• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't care if you are lesbian, gay, straight, bi, transgendered or whatever, just keep it to yourself.   Some kid actor who I have never heard of says he/she is transgendered and it makes

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?' The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.' She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.' The old seller replied, 'Co

Posted Images

One of the leaders of a U.S. domestic terrorist group caught...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/01/20/proud-boys-organizer-joseph-biggs-charged-jan-6-capitol-riots/4235183001/

Proud Boys organizer Joseph Biggs charged in deadly Capitol riots

A self-described organizer for the Proud Boys, an extremist group with ties to white nationalism, was charged Wednesday in connection with the deadly Capitol riots, where federal authorities said Joseph Biggs allegedly encouraged fellow extremists.

In court documents, federal prosecutors claimed that Biggs, 37, began urging fellow members in December to join the Jan. 6 demonstration in Washington.

Biggs, arrested Wednesday in Florida, is charged with three federal counts, including unlawful entry and disorderly conduct.

Irony so rich that you could serve it as dessert. So after Big Tech ramming messages down Americans' throats about the "security" and "integrity" of mail-in voting, now this comes to light

Amazon is seeking to postpone a unionization vote at a warehouse in Alabama and is asking federal labor authorities to reconsider a decision to allow mail-in voting due to the pandemic https://t.co/5pLVFQ05FJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-seeks-to-postpone-alabama-unionization-vote-11611339250?mod=e2tw

Edited by Jaydee
2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Irony so rich that you could serve it as dessert.

I think we will see (and already do) hypocrisy on full display shortly. The examples are legion and could fill a new thread. There is a "taunting" aspect to all of it as well, it plays very poorly with reconciliation and healing efforts and simply annoys people who weren't already pi$$ed off. 

IMO, most of it stems from TDS and the willingness to burn everything down simply to oust the evil orange man. The Katie Couric’s of the world simply cannot live up to the moralities they have demanded of and foisted upon others. I would normally defend her and argue that she shouldn’t have to…. but it looks good on her and it’s richly deserved.

The latest impeachment effort lowers the bar and changes the precedent for future actions all at the same time. After the midterms, if the Republicans take the house and senate guess what happens, guess how it happens, and guess the nature of Biden’s first impeachment encounter. Again, I would have argued against this insanity regardless of the incumbent because it’s bad for democracy and bad for the country. I'm gobsmacked by the fact that people want this lunacy, they're eager for it and it's done with a taunting attitude (that I find particularly offensive) instead of a commitment to democracy or the country… so go ahead, have your way with it.

Like the obvious issue with transgender women invading women's sports and grabbing all the scholarship positions, It won’t be long before I’ll be asking WTFDYTWGTH. Try and act surprised that it all happened.... and put the keyboard down fool, I'm now in full support of transgender women taking over women's sports. You were warned and you wanted it anyway, deal with it. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Like the obvious issue with transgender women invading women's sports and grabbing all the scholarship positions, It