It seems to me that sanctuary jurisdictions are making the country increasingly ungovernable. When you can opt out of such things as federal immigration law, firearm regulations, emergency health orders etc, and direct your police forces to deliberately sabotage federal enforcement agencies, it might be a good time to sell change as the antidote to the very chaos YOU created. Have we seen that anywhere before?

Now: suppose that level of jurisdictional autonomy lead to circumstances that served as an inducement to war. Let's say a sanctuary slavery jurisdiction.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Suppose that change is a single nationalized police force.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Try and "reimagine" a partitioned country, with enclaves that simply make their own rules and ruthlessly enforce them with their own standing militias.... have we seen that anywhere before?

Remember when y'all thought the transgender thing was simply about toilets? Well, it was never about toilets....

"Oregon mayor declares town 'common sense sanctuary city' over oppressive COVID lockdowns"

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?' The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.' She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.' The old seller replied, 'Co

I don't care if you are lesbian, gay, straight, bi, transgendered or whatever, just keep it to yourself.   Some kid actor who I have never heard of says he/she is transgendered and it makes

Posted Images

OK, watch the video. Easy to see the depth of madness that has infected a frighteningly large percentage of the population. Here you have a white woman accusing a Mexican traffic COP of racism in a true display of variable/situational liberal values. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/video-shows-driver-calling-officer-a-murderer-in-racist-attack-during-traffic-stop-youll-never-be-white

If it ever came to a vote, you could be pretty sure that Karen would favour a nationalized police force that reflected the progressive inclination of the current administration. She has the same level of time appreciation and situational awareness as the guppies in her fish tank though, she still thinks the push for transgender rights is about toilets. Imagine how she'll feel in the fall of 2024 when the moto of the force she voted for is changed to "Making America Great." 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Everybody is aware of shortages of everything .... blame it on Covid etc. More underlying factors may be at play.  I have heard real world problems like a shortage of shipping containers, ships anchored off the Port of Long Beach waiting in line to unload...this could be the law of unintended consequences.

The rumor we heard was the wonderful California government in all of their wisdom modifying the CARB emission standards for big trucks has caused a shortage of vehicles available to unload all of the containers. For the big ships, it used to take 2-3 days to unload. With the shortage of trucks, it is taking 8-9 days to unload. “

1 hour ago, st27 said:

Everybody is aware of shortages of everything .... blame it on Covid etc

It's cool how it happens though.

Shortages and inflation always occur with (what's now called) progressive policies and people always consider the circumstances that lead to it happening to them to be "different," and that's because it always is. I don't pretend to understand the mechanisms at play, but it might be analogous to watching Titanic 1, 2 and 3.

I don't know the plot development, I couldn't direct the movie, and I certainly couldn't be an actor.... and yet somehow, the ending is always the same. I didn't bother watching Pearl Harbour either.

What is different here IMO is the pace of change enabled by the internet, social media etc. Usually these things take a bit of time but the window for Demonrats is pretty narrow, they will likely get creamed in the midterms. This may be their undoing and it's why the education system is so important as a recruiting tool, it provides continuity. They need this, it's not an accident:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-private-school-andrew-gutmann-brearley-blm

I'm only intrigued by the tactics here, will they overplay their hand because the short window/rapid pace risks poor delivery, unintended consequences and backlash? Or, will they get the electoral system and media (propaganda) aligned in sufficient time? 

The race is on.... 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Speaking of reality, and no, I didn't make this up.

First, Fox news won a lawsuit claiming that 'no reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously, thereby confirming they air 'fake news'.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

Now capitol hill rioters are saying that trump and Fox News whipped them into a frenzy.  The term is 'Foxitis' and 'Foxmania'.  

It just goes to show how watching Fox News, and getting false information spread by them has driven the United States down to the point it has achieved. 

Who's running the agenda behind the right, and who has control of news outlets such as Fox?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/f-bombs-mute-wars-and-foxitis-capitol-riot-cases-go-way-off-rails-in-zoom-court-hearing/

The court went through a slew of virtual hearings relating to the “Capitol breach,” as the U.S. Attorney refers to it, and as in previous cases, defendants brought up news media or former President Donald Trump as having personally clouded their judgment or incited them in some way.

An attorney for defendant Anthony Antonio of Delaware gave it a name. Two, actually. He said his client was suffering from “Foxitis” (also “Fox-itis” or “Foxitus”) after having become “hooked on Foxmania.” The condition, his lawyer argued, a result of what listening to what Fox News Channel “fed to him” over the course of several months leading up to January 6th.

deicer;

The results of a quick search shows you have used that link/court case involving Fox News in at least 7 posts since September 2020.  Are you under the impression that we are visited by so many new members that you will reach a new set of eyes since your last use on April 14th or that by sheer repetition you'll convince some longtime member who hasn't been convinced by now? Look, I won't stop you - post it every day if you want but you do realize you're wasting the time and keystrokes it takes to do so, right?

