Reality

Jaydee

Liberals may now be feeling the effects of nitrogen narcosis as they probe the inky depths of buffoonery.

Rap music and the filth on offer from the likes of  Cardi B is A-OK but the Muppet Show gets a content warning. If they don't limit the depth or switch to Trimix pretty soon  this stuff will start leaving a mark.

It's not that hard, plan the dive, dive the plan... or leave the recovery effort to people who do.

Total buffoonery is equal to the sum of the individual partial pressures of buffoonery and sometimes the physical laws of the universe supersede woke delusion in decisive ways.  

The Muppet Show: Disney adds content warning 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Confused 1

At some point the DNC needs to accept the notion that progressives should be sequestered in their own life raft and set adrift. 

Just count the number of people you know who think all of this is ridiculous and then throw in some bad policy decisions for good measure, like defunding police and the self inflicted border crisis. 

Helium is expensive so forget the Trimix and just skip ahead to the midterms in 2022.... it may already be too late for thoughtful tacticians (in the DNC war room) to save a party that insists on appeasing the volcano gods with human sacrifice.

California bill would ban ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ departments in stores

Big stores in California would have to get rid of separate “boys” and “girls” departments for toys and clothes under a new bill.

Edited by Wolfhunter

It's just too easy now and my eyes are starting to bleed. Must be time for a break. 

Take a  moment and think of something stupid and rest assured it is ground already trodden by liberals. Got one? OK, I'll go first: "MILK IS RACIST." And sure enough, there apparently is a "troubling link" between milk and racism.

Iselin Gambert, an associate professor of legal research and writing at George Washington University in Washington, is co-authoring a forthcoming paper that argues milk has long been used as a symbol for and tool of white supremacy.

In the mean time, "THE CANTEEN IS NOW OPEN."

Federal stimulus checks must go to prison inmates, U.S. judge in California rules

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Iselin Gambert, an associate professor of legal research and writing at George Washington University in Washington, is co-authoring a forthcoming paper that argues milk has long been used as a symbol for and tool of white supremacy.

8DBE8723-A6C8-4611-9A58-71604B7E848C.jpeg

I was surprised at the idea that Hasbro would stop selling "Mr" and "Mrs" Potatohead figures because it would instantly cut sales in half.  Parents would buy their kid "a" Potatohead figure but if there's two different/complementary versions they will buy both.  I guess their marketing team figured this out.

8 minutes ago, seeker said:

I was surprised at the idea that Hasbro would stop selling "Mr" and "Mrs" Potatohead figures because it would instantly cut sales in half.  Parents would buy their kid "a" Potatohead figure but if there's two different/complementary versions they will buy both.  I guess their marketing team figured this out.

Or they very quickly realized Economics topped virtue signalling..

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Essential Worker.jpg

You know how to fix this?  Capitalism.

Here's an example;  four or five years ago, when the government didn't have their thumb on the oil industry, Tim Horton's workers in Fort MacMurray were earning $25/hour and getting their tuition re-imbursed by their employer as a enticement.  At the same time small businesses in Cape Breton were desperate to hire people - couldn't find them at any price.  Stop throttling the resource companies and this country could fly.  We might actually be able to afford the Liberals social agenda.

My daughter considered moving there to take a job as a swimming instructor at the community centre - pay would have been $80K/year!  A swimming instructor!

You are right!

Capitalism.

Even capitalism needs perspective as well.  

During the same time period as your Tim Hortons workers were making $25/hr, I had a friend who's son was working on a survey crew out of Fort Mac.  Was being paid $75,000/year to carry a stick and a radio in the woods.

He also lived in a trailer with 5 other guys and was paying $2000/month to sleep on a cot.

Perspective.

Maybe if the Alberta conservatives didn't give away all the royalties, it might have been different.

Edited to add:

https://albertaviews.ca/giving-oil-away/

Edited by deicer

Here's a glimpse into what the George Floyd trial has in store for the country in terms of divisiveness and the potential for violence. 

Imbedded in the video are specific pieces of information that I previously spent some time searching for but was unable to piece together.... I think that's important, I specifically went looking, and with average search skills, simply couldn't find the answers in the information age. The real question here, and one of only two points I'm trying to make is "how is that even possible?"

The second point proceeds from the first and is actually more of a concern than a point.... what if the previously unreported events leading up to his death result in the acquittal of the officers who responded? Think about the ramifications of that. When all is said and done, the reporting that surrounded this case, its accuracy, its integrity and the social effects of any political manipulation (assuming there was some), will be studied by mass media students well into the future.

If you wish, skip ahead to about 7:45 to get to the meat of what I'm referring to:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-george-floyd-death-what-media-didnt-tell-you

Edited by Wolfhunter

6 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Here's a glimpse into what the George Floyd trial has in store for the country in terms of divisiveness and the potential for violence. 

Here's another one:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-floyd-square-minneapolis-autonomous-zone-derek-chauvin-trial-rioting-defund-police

Instead of asking WDYTWGTH I'll simply pose the rhetorical "what do you think is going to happen?" The first step in treating a puncture wound with arterial bleeding to stop stabbing yourself.

There is nothing worse than hyping the fight and getting knocked out in the opening seconds of round 1. Politicians and the media played up the race card here and ignored/suppressed any and all mitigating factors as if they didn't exist.... and I went looking for them because none of this made a lot of sense to me.

Imagine the effect of a not guilty or aggravated assault conviction (with time served as the sentence). 

Edited by Wolfhunter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-rioters-draw-law-enforcement-response-near-federal-courthouse-report

There's a bit of a Canadian spin on this particular riot.

As predicted, the riots will now morph into different "cause related" stratifications. In aviation, we would likely consider the political tolerance and media support afforded the rioters as contributing factors in creating this "normalization of deviation."

I'm beginning to support the notion of zero police intervention in these events. People need to experience the consequences of their own complacency and the adverse effects that happen when The Good Idea Fairy" goes AWOL immediately after her ideas are implemented.

Ironically, once some of the long term consequences of tolerating violence, arson and property destruction in downtown corridors kicks in, it will be an inducement for people with an entirely different agenda to riot. The current rioters always have a different view of the future rioters than that which they see in the mirror; especially when the new guys show up in their neighbourhoods with gasoline and matches.

There's that easily predictable unintended consequences thing again that invariably leads to the question WDYTWGTH. 

I know that some folks think all of this will create a new (hybrid if you will) political party, and I'm rooting for them.... it's certainly the most optimistic point of view. But I've traveled more than I actually wanted to and have yet to see it in any of the vacation sites I've been to. Polarization becomes entrenched, opinions harden and a sense of tribal separation ensues... the autonomous zones are simply a protest based manifestation of that mentality and serve a warning. To divine the future, look at the actions and conduct within the zone and not the ideas behind its creation (that's what liberals do and it gets people hurt).

Edited by Wolfhunter

26 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

People need to experience the consequences of their own complacency and the adverse effects that happen when The Good Idea Fairy" goes AWOL

Tucker Carlson should be given a Medal of Valour for bravery, for standing up and speaking out against  the stupidity of the LEFT. 

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Tucker Carlson should be given a Medal of Valour for bravery, for standing up and speaking out against  the stupidity of the LEFT. 

When your employer says this about you.....

https://www.courthousenews.com/fighting-slander-suit-over-tucker-carlson-fox-calls-host-hyperbolic/

Reasonable Viewers Don’t Look to Tucker Carlson for Facts, Fox Asserts