Reality

Jaydee

8 hours ago, Kargokings said:

There is a well known Burger joint advertising that they now only use "Grass Fed" beef, establishing in the minds of consumers that this is better, for the environment,  than grain fed, not surprising the opposite is true when it comes to emissions:

Here's Why Grass-Fed Beef is Just as Bad for the Environment as Grain-Fed - One Green Planet

A&W are trying to dig themselves out of the big hole they found themselves in after trying to sell fake meat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fido said:

trying to sell fake meat

I hadn't thought about this much before but now that I do, it may explain something of the rural/urban, liberal/conservative divide. 

The people who want fake meat will insist that it look like meat, smell like meat, taste like meat and have the same texture as meat.... all whilst not actually being meat. And don't even think about cooking fake meat on the same grill as real meat. 

Trust me, this is one of those things you don't want to explain to village elders in Africa. Tell them you are a simple soldier and plead ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watch this and think about how out-of-touch this woman is:

https://rumble.com/vgx6t1-wh-reporter-thrilled-about-pipeline-hack-asks-energy-sec-how-it-can-be-used.html?mref=6zof&mc=dgip3&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Dinesh+D'Souza&ep=2

She says, if we were all green we wouldn't have to worry about a pipeline getting hacked.  D'uh!  What about getting your power grid hacked?  I guess only pipelines can get hacked not power grids.  Good to know.

To use a politically incorrect term I'd call her stupid but that would be an insult to stupid people.

Conservatives are all very smug about the exodus from California:

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6253878305001#sp=show-clips

But beware, the people moving to conservative neighbourhoods will bring their liberal values with them and turn this place into that place in the process. It will happen incrementally and you won't like it.

Ask a farm boy old enough to have witnessed the cycle.... it goes something like this: City folks come to the country, they love the quaint smell of manure and the the distant sound of a chainsaw. A bunch of their friends (from town) decide to join them and they build a subdivision. They enact noise bylaws to silence the chainsaw and proximity bylaws to shut down the farm.

Same thing with lake front property. They will develop it and develop it until it vastly exceeds the carrying capacity of the lake. The deer you used to see on the gravel road leave, lawn fertilizer gets in the lake, weeds grow, fecal coliform levels rise and prevent swimming for 2 weeks every summer. Before long people have built right on top of each other, there are no fish left and everyone stares at their neighbour through a haze of BBQ smoke wondering why they came there in the first place.

Yes, it may sound cynical but there is a reason I'm familiar with the concept and its effects....

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

But beware, the people moving to conservative neighbourhoods will bring their liberal values with them and turn this place into that place in the process. It will happen incrementally and you won't like it.

Much like Trudeaus immigration plan ….spread the disease around to as many places as possible so it can attack Canadian values from all sides. But first make sure you have a nucleus in place (Toronto) ready to light the fuse.

I get the rationale for targeting a demographic for vaccination in specific neighbourhoods in Toronto......but....think for a moment of the outrage if it was being advertised “VACCINES FOR WHITES ONLY”......only in Canada can we be so polite that this would go without political comment....oh no we can’t say that....Blacks and those that identify as black vaccine clinics in Toronto in radicalized neighbourhoods.

So in this “diversity is our strength” ..we are all equal...we have to get through this together, what would happen if whites showed up for vaccination along side our fellow citizens of colour?

Peel Public Health has announced the opening of a new month-long COVID-19 vaccine clinic for Black residents who live in specific parts of Peel.

According to a release issued by the region, the clinic aims to provide a “positive vaccination environment to those who identify as Black and live in Brampton and Malton.” 

Bramalea Civic Centre will be home to the popup which is scheduled to run from May 15 to June 11.

https://www.thestar.com/local-mississauga/news/2021/05/12/month-long-covid-19-vaccine-popup-for-black-peel-residents-coming-to-brampton.html

What ??? No Gordon Lightfoot, Bare Naked Ladies, Hip or Sarah Maclaughlin??

working at the clinic, which will also “prominently feature culturally relevant music,” according to the release.

People should have a cold hard look at this trend. It's what happens when you allow sanctuary jurisdictions because YOU favour a particular issue. It will always come back to something YOU don't like after the precedent is established (BY YOU).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rural-oregon-counties-vote-to-consider-joining-idaho

And this is how it progresses, I was fundamentally opposed to any and all jurisdictional sanctuary status declarations..... and now I would vote in favour of it in an effort to keep absurdity and buffoonery at bay. There may be no other way now.