More to the point - the fact that Fox News used a self-immolating defense to thwart a lawsuit is not earth-shattering news.  It's a long-standing tactic used by individuals, corporations and governments since the beginning of time.  If a lawsuit comes up next week that requires the exact opposite argument - they'll do it.  It's simple expediency - nothing more.  It's not the astonishing revelation you seem to be suggesting.

You are correct.  I have used Fox in the past.

The reason is that if you use any other mainstream media outlets on this forum, you get slammed about 'fake news' and 'agendas'.

It is the spin of Fox and the false narratives created by trump that are the problem.

It started an insurrection.

And do you also realise that once again you are deflecting the conversation to be about me rather than the issues?

Edited to add:

Have you seen the posts on this forum that are single sourced and figured out how they get where they are regarding their opinions?

You are correct.  I have used Fox in the past.

Not just using Fox but repeatedly referring to the same item.

The reason is that if you use any other mainstream media outlets on this forum, you get slammed about 'fake news' and 'agendas'.

It is the spin of Fox and the false narratives created by trump that are the problem.

It started an insurrection.

Insurrection?  Come on.  That's over-the-top CNN-speak.  Protests in Washington are an insurrection but weeks of occupation in Seattle is a peaceful demonstration?  An insurrection (IMO) requires military action with a plan not a couple of good ole boys at the Dunkin Donut's.

And do you also realise that once again you are deflecting the conversation to be about me rather than the issues?

As I clearly said; post the same thing every day - I couldn't care much less.  I'm simply pointing out that it's become repetitive.  I've read it, others have (probably) read it too.  Whatever effect you're going for has been lost after the 7th repost.

All that being said, I'm deflecting nothing - the second paragraph of my reply directly responds to your item about Fox.  Will you argue the point?  Your post accusing me of "deflecting" is itself a deflection!

Edited to add:

Have you seen the posts on this forum that are single sourced and figured out how they get where they are regarding their opinions?

Enlighten us.

It's not commentary about you.  It's a suggestion, in case you didn't know, that posting the same thing over and over causes your posts to have diminished value.  Take it or leave it.

Regarding your second point:  CNN isn't propaganda that incites violence?   Get real.

Did you not lock multiple threads because of 'suggestive' not subjective material?

Back to the point, Fox has been used by trump as a propaganda tool and yes, it helped foment the insurrection, both before the act, and in justifying it afterwards.

https://qz.com/1954053/fox-news-coverage-of-the-trump-riot-shows-the-network-isnt-changing/

Fox isn’t changing. If anything, it could move even further into conspiracy-mongering in an attempt to reinvigorate the audience it lost over the last few months.

In the hours and days since the attempted insurrection, which some US national security experts labeled a “terrorist attack,” Fox’s anchors, contributors, and guests have spent much of their time on the air justifying the rioters’ violence and floating conspiracy theories without any evidence.

The network also had other guests on who lied unchecked about the 2020 election—even while the Capitol riot was still ongoing.

And then Fox gave voice to discredited conspiracy theories, which had surfaced in far-right social media circles in the hours before. Hosts Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Lou Dobbs, and several guests referenced “reports” that Antifa—the term for an unorganized movement of antifascist political activists—had embedded covert agents to instigate the insurrection. In truth, many of the rioters were well-known white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and QAnon conspiracy theorists, who did not take steps to conceal their identities. There is no evidence the rioters were infiltrated or encouraged by anyone with other motives.

Fox has since regained a dominant position in the conservative media bubble, in part by inching back toward coverage that likely pleased Trump: talking up the possibility that the election was unfair and voter fraud was possible. (There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud that could impact the result of the election.) The network’s coverage of the Jan. 6 insurrection was the coup de grace of its post-election crusade to rehabilitate its reputation among Trump acolytes.

https://www.vox.com/recode/22219026/fox-news-riot-capitol-maga-carlson-hannity

Fox News wants its viewers angry enough to watch but not angry enough to riot

Guess what happens when you tell people, over and over, that they’re being robbed? They may believe you.

For more than two months, Fox News has been telling its viewers that the presidential election has been stolen. Or, at the very least, it could have been stolen.

Now, facing the fatal consequence of that lie — a riot at the US Capitol that left at least four people dead — America’s most popular news network is telling its viewers the events were sad but also understandable. Because voters think the presidential election was stolen.

But Fox can’t back down now, even after the deadly debacle it helped foment. It will have to continue telling millions of Americans that they’re right to think the election was stolen from them. If you’ve been serving a steady diet of red meat, your customers won’t suddenly accept chicken or tofu.

