Reality

Jaydee

On 3/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, deicer said:

Speaking only on what I see in the province I live in, Ford is more concerned about getting pharmacies to deliver vaccines when the system we have already paid for, our health networks, are already up and running. 

Why is that?

Is it because he wants to enrich those who run Shoppers Drug Mart who are buddies of his?

Only a cynic would suggest that the gung-ho attitude of the pharmacies is motivated by anything other than altruism and desire to a team player. The fact they are receiving $13 per Covid vac injection vs $7.50 for flu shot requiring similar labour input is merely coincidental.

16 minutes ago, Airband said:

The fact they are receiving $13 per Covid vac injection vs $7.50 for flu shot requiring similar labour input is merely coincidental.

I'm not suggesting that cost doesn't matter but it's a simple logistics equation of time, speed and efficacy. 

If you want it done as quickly as possible with maximum access for all residents (in an effort to reduce time lines) pharmacies are a crucial part of the equation. People who suggest otherwise likely live in large centres with lots of access and have their own doctors. Speaking personally, I have none of that, a condition faced by many rural folks in a large country.

Getting my driver medical completed (to renew my class 1 license) was painful beyond belief and took nearly a month to schedule. By contrast, there are 3 pharmacies within easy driving distance... any routine items that pharmacists can prescribe and/or deliver is an absolute blessing in terms of access and availability. 

Good Lord, simple concepts are beating us to death here, did no one grow up in rural community with limited access to..... EVERYTHING??

• Like 2

I'm not suggesting pharmacies are not logical partner with a proven track record, I've used them myself in other inoculation campaigns. My only question would be if they are willing participants to provide wide coverage at $7.50 for a similar service, is a 70% premium required in this instance. Perhaps it is.

8 minutes ago, Airband said:

70% premium required in this instance. Perhaps it is.

Storage requirements maybe? Extra personnel?

Lots of Red Tape when dealing with these vaccines

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/vaccine/vaccine_storage_handling_pfizer_moderna.pdf

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Storage requirements maybe?

I was wondering about that.

Logistically, it seems like an issue for all providers and would be even more acute in smaller communities and their satellites. I'm guessing there might be a workaround for the ultra low temperatures required to store some vaccines though. If not, it requires a bit more coordination and planning which ultimately means added expense (I would think).

Regardless though, based on observing the horror show (that passes as a medical system) since leaving the military, I would favour pharmacies for effective mass distribution over a fragmented and government run medical system any day.  

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

These are dangerous fools and they get people hurt. They have completely abandoned common sense and it's like the voters haven't even noticed. I never thought I would get to see this sort of stuff in my lifetime:

Portland mayor looks to re-fund police with $2M request as homicides spike – but council support unclear

After slashing its police budget by $16 million last year, Oregon's largest city has seen 20 homicides so far in 2021 -- compared to just one at this same point last year

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

These are dangerous fools and they get people hurt. They have completely abandoned common sense and it's like the voters haven't even noticed. I never thought I would get to see this sort of stuff in my lifetime:

Portland mayor looks to re-fund police with $2M request as homicides spike – but council support unclear

After slashing its police budget by $16 million last year, Oregon's largest city has seen 20 homicides so far in 2021 -- compared to just one at this same point last year

OK, pop quiz:

Name two advanced civilizations that share(d) the following characteristics (this is a short list):

• Hugely expensive elections with questionable funding
  • Careers in politics serve as a road to personal wealth
  • Continuous foreign security operations distract from important domestic issues
  • Profits made overseas shape domestic policy
  • Slow but continuous shrinkage of the middle class
  • Use of gerrymandering techniques to manipulate the relationship between popular vote and election results
  • Political polarization leading to the absence of compromise and "winner takes all" results
  • The deliberate and pervasive spread of propaganda for political gain
  • Vilification of previous leaders and the destruction of historic statues and monuments
  • Huge debt, over extended budgets and the need to tax everything in sight
  • Massive immigration efforts intended to increase the tax base
  • Low birth rates and the requirement for foreigners to provide population growth
  • The use of distraction to avoid voter alienation (circuses and gladiatorial combat come to mind)
Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This should go over well with the “ Woke” LEFT ??

Vatican: Catholic priests, ministers can't bless same-sex unions

God 'does not and cannot bless sin', Vatican says

The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church cannot bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin." 

The Vatican’s orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response Monday to a question about whether Catholic clergy can bless gay unions. 

The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was "negative

https://www.foxnews.com/world/vatican-catholic-priests-ministers-cant-bless-same-sex-unions?fbclid=IwAR2wzMtP68JNBNiYszfTmkORN7aUCHjRuE8Zl2y97AUfDIdvX0a8KA0jHlo

• Thanks 1

Father who won’t stop discussing opposition to child’s gender transition taken into custody pending court decision

'The decision also included an order that the father “acknowledge and refer to (the child) as male and employ male pronouns” and “identify (the child) by the name he has chosen.”

Tue  Mar 16, 2021 - The Toronto Star

By Douglas Quan - Vancouver Bureau

A B.C. father who has been a vocal critic of his transgender child’s decision to pursue hormone treatment was placed in handcuffs Tuesday and remanded into custody at least until the end of the week after being rebuked by a judge for “persistently and consistently” violating court-ordered publication bans restricting what he can say about the case.

It’s the latest chapter in a case that has morphed from a family law dispute into a quasi-criminal one, touching on the themes of children’s rights, parental rights, free expression and more along the way.

