It seems to me that sanctuary jurisdictions are making the country increasingly ungovernable. When you can opt out of such things as federal immigration law, firearm regulations, emergency health orders etc, and direct your police forces to deliberately sabotage federal enforcement agencies, it might be a good time to sell change as the antidote to the very chaos YOU created. Have we seen that anywhere before?

Now: suppose that level of jurisdictional autonomy lead to circumstances that served as an inducement to war. Let's say a sanctuary slavery jurisdiction.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Suppose that change is a single nationalized police force.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Try and "reimagine" a partitioned country, with enclaves that simply make their own rules and ruthlessly enforce them with their own standing militias.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Remember when y'all thought the transgender thing was simply about toilets? Well, it was never about toilets....

"Oregon mayor declares town 'common sense sanctuary city' over oppressive COVID lockdowns"

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?' The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.' She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.' The old seller replied, 'Co

I don't care if you are lesbian, gay, straight, bi, transgendered or whatever, just keep it to yourself.   Some kid actor who I have never heard of says he/she is transgendered and it makes

Posted Images

OK, watch the video. Easy to see the depth of madness that has infected a frighteningly large percentage of the population. Here you have a white woman accusing a Mexican traffic COP of racism in a true display of variable/situational liberal values. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/video-shows-driver-calling-officer-a-murderer-in-racist-attack-during-traffic-stop-youll-never-be-white

If it ever came to a vote, you could be pretty sure that Karen would favour a nationalized police force that reflected the progressive inclination of the current administration. She has the same level of time appreciation and situational awareness as the guppies in her fish tank though, she still thinks the push for transgender rights is about toilets. Imagine how she'll feel in the fall of 2024 when the moto of the force she voted for is changed to "Making America Great." 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Everybody is aware of shortages of everything .... blame it on Covid etc. More underlying factors may be at play.  I have heard real world problems like a shortage of shipping containers, ships anchored off the Port of Long Beach waiting in line to unload...this could be the law of unintended consequences.

The rumor we heard was the wonderful California government in all of their wisdom modifying the CARB emission standards for big trucks has caused a shortage of vehicles available to unload all of the containers. For the big ships, it used to take 2-3 days to unload. With the shortage of trucks, it is taking 8-9 days to unload. “

1 hour ago, st27 said:

Everybody is aware of shortages of everything .... blame it on Covid etc

It's cool how it happens though.

Shortages and inflation always occur with (what's now called) progressive policies and people always consider the circumstances that lead to it happening to them to be "different," and that's because it always is. I don't pretend to understand the mechanisms at play, but it might be analogous to watching Titanic 1, 2 and 3.

I don't know the plot development, I couldn't direct the movie, and I certainly couldn't be an actor.... and yet somehow, the ending is always the same. I didn't bother watching Pearl Harbour either.

What is different here IMO is the pace of change enabled by the internet, social media etc. Usually these things take a bit of time but the window for Demonrats is pretty narrow, they will likely get creamed in the midterms. This may be their undoing and it's why the education system is so important as a recruiting tool, it provides continuity. They need this, it's not an accident:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-private-school-andrew-gutmann-brearley-blm

I'm only intrigued by the tactics here, will they overplay their hand because the short window/rapid pace risks poor delivery, unintended consequences and backlash? Or, will they get the electoral system and media (propaganda) aligned in sufficient time? 

The race is on.... 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Speaking of reality, and no, I didn't make this up.

First, Fox news won a lawsuit claiming that 'no reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously, thereby confirming they air 'fake news'.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

Now capitol hill rioters are saying that trump and Fox News whipped them into a frenzy.  The term is 'Foxitis' and 'Foxmania'.  

It just goes to show how watching Fox News, and getting false information spread by them has driven the United States down to the point it has achieved. 

Who's running the agenda behind the right, and who has control of news outlets such as Fox?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/f-bombs-mute-wars-and-foxitis-capitol-riot-cases-go-way-off-rails-in-zoom-court-hearing/

The court went through a slew of virtual hearings relating to the “Capitol breach,” as the U.S. Attorney refers to it, and as in previous cases, defendants brought up news media or former President Donald Trump as having personally clouded their judgment or incited them in some way.

An attorney for defendant Anthony Antonio of Delaware gave it a name. Two, actually. He said his client was suffering from “Foxitis” (also “Fox-itis” or “Foxitus”) after having become “hooked on Foxmania.” The condition, his lawyer argued, a result of what listening to what Fox News Channel “fed to him” over the course of several months leading up to January 6th.

deicer;

The results of a quick search shows you have used that link/court case involving Fox News in at least 7 posts since September 2020.  Are you under the impression that we are visited by so many new members that you will reach a new set of eyes since your last use on April 14th or that by sheer repetition you'll convince some longtime member who hasn't been convinced by now? Look, I won't stop you - post it every day if you want but you do realize you're wasting the time and keystrokes it takes to do so, right?

More to the point - the fact that Fox News used a self-immolating defense to thwart a lawsuit is not earth-shattering news.  It's a long-standing tactic used by individuals, corporations and governments since the beginning of time.  If a lawsuit comes up next week that requires the exact opposite argument - they'll do it.  It's simple expediency - nothing more.  It's not the astonishing revelation you seem to be suggesting.

You are correct.  I have used Fox in the past.

The reason is that if you use any other mainstream media outlets on this forum, you get slammed about 'fake news' and 'agendas'.

It is the spin of Fox and the false narratives created by trump that are the problem.

It started an insurrection.

And do you also realise that once again you are deflecting the conversation to be about me rather than the issues?

Edited to add:

Have you seen the posts on this forum that are single sourced and figured out how they get where they are regarding their opinions?

You are correct.  I have used Fox in the past.

Not just using Fox but repeatedly referring to the same item.

The reason is that if you use any other mainstream media outlets on this forum, you get slammed about 'fake news' and 'agendas'.

It is the spin of Fox and the false narratives created by trump that are the problem.

It started an insurrection.

Insurrection?  Come on.  That's over-the-top CNN-speak.  Protests in Washington are an insurrection but weeks of occupation in Seattle is a peaceful demonstration?  An insurrection (IMO) requires military action with a plan not a couple of good ole boys at the Dunkin Donut's.

And do you also realise that once again you are deflecting the conversation to be about me rather than the issues?

As I clearly said; post the same thing every day - I couldn't care much less.  I'm simply pointing out that it's become repetitive.  I've read it, others have (probably) read it too.  Whatever effect you're going for has been lost after the 7th repost.

All that being said, I'm deflecting nothing - the second paragraph of my reply directly responds to your item about Fox.  Will you argue the point?  Your post accusing me of "deflecting" is itself a deflection!

Edited to add:

Have you seen the posts on this forum that are single sourced and figured out how they get where they are regarding their opinions?

Enlighten us.