The fever swamps of the internet and social media are even worse, letting unhinged conspiracy theories like QAnon thrive unchecked. Ashli Babbitt, the woman shot and killed in the Capitol Wednesday, appears to have been a QAnon adherent. (Carlson, in his monologue, wondered aloud why Babbitt, who he said “looked pretty much like everyone else,” would storm the building.)

All of which puts even more pressure on Fox News to cater to its most unhinged and dangerous viewers — if they’re not getting what they want from Tucker and co., there are plenty of options just a click away. But at the same time, Fox also has to keep its programming palatable to enough Americans to justify the advertising and affiliate fees that make it the key driver in an enterprise worth some $20 billion.

just got my census forms a few days ago.  Idk but for some reason I just don't like the fact that it shows up with an identifying code attached to my address.  When you go the website to start the process the first thing is to enter your code.  Seems like a problem for a guy like me.  There is an option to get a paper copy just phone in and supply your code and they'll send it to you.  What?!  I never usd to feel this way but for some reason I just don't trust the gov anymore.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, PA38-112 said:

What?!  I never usd to feel this way but for some reason I just don't trust the gov anymore.

Shows you’ve been doing your homework. Congrats !

I guess the question should be… What has Trudeau done to actually make Canadians trust government? I keep hoping to find something,… anything…… but keep coming up empty. It seems like he wakes up every morning and asks himself..How can I piss off Canadians today? What idiotic thing will they accept this fine morning?  Its almost like he does it on purpose.

Jaydee

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Jaydee
4 minutes ago, PA38-112 said:

Thx, are you gunna do your census?

I looked for it…couldn’t find it…then again I burn all spam / advertising / excess paper daily. It may have been discarded …not really sure :Scratch-Head:

Pretty sure they will come knocking if it’s that important.

7 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Pretty sure they will come knocking if it’s that important.

it does say it's mandatory and required by law but i'm guessing the gov has more pressing issues. 

I don't see how this is complicated. It's the inevitable;e result of the policies people there wanted. There is no surprise as no other outcome was or is possible unless / until the bills are paid by the very people who demanded the outcome that they got.

Can anyone honestly make the assertion that they never, in their wildest dreams expected this to happen or that it's simply a product of unintended consequence? If you do, I know a dumb grunt, a family dog and blind goat that don't believe it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-venice-homeless-shootings-stabbings

As to the census, in my corner of the world they are hand delivered and you are checked off the list. The assigned code simplifies the process and is tied to a specific property, the details of which are readily available on a provincial website that includes address, property details, tax assessment etc. 

Speaking personally, of all the things that concern me about our current situation, this is likely the least of them. I actually considered it a good use of technology and a paper / money saving method of getting it done. If there is anything sinister here, the dog and the goat are anxious to hear about it....

Edited by Wolfhunter
1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

Speaking personally, of all the things that concern me about our current situation, this is likely the least of them. I actually considered it a good use of technology and a paper / money saving method of getting it done. If there is anything sinister here, the dog and the goat are anxious to hear about it....

Its odd.  I used to know what to be suspicious of but I seem to have lost my calibration.  Now I see the boogeyman in every contact-tracing app and gov action.  Is the census safe.  I don't know and worse dont' know how to tell.

2 hours ago, PA38-112 said:

I used to know what to be suspicious of but I seem to have lost my calibration.

I just use the question "does it make sense?" I could offer lots of examples but perhaps the most poignant one orbits the defunding of police issue.

Does it make sense as a working concept? Is a coincidental 200% increase in violent crime attributable to another cause... like global warming? I say no, that doesn't make sense to me.

It's far more likely that your calibration is temporarily buffer exceeded by the avalanche of blatant absurdity than any deficiency in nominal performance. In fact, questioning the calibration stands as proof of normality in the face of that absurdity. Give me political agnostics who search for truth and vote on policy over believers who proclaim truth and vote on narrative.

Welcome to the forum. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

It is not anti, masking rather it is anti everything.    Maybe Don Quixote would have been heir leader?

What happens to anti-maskers after the pandemic?

Nathaniel Dove  1 hour ago

9 Comments

The end of the COVID-19 pandemic may be in sight.

That presumably would also end the protests by anti-maskers, who have demonstrated against the public health orders, designed to stop the novel coronavirus from spreading further, almost since governments put the guidelines in place.

But it isn't masks that drive them, a University of Regina psychology professor said.

It's anger.

So they’ll likely keep protesting and then mobilize around the next divisive issue.

Gordon Pennycook said the so-called freedom rallies are just the latest outlet for a small group of people to express their rage at things that are out of their control.

“It doesn't really matter what the specific grievances are,” he said. “It's the identification with grievances, with having them, the kind of enjoyment of protesting" that keeps them demonstrating most weekends.

