It looks like trump's lawyer is using the Fox Network defense to get absolved of her lies....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/03/22/sidney-powell-argues-her-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-should-be-dropped-because-no-reasonable-person-would-believe-her/?sh=2ac1c45d1dad

Sidney Powell Argues Her Dominion Defamation Lawsuit Be Tossed Because ‘No Reasonable Person’ Would Believe Her

TOPLINE

Former Trump lawyer and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell moved to dismiss a lawsuit filed against her by Dominion Voting Systems Monday, arguing her earlier claims that Dominion was involved in an orchestrated voter fraud effort were so outrageous that “reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact.”

KEY FACTS

Powell’s lawyers argued her claims that Dominion worked with Democrats to rig its voting machines to ensure a win for Joe Biden were clearly her own “opinions and legal theories” and not statements that the public would immediately believe.

According to the lawyers, Dominion’s descriptions of Powell’s statements as “wild accusations” and “outlandish claims” support the idea that a reasonable person would not automatically believe her.

Her claims were made as she served on former President Donald Trump’s legal team, which was tasked with challenging the results of the 2020 election in courts across the country after he lost to Biden, all of which were thrown out.

Powell’s lawyers, in documents filed in Washington, D.C., pointed to previous court rulings that state political language “is often vituperative, abusive and inexact,” and that it is a “well recognized principle that political statements are inherently prone to exaggeration and hyperbole.”

The lawyers also wrote that the complaint, filed in Washington, D.C., does not have enough connection to the area and requested for the case to be transferred to a district court in Texas, Powell’s home state, if it’s not dropped altogether.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“Those members of the public who were interested in the controversy were free to, and did, review that evidence and reached their own conclusions—or awaited resolution of the matter by the courts before making up their minds,” Powell’s lawyers wrote in the filing.

KEY BACKGROUND

Powell is being sued by Dominion for $1.3 billion in damages after repeatedly claiming the company played a role in a far-reaching conspiracy to rid the White House of Trump by rigging voting machines.The lawsuit described 40 occasions Powell allegedly made false and defamatory statements about Dominion with “actual malice,” which allegedly resulted in the company’s founder and employees receiving death threat.  Dominion has also filed lawsuits against fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell over their pushing of the election conspiracy. Giuliani told Forbes in February the lawsuit is “a “wonderful opportunity to take discovery and prove exactly who and what they are,” and Lindell told Forbes before the lawsuit against him was filed that he would “welcome” being sued by Dominion, adding he has “100% proof” they committed election fraud.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't care if you are lesbian, gay, straight, bi, transgendered or whatever, just keep it to yourself.   Some kid actor who I have never heard of says he/she is transgendered and it makes

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?' The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.' She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.' The old seller replied, 'Co

Posted Images

It looks like trump's lawyer is using the Fox Network defense to get absolved of her lies....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/03/22/sidney-powell-argues-her-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-should-be-dropped-because-no-reasonable-person-would-believe-her/?sh=2ac1c45d1dad

Sidney Powell Argues Her Dominion Defamation Lawsuit Be Tossed Because ‘No Reasonable Person’ Would Believe Her

TOPLINE

Former Trump lawyer and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell moved to dismiss a lawsuit filed against her by Dominion Voting Systems Monday, arguing her earlier claims that Dominion was involved in an orchestrated voter fraud effort were so outrageous that “reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact.”

KEY FACTS

Powell’s lawyers argued her claims that Dominion worked with Democrats to rig its voting machines to ensure a win for Joe Biden were clearly her own “opinions and legal theories” and not statements that the public would immediately believe.

According to the lawyers, Dominion’s descriptions of Powell’s statements as “wild accusations” and “outlandish claims” support the idea that a reasonable person would not automatically believe her.

Her claims were made as she served on former President Donald Trump’s legal team, which was tasked with challenging the results of the 2020 election in courts across the country after he lost to Biden, all of which were thrown out.

Powell’s lawyers, in documents filed in Washington, D.C., pointed to previous court rulings that state political language “is often vituperative, abusive and inexact,” and that it is a “well recognized principle that political statements are inherently prone to exaggeration and hyperbole.”