Be very careful of what you wish for.... put the gas can and matches away. Or not, maybe defunding the Fire Department is the way to go eh? You almost have me convinced. 

Here at home you are starting to see the same thing, and ya, it's different because it's always different. This was the cost of C-10 (IMO):

Quebec Premier Francois Legault’s claim that his province can unilaterally change Canada’s constitution to recognize Quebec as a nation and French as its only official and common language has suddenly become a lot more serious.

That’s because the support of the Canadian government would be needed to approve it and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appears to already be on side.

https://www.torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-quebecs-bill-96-reignites-language-issue

I think you have convinced me as I now tend to favour this solution, it may be the only way going forward and I want it for my province as well... see how this works? 

How do ya like me now?

Edited by Wolfhunter

Can anyone name cause that Trudeau has championed that has united the country, other than legalizing marijuana?? He has destroyed the economy of Alberta, alienated the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, driven public opinion away from the common good, favouring minorities over the majority (constant pronouncements celebrating Islam vs Christianity) and now sending the country into a separation debate re igniting English vs French.

He has made Canada a laughing stock on the world stage with his visit to India (hasn’t tried to visit other countries since then), lost credibility by insulting the President of US, talking behind his back, and the botched pandemic response. Companies are no longer investing in Canada, the ones that are here are moving $$$ offshore.

Trudeaus personal credibility is zero....the product of blackface, ethics scandals, promises of clear and transparent government with lack of follow through, and his inability to give a straight answer to anything without a resulting word salad of trendy cliches and buzz words.

His government has increased the national debt more than any other pm combined.

The country has never been in worse shape ,  and we have a minority government being blackmailed by a provincial government that wants nothing to do with TROC other than cash equalization cheques.... imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Remember the liberal outrage about "freedom of the press" after that idiot CNN reporter was ousted from the WH press corps for cause?

Just wondering where that outrage is now.....

CNN guest defends Lori Lightfoot's moratorium against White reporters

Chicago-Sun Times' Lynn Sweet said she was 'not troubled' by the left-wing mayor's controversial policy

Further discussion is pretty much useless now IMO and I (for one) am quickly losing interest in it.

"Sanctuary status" them out of your life and leave them to do what they want within the confines of their own areas. I'm ready to vote for the partitionment of jurisdictions and I'm now willing to move to one. 

Congratulations.... you win.

Edited by Wolfhunter

I don’t think the East realizes how bad it is here,” said Glenn Street, who runs one of North America’s biggest makers of mascots in Calgary. 

“I don’t see a lot of positive things happening if there isn’t an oil-and-gas industry,” he said. “What’s going to take its place?”

From your NP article 2 years ago deicer....don’t think clean tech has taken hold yet, and other than throwing some money to clean up old wells, what has Trudeau done to help AB???

And the other link is a little biased from the get go......

Support independent media. Passage is a Canadian publication of thoughtful political, economic, and cultural ideas from a left-wing perspective. Subscribe and help support independent Canadian media.

• Like 1

We were never asked if we wanted vaccinations, we were told we would be getting them. So if a parent lets a 12 year old  refuse the vaccination and the 12 year old gets sick and dies, would not the parent be held responsible?.  

The role of a parent. In this role, you give direction, impose rules, use discipline, set limits, establish and follow through with consequences, hold your children accountable for their behavior, and teach values. You provide the guidance that helps your children to change, grow, and mature.

Ask your child if they want the COVID-19 vaccine before booking an appointment, experts say

Pretty much how I see it too: 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-scientists-who-no-longer-believe-in-science-is-a-real-problem-for-civilization

The real point is (the only point is) that you can no longer trust the people you entrusted with power to exercise it in a rational manner. The individual examples (above) don't matter.... they aren't the point. The point is the point and that point has been lost. 

All of this results in a lack of trust and just incase you think it doesn't affect you, here is a manifestation of it that just might.

https://nationalpost.com/news/for-both-the-covid-vaccine-hesitant-and-the-refusers-much-comes-down-to-a-lack-of-trust

IMO, the 20% figure is low and the numbers are growing. People had specific questions about safety, efficacy, demographic risk factors and MRNA.

Branding reasonable people with reasonable questions as anti-vaxxer's, idiots and neanderthals may leave a mark if you assume herd immunity to be 85% or above. Some of that 20% (like me) no longer even want to "hear to your noise" (as they say) and that makes the revision to rational discussion problematic in the short term.

Addressing that particular issue with more insults and name calling seems counter productive to me. I'm about as painfully average as average can get.... and it sure as hell doesn't work on me.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1