He said anger was the “underlying fuel that builds people's engagement.”

Global News identified several anti-maskers in Saskatoon from their previous counter-protests against Wet’suwet’en in February 2020 and the Defund the Police March, in June 2020.

Pennycook told Global News grievance-driven groups like anti-maskers typically have to shift their focus to another topic or “it just dissolves.”

“There is always going to be something that you can have grievances about in a society that's as complex as ours,” Pennycook said, speaking from Regina.

He said such groups form through echo chambers on social media. He clarified that most people seek out echo chambers — people who hold the same views — but some can be very insular and fail to take in information from outside the bubble.

Like when overwhelming scientific evidence suggests masks help stop the spread of COVID-19.

So the chanting will likely continue, but an epidemiologist warns a small group of people can be a risk to others.

Read more: Tickets issued to 11 ‘key participants’ at Saskatoon COVID-19 anti-mask rally

“A partially inoculated population could be set back and threatened by vaccine refusers,” Nazeem Muhajarine said.

Muhajarine is part of a nationwide network to distill COVID-19 information to governments and the public. He’s also part of the Saskatchewan Population Health and Evaluation Research Unit, which tracks attitudes towards vaccination in the province.

However, he said the latest polling shows Saskatchewan residents’ determination to get vaccinated remains relatively consistent.

Around 76 per cent of more than 9,200 people polled said they would definitely get the vaccine or already had a shot.

About 13 per cent said they didn’t know if they would get inoculated.

Eleven per cent said they wouldn’t.

Read more: Why is opposition to lockdowns, masks and science growing? The psychology of defiance explained

Muhajarine told Global News this places Saskatchewan right on the cusp of reaching herd immunity.

“I think we cannot go any lower than 75 per cent,” he said, “especially when we have variants that are developing a survival or evolutionary advantage.”

If more people decide they won’t want the shot, the disease could still circulate.

Protection, Muhajarine said, comes when enough people get vaccinated.

image.png

9 hours ago, Kargokings said:

It is not anti, masking rather it is anti everything.    Maybe Don Quixote would have been heir leader?

Or it might be the fact that the government and pharmaceutical companies are insulated from any responsibility for ill effects. Or it might be because people have unanswered questions about safety and efficacy vs risk.

It may have nothing to do with a Quixote style paranoid personality disorder and suggesting that it does may prove counter productive.

It's likely that this attitude (and condescending tone) from the same people who expunged the inoculation records of veterans will prove ineffective. There is a reason why 40% of US Marines refused the vaccination and it’s sure as hell not because they are anti everything.

This is a case where honesty and clear answers will prove far more productive than ridicule and peer pressure. As the numbers of unvaccinated people decrease (in total), the number of people on whom those tactics are totally ineffective will increase until they represent the bulk of unvaccinated individuals. As difficult as it may be for liberals to fathom, this is exactly how not to do it IMO.

https://coronavirus.nautil.us/military-refuse-vaccine/

The more likely reason behind the high number of refusals has to do with the military’s history with vaccines. During the Gulf War in the early 1990s, the Defense Department and FDA implemented a rule that allowed the military to require vaccines for military personnel. Defense One estimates that upward of 650,000 soldiers received the IND Anthrax Vaccine Absorbed (AVA) over the next decade. 

In the following years, Defense One reports that 85% of those that received the anthrax vaccine experienced adverse side effects. These included “severe fatigue, joint pain, headaches, gastrointestinal issues, and respiratory disorders.”  That pushed many to believe that Gulf War Syndrome and anthrax vaccine side effects were one and the same. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Look Guys...

Fight about left right and center all you want.

The cold hard truth is that WE ALL are being subject to massive amounts of propaganda every day.  Some from the left, some from the right and some from another bloody galaxy it seems.

I usually just gloss over all of these posts back and forth and once and a while I comment.

The one thing I have noticed is that in this 46 page thread (and others) is that to some extent you ALL suffer from the effects of brainwashing at the hands of propaganda be it from one side or the other.  

admittedly I get swayed from time to time but then I take a look at thing with a common sense perspective and look at bot sides.  This keeps me centered.  There is good on both sides and there is bad on both sides that will never change as EVERY politician has an agenda and that agenda does include ANYONE but him/her self.

Mainstream news media is verifiably biased left or right.  that is easy to spot.  The internet "news media" is most definitely serving an agenda and is wholly unregulated.  Much of it is produced in their parents basement anyway.

I have watched people on this forum and many others swing from one side to the other and sometimes back based on information that was dubious at best.  I have also watch as people post specifically biased media content to support a supposition which is plain silly and just shows that the propaganda works.

Though is not a crime (yet).  use your brain, do the research, formulate a conclusion.  Leave the media out of it.

• Like 1