The lawyers also wrote that the complaint, filed in Washington, D.C., does not have enough connection to the area and requested for the case to be transferred to a district court in Texas, Powell’s home state, if it’s not dropped altogether.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“Those members of the public who were interested in the controversy were free to, and did, review that evidence and reached their own conclusions—or awaited resolution of the matter by the courts before making up their minds,” Powell’s lawyers wrote in the filing.

KEY BACKGROUND

Powell is being sued by Dominion for $1.3 billion in damages after repeatedly claiming the company played a role in a far-reaching conspiracy to rid the White House of Trump by rigging voting machines.The lawsuit described 40 occasions Powell allegedly made false and defamatory statements about Dominion with “actual malice,” which allegedly resulted in the company’s founder and employees receiving death threat.  Dominion has also filed lawsuits against fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell over their pushing of the election conspiracy. Giuliani told Forbes in February the lawsuit is “a “wonderful opportunity to take discovery and prove exactly who and what they are,” and Lindell told Forbes before the lawsuit against him was filed that he would “welcome” being sued by Dominion, adding he has “100% proof” they committed election fraud.

Posted (edited)

Insane !

Father jailed after referring to biological female child as his daughter

He said, "Here I am, sitting there as a parent, watching a perfectly healthy child be destroyed, and there's nothing I can do but sit on the sideline according to Justice Boden at the time. I can only affirm, or get thrown in jail."

Boden's court held that the father's consent was irrelevant. The judge went a step further, declaring that the girl's parents must affirm their child's "gender identity," and refer to the child as though the fact of her being a gender non-conforming biological female who identifies as transgender means that the child is a boy. If he did not, the parents would be implicated of the criminal offense of family violence.

After the hearing, the father gave an interview to The Federalist saying that people cannot change sex, and that mega-doses of exogenous testosterone would damage his vulnerable, biological female child's health”

“ The father said that "They've created a delusion, and they're forcing parents to live in this delusion." 

"What happens when the bubble explodes and the delusion ends… She can never go back to being a girl in the healthy body she should have had… These kids don't understand. What kind of 13 year old is thinking about having a family and kids?" He said, lamenting his child's stolen future.

The father gave interviews to several Canadian commentators. The broadcasts were suppressed by digital platforms, and he was threatened with contempt of court proceedings.”

“ The Canadian state has taken a drastically wrong turning by institutionalizing transsexual medical procedures for children, then imposing draconian constraints on free expression to conceal the full horror of what it is doing to a generation of children. It seems unwilling to consider the implications of the decision in Keira Bell v Tavistock in the UK. “

https://thepostmillennial.com/rob-hoogland-canada-prisoner-of-conscience

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1
https://apnews.com/article/captain-underpants-book-racism-3967162e98a322ae1e121596abf454bc

A graphic novel for children that was a spin-off of the wildly popular “Captain Underpants” series is being pulled from library and book store shelves after its publisher said it “perpetuates passive racism.”
3 hours ago, Kargokings said:

...its publisher said it “perpetuates passive racism.”

I don't know a single person who cares about this nonsense and they don't know anyone either....I asked.

A portion of my family is native, guess how many of them care about this... NONE, that's how many.

So where are all of the people who are offended by a cartoon about a talking skunk? I can't find them and I've been looking because I have a few questions.

Do they think skunks can talk?

As it happens, this particular skunk is infatuated with a neighbourhood cat, do they think cats talk? Do they think cats and skunks speak the same language?  Did the skunk go to a florist and buy those flowers or do we simply assume he stole them because skunks are black?  Is that the point? If not, WTF is the point? 

Can anyone provide a real life example of a talking skunk giving a bouquet of flowers to a talking cat?  

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

It’s like the only people they poll are University students taking useless Social Science courses ....oh wait.........hmmmnnnnnn ??

With today’s quality of university education, students probably get marks for taking part in surveys. 

Edited by Jaydee

We have transitioned beyond "if you don't like it, don't watch" and it seems that the purveyors of that sentiment no longer believe it themselves, or maybe they are frauds and liars (more likely the case IMO).  

Watch an episode of the talking skunk and compare it to WAP. Then watch "Go Hard or Go Home" on YOUTUBE by Ray Jones Jr. He's my favourite boxer and favourite rapper.... a hugely talented guy and I don't even like rap. But my question is, "why is that OK?"

As the poem says, Tommy ain't a bleeden fool... you know that Tommy sees.

Woxof deserves an apology and an invitation back under his original screen name. As I recall, he called it first but most people (including me), didn't like the presentation.

Outing frauds and liars should now be job one and I'm starting to think the future depends on it.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
On 3/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, Jaydee said:

With today’s quality of university education, students probably get marks for taking part in surveys. 

My Grand-daughter in grade 5 gets 1 mark for getting the answer right and another mark for explaining how the answer made her feel.  IN MATH

1 hour ago, Fido said:

My Grand-daughter in grade 5 gets 1 mark for getting the answer right and another mark for explaining how the answer made her feel.  IN MATH

OM*G 

Your tax $$$ at work...a great example of Chinese investment providing “good quality jobs” here in Canada....maybe Trudeau would like to work there....oh that’s right, he’s never had to work for a living!

When a Chinese dairy processor invested $332 million to build a baby formula plant in Kingston, Ont., it promised to create hundreds of jobs in Eastern Ontario.

Now, some of the people who took those jobs at Feihe International's Canadian subsidiary are warning the workplace isn't safe — and they're afraid someone is going to get killed.

"They didn't care about you. They didn't care about your family," one worker said. "We were told constantly, 'This is the way they do things in China.'........

To date, the government of Ontario has provided $13.8 million to Canada Royal Milk through its jobs and prosperity fund for the food and beverage sector, with the balance of its $24 million investment expected to be paid between now and 2024.

But Danie Cousineau, the corporate secretary and manager of the Canadian Dairy Commission, refused to disclose how much federal funding was approved for Canada Royal Milk under its matching investment fund — arguing that such third-party information is subject to Access to Information Act rules.......

As construction on the plant was wrapping up in January 2020, a complaint was filed with the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development's occupational health and safety office alleging unqualified millwrights replaced a heater on a 460-volt live wire without protective equipment.

"They could have killed themselves quite easily," one worker said. "There [were] lots of instances, mostly with the [foreign] Chinese contractors, working on 600 volts live every day, all day.

"It's a federally mandated rule. You are not allowed to work live. It takes less than an amp to stop your heart."

The worker said he tried to warn contractors brought in from China that they were putting their safety at risk, but struggled to get the message across because they didn't understand English. The plant's safety manager, he said, rarely left his office. 

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5967372

And digging a little deeper on the origins of the plant from 2017:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/feihe-plant-trade-1.4228502

There hasn't been a lot of publicity about this deal. Feihe declined an invitation to be interviewed by CBC News. While a CDC spokesperson answered questions over the telephone, its CEO declined to be interviewed.

A document obtained by CBC News under Access to Information shows that a confidentiality agreement was signed between the company and CDC in Ottawa last September — the same week Chinese Premier Li Keqiang met Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and announced exploratory trade talks. A later document doesn't mention this signing.

• Thanks 1

Sheet music is racist

The University of Oxford has taken the Black Lives Matter movement to heart, and as such is considering a plan to scrap sheet music, notation, and the classical music that was scored upon it. Sheet music is now considered "too colonial," while Beethoven and Mozart, and music curriculums in general, are believed to have "complicity in white supremacy."

Who's in on this? Arguments against the music, which is one of the greatest achievements of western civilization, arose not just from activist students but from activist professors, who say that the music study in its current composition is focused on "white European music from the slave period."

Musical notation is believed now to be part of a "colonialist representational system." The changes are being proposed to undergraduate level courses and the goal is to "decolonize" music study. These professors are intent on addressing "white hegemony," according to Telegraph.

The professors argue that the teaching of musical notation would be a "slap in the face" for students because notation "has not 'shaken off its connection to its colonial past.'" Music study, moving forward, has been "earmarked for a rebranding to be more inclusive."

Additionally, requirements will no longer dictate that music students are taught to play piano, or how to conduct orchestras, because this, too "structurally centres white European music." According to these music instructors at Oxford whose job it was to teach the history, scope, breadth and practice of music, this can cause "students of colour great distress." Even the way music is taught, these profs complain, is a problem because the "vast bulk of tutors for techniques are white men."

If Oxford is no longer willing or able to uphold that 800 year history of musical scholarship in the western tradition, it is unclear who will.
  • Sad 1

This just about sums it up......typically Canadian...

As for leadership, it is to despair. I’m not going to catalogue what others in recent days have catalogued, the missteps, confusions, muddles, delays, misdirections, slackness and plain incompetence that marks the federal response. Nor its all too vivid mirror in the administrations of the provinces. Nor will I draw on the litany of various hypocrisies where those in government ignored or bypassed the rules they insisted on for those whom they governed. Of which however, it is worth noting, the most outrageous was Andrew Furey calling an election in a Newfoundland February. Let’s put on our cute little Liberal-red jackets and go door to door during a plague.

We’ve closed Parliament, banned church services, imposed isolations, kept family members apart during moments of deepest distress, vastly circumscribed every civil liberty supposedly enshrined in our holy Charter of Rights and Freedoms, given police ridiculous discretion, padlocked parks, ticketed lone dog-walkers, kept children out of school, exploded national and provincial debt and left accounting for it to a distant day — all this, and so much more — and the dubiously celebrated Canadian patience continues to extend itself.

Or should we call it something else? Sluggishness. Complacency. Lassitude. Inertia. Perhaps despair is the word I’m looking for.

Surely we should, at least by this point, be asking rather angrily — do you guys have ANY plan for when this ends, for it CANNOT continue. Do you have an end date? When is it? Do you actually know what you are doing? Or are we all, the whole Canadian nation, on some playground slide that has no terminal. Is it all drop until you stop? Do you think these daily prayer sessions — because that’s really all they are — where the PM or premier or health adviser comes out to read numbers no one is listening to anymore, stand for leadership? Do the people ill-managing the crisis, and for the most part spared from its injuries, spared the loss of income or business, actually understand the pain of those not so well situated? Do you leaders know what’s going on in your own country or your own province?

At this stage I think the only point of this crisis seems to be to maintain the crisis. It certainly liberates governments. Yet it cannot continue. There is always a fulcrum point. Is the response worse than the stimulus, the cure than the disease? True north strong and free? Not lately it isn’t.

Some normalcy must return. The famous patience of Canadians has gone past all reason.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-canadians-have-been-patient-during-the-pandemic-thats-not-necessarily-a-good-thing

• Thanks 1

It's all so confusing.  Racism against Asians - bad.  Black Lives Matter protestors - good.  But what about BLM protestors being racist and intimidating towards Asians?  Who am I supposed to virtue-signal for?

2 hours ago, seeker said:

It's all so confusing. 

Sure is.

Two things are abundantly clear to me now:

• race baiting is agenda motivated (for political gain); and
  • nothing good comes from it.

Until a few years ago I hadn’t really considered that people would vote based on narrative rather than policy; it serves only to lower the policy bar and now good policy is no longer the ticket to voter support. I think there is an element of cause and effect here.

Look at the rhetoric around the Georgia voting bill (easy to find), but then go looking for actual facts. Turns out that it’s only political entities that aren’t allowed to give people food and water in lineups. Turns out the polls close at 1900 and not 1700. Turns out that if you are in the line prior to polls closing you still get to vote.

Now consider that Delta and MLB are opposed to the notion of presenting photo ID prior to voting (or in support of an absentee ballot request) and will invoke the race card in support of that view.

Turns out that Delta demands photo ID prior to boarding their aircraft though. It also turns out that when you pick up your tickets for the big game you must produce photo ID to claim them. My guess is that they simply want to be sure that you are who you say you are.... if asked, they might suggest that it's an effort to guard against fraud.

I think it's a good idea, I just don't like hypocrites.

Edited by Wolfhunter