

Bill C-4 has now become the first bill to fully pass the 44th Parliame

• Like 1

Nova Scotians Felt Betrayed That Voting Conservative Didn't Stop COVID Passports

Ain't that the truth.

I have previously voted Liberal here as we had a solid, long serving candidate who was retiring. Prior to the election I contacted the Conservative MPP candidate directly and was assured that he (and they) were opposed to the measure.

The passport announcement was released immediately after the election.

There needs to be some sort of recall or some recourse to sanctuary jurisdictions. They are a bad idea, they make your country ungovernable and you are seeing this in the US right now.

As if that wasn't enough, when people fear the outcome of elections because they stand to be hurt by one of the options, the very concept of democracy stands in peril and divisions are generated. 

Winner take all elections are a bad idea and the current appetite for them borders on idiotic... guess we should do that too eh?

Edited by Wolfhunter

Here's three more none surprises: 

The shortage of people and equipment they're talking about reflects a shortage of people and equipment. Simple eh?

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/hopes-for-promised-return-to-peacekeeping-dashed-as-canada-pledges-money-not-troops

Thinking you can out train a personnel deficit without limiting operational tempo is a fool's paradise. Defund the police cities will experience the same problem.

The MBA crew will assert otherwise, maybe at some point they will be right... it's not today though.

And:

The ultimate irony for those who still maintain that duck hunters are responsible for shooting up the streets of Toronto:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-gangsters-guns-and-cerb-a-real-headache-for-trudeau-liberals

And:

Some would assert that this is due to greedy farmers and the military industrial complex Guess I’m just not smart enough to look beyond huge deficits, the influx of cheap money and self inflicted supply chain failures (aggravated by mandates imposed at the worst possible juncture).

Bring on the TFWs and teenage truck drivers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/food-price-report-charlebois-1.6277590

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

How about we apply some vaccine mandate logic to this situation.... maybe Kelloggs already did eh?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-says-he-is-deeply-troubled-by-kelloggs-plan-to-permanently-replace-striking-workers

"Permanently replacing striking workers is an existential attack on the union and its members’ jobs and livelihoods," Biden said in a statement Friday. "

If employers can mandate an invasive medical procedure, unilaterally make it mandatory, and fire those who object, why shouldn’t they be able to mandate worker compensation and benefits?

Workers have a choice and choices have consequences… right? That was certainly the pro-vax talking point. Like vaccine mandates, those unwilling to accept the wage mandate don’t have to... no one is forcing them. They retain the right to seek employment elsewhere.

The worker safety argument (some might propose) is simply no longer valid IMO, the vaccines aren’t just leaky, they’re positively hemorrhagic.  Like college women and transgender toilets, the people who applauded the vaccine mandates and cheered when their colleagues were fired likely never considered that it would come back to bite them. They will be in for another surprise when they seek the support of "people like me" in their efforts against predatory employers. At the moment, I have about as much sympathy for them as I do for women's sports and the scholarships lost. 

If you want it, I think you should have a belly full.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Apples verses potatoes posit imo. A company has to follow laws, a government imposes them as they have done with Covid mandates. Citizens are simply fodder in the cross fire. Permanently replacing strikers in the US has  been legal since 1938, but not so in Canada.

“ Few aspects of the U.S. labor law model are more confounding to outsiders than the right of employers to hire “permanent” strike replacements. It seems absurd to insist that workers have a legally protected “right to strike” when their employer can simply hand their jobs to another person and then not give it back when the strike ends. To a Canadian, for example, recent headlines announcing that Kellogg intended to hire “permanent replacements” to fill the jobs of many of its 1400 striking employees were a head-scratcher.”

https://lawofwork.ca/why-canadian-employers-do-not-permanently-replace-strikers/

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Apples verses potatoes posit imo

So were toilets and athletic scholarships... remember?

Some companies have done this voluntarily and in the absence of mandate. By way of example, previously deemed essential businesses in NB  now have the option, some are opting for it under pressure from the public.

I have acquaintances that have conducted themselves horribly (IMO) during the course of this and rendered their previous values void. I’m also acquainted with some athletic young ladies who are no longer the paragons of transgender equality they once professed to be. 

I don’t know how the actions of today play out in the future and I don’t necessarily believe those who assert that they do even if I'm avidly rooting for them. I simply don't believe that people certain of future outcomes have given their certainty the consideration that it deserves or anticipated all of the possibilities.

When I see the author of draconian employment mandates suddenly express profound concern for the collective bargaining process it gives me pause for reflection. Maybe it's just me eh? As always... I'm rooting for ya.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 2

* Satire *

( At least I think , after all it is 2021)

Rudolph Changes Name To Rolanda, Dominates Female Reindeer Games

NORTH POLE—Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer received praise for taking a stunning and brave stance against outdated binary gender stagnation by changing his name to Rolanda and subsequently dominating every field in the North Pole’s annual Female Reindeer Games.

“Rolanda is a shining beacon for young, female reindeer in more ways than one,” stated the president of the North Pole Reindeer Games Committee, Bob Chairman. “She has shattered records in every event she has entered, which says so much about the physical potential of all female reindeer.”

Rolanda The Red-Nosed Reindeer did indeed break records in all events of the Female Reindeer Games, including the Sleigh Pull, Flying, Landing, Oat Bag Toss, Gingerbread House Trampling, and the Giant Slalom. 

She struggled with the final event, Female Reindeer Feminine Ice Dancing, performing far worse than all other female competitors. The judges still awarded her the gold medal for being so stunning and brave.

https://babylonbee.com/news/rudolph-changes-name-to-rolanda-dominates-female-reindeer-games?fbclid=IwAR1q8j608m0UM6naFHiWbE139uiITQ06fQnhXTsR0moxnYNAQGVD0Zxv8gc

9F03084B-DB80-4708-BFBF-53EA3E4A2E39.jpeg

• Haha 1

I bet there are a bunch of atheists surprised at the assertion that wreaths are Christian gang signals. I see them hanging on lots of doors.

I always thought they were circular to represent eternity, like a wedding ring. Maybe those are Christian gang symbols too eh?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wreaths-across-america-carpet-bombing-veteran-cemeteries-christian-gang

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Confused 1

Pop quiz… no MBA required:

When governments spend trillions of dollars and create a situation where more money is chasing fewer goods (due to capacity restrictions), the likely outcome is:

1. Longer AEF posts leading to scroll down button failure

2. Heightened interest in Trump’s income tax returns

3. Limitations on the number of fully vaccinated MPs that can access parliament

4. Inflation leading to an increase in the cost of consumer goods

• Like 1

Looks like Nancy is mystified... totally stumped by it all. Where in the world does it come form?

Try this, go to any play ground and ask a 10 year old, they know:

Pelosi slams 'attitude of lawlessness' in San Francisco, says 'I don't know' where it comes from

House speaker vows crackdown on online sales of stolen goods

• Confused 1

As predicted... it's been going on for a while and it's gathering momentum:

https://www.newsweek.com/people-get-microchips-implanted-that-include-vaccine-records-amid-new-covid-restrictions-1655916

This will catch on quickly because of the security and convenience it offers. People will demand it and later the government will mandate it. Once mandatory, watch for that 18 digit alpha numeric ID.  

Edited by Wolfhunter

Judging by some of the comments I’m guessing more than a few of these businesses supported the passport, likely thinking it would be good for business. That’s what happened in my little part of the world anyway. It made sense for them at the time.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/bars-and-restaurants-reliving-nightma-restrictionsre

As I see it, many of these businesses were perfectly happy to throw pure bloods under the bus for personal gain. Many of the double vaccinated (here) resent the "show your papers" demand (as I do) on general principal. I have little sympathy for them now and they've largely lost my support.... I have a list of places I’ll never go again when sanity returns and I hope others maintain a similar list.

They will soon be asserting that they were forced by government mandate... as if to make people forget that they pushed for the mandate thinking it would benefit them. I won't be forgetting any time soon.

Edited by Wolfhunter

No, your government would never do this to you... right?

It's only tinfoil hatters (like me) who would even think it, and it's all made possible by the legion of people "with nothing to hide." Remember that nothing to hide, nothing to fear mantra?

https://www.rebelnews.com/public_health_will_start_gathering_canadians_cell_phone_location_data

Now grab that keyboard and attack the source... when you do, please address the irony of the contract being let on a page emblazoned with buyandsell.gc.ca    I love this, thank you voters.

Edited by Wolfhunter

“If you’re having trouble finding that perfect Christmas present for your liberal child due to their inconsistent morality, hypocritical life choices, or gender confusion, then let us help you with this handy list of gifts they’re sure to not cancel you for:

1) Brand new gender: New genders are so hot right now. We would urge you to grab one before they run out, but honestly, there will always be more genders.

2) Allowance increase followed by tax increase: This valuable life lesson will impart to your youngling the wisdom found in pretending to give while actually taking.

3) Battery-powered police car to flip over and set on fire: Progressive children love acting out violently in the name love. This flammable gift is perfect if your child was too young to burn actual police cars back in 2020.

4) Crowbar and a ride to Nordstrom: Unique experiences are the most precious gifts you can give your child. This gift offers a hands-on understanding of where progressive policies have led.

5) Playskool Dr. Fauci Shrine™: Turn your child’s dresser into a sanctuary of reverence toward the benevolent Dr. Fauci. These are flying off the shelves, so grab one quick!

6) Twitter account: Hey, your kid is never too young to learn the ins and outs of Twitter, including public shaming, cyberbullying, destroying careers, and contributing to a giant cancerous tumor of hate.

7) Vaccinate Me Elmo™ doll: Have you seen the commercial for this toy? What a great commercial.

😎 Coal: This will prevent conservatives from burning it in power plants and destroying the planet! 

9) Chairman Mao pop-up book: Let your child’s imagination be filled with stories of the beloved revolutionary who called for equality and fairness for everyone besides the 80 million who died under his rule. (Avoid Tuttle Twins books at all costs) 

10) A whuppin’: Let’s be honest here.”

• Thanks 1