The father previously went to court to try to block his teenage child — who was assigned female at birth but identifies as male and has the support of his mother — from pursuing testosterone hormone therapy in 2018.

But in January 2020, in a decision hailed as a victory for trans youth, the B.C. Court of Appeal reasserted the right of young people to make their own health decisions and called the father’s refusal to accept his child’s gender identity “troublesome.”

“The evidence shows that his rejection of (the child’s) identity has caused (the child) significant pain,” the decision read. “(The child) clearly wants and needs acceptance and support from his father.”

The decision also included an order that the father “acknowledge and refer to (the child) as male and employ male pronouns” and “identify (the child) by the name he has chosen.”

Provincial Crown prosecutors contend that rather than accept the decision, the father has repeatedly appeared on various online platforms, broadcasting and publishing information about the case, contravening court orders that prohibit him from identifying names of parties in the case and details of his child’s medical status.

Last July, Crown counsel filed an application in B.C. Supreme Court, seeking a finding that the father had committed criminal contempt of court — an offence that can result in five years imprisonment.

A trial is set for next month.

But earlier this month, Crown counsel took the additional step of seeking an arrest warrant for the father, prompting Tuesday’s hearing before Justice Michael Tammen.

Crown lawyer Daniel Pruim outlined what he described as “flagrant” and ongoing breaches by the father. He homed in on a fundraising website that had been set up by the father that identifies the father by his full name, contains a video clip showing his face, and in which he declares he is “fighting the far left based on a civil disobedience defence.”

Even after a warrant was issued for his arrest, the site remains active, Pruim told the judge.

“He has continued (the breaches), despite the conditions, despite the increased jeopardy to his liberty,” Pruim said.

The court-ordered publication bans were designed to protect the child, who at times has indicated he is suicidal, the prosecutor said.

“(The father) doesn’t care,” Pruim said. “He thinks his position is more important. … This isn’t someone inadvertently doing this. This is somebody who continually and deliberately flouts court orders.”

Unless some kind of plan can be devised to ensure the father respects court orders, the father should remain in custody until the contempt of court trial next month, Pruim said.

Defence lawyer Carey Linde argued there was “no evidence” that any of the father’s public commentary had resulted in harm and that many people in the community already know the facts of the case, including the child’s classmates and neighbours.

Never miss the latest news from the Star, including up-to-date coronavirus coverage, with our email newsletters. They’re free with your subscription.

“What is the big secret?” Linde asked. “The genie is out of the bottle.”

Linde asked the court to stay the arrest warrant until the contempt of court proceedings next month and that the father be released without bail.

He also signalled his intention to seek a removal of all the court-imposed publication bans, except the ones that prohibit identifying the names of the family members.

Tammen, the judge, questioned why an application to remove the orders hadn’t been made earlier.

Appearing to grow increasingly frustrated with Linde, the judge asked Linde if he had any ideas for new conditions that could be imposed on the father to give the court confidence that he will comply with the orders until his trial next month.

“It is clear to me he’s not prepared to do very much thus far to comply with court orders. What terms can I impose that will have some sway with him, to ensure compliance?”

Linde didn’t offer any particulars.

“This court absolutely values free speech and the ability of citizenry to have debate — even robust uncomfortable debate. … That’s not what this is about,” the judge said.

“This is about, at its core, (the child’s) psychological well-being.”

Tammen said he would issue a decision Friday. Until then, he ordered the father remanded into custody, bringing jeers from some of the father’s supporters in the gallery.

• Sad 1

This is pretty cool because I really thought it was just me. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/butter-tests-marketplace-1.5954569

I recently gave up on butter because I simply didn't recognize it anymore.... a bit like the Liberal party I used to vote for I guess.

Turns out it wasn't my white privilege projecting prejudicial sentiments towards "cows of colour" after all.

In truth, I'm simply not smart enough to make this up. This was an actual headline in the Washington Times a few years ago. Future generations will look at this stuff and laugh at us:

Milk: The new symbol of racism in Donald Trump's America

Edited by Wolfhunter

Occupy Democrats is a United States-based, left-wing media outlet built around a Facebook Group and corresponding website. Established in 2012, it publishes false information,[1][2][3][4][5][6] hyperpartisan content,[1][7] and clickbait.[2][6] Posts originating from the Occupy Democrats Facebook Group are among the most widely shared political content on Facebook

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/occupy-democrats/

https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/latest-links/wikipedia-bans-breitbart-occupy-democrats-fact-sources/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Democrats

B57BEB2F-8ABB-4F94-8059-3C2E9EF7D5EE.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1

I put up the meme to get your attention, but the news article contains the facts.

Edited to add:

https://news.yahoo.com/both-fox-news-russian-state-212320308.html

Vox's Aaron Rupar argued the Fox clips amounted to "rooting for Putin," something The New York Times' Ezra Klein agreed with, calling it a "really remarkable moment in what the American Right has become." Project Lincoln conservative Stuart Stevens said "If you had asked me 20+ years ago if the Republican Party was going to become the Putin Cheerleading Squad, I'd have bet more likely the sun would become a giant red star first."

Edited by deicer

Re the unsustainable notion of equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity position:

I perceive that Liberal minded adults don't like the current trajectory. Perhaps Bill (and others) are on the right track here and open ridicule is the best method of making the point...  clearly rational discussion has been a total failure.

The lesson here may be that rational discussion of irrational premises is inherently irrational, and thus a losing proposition on its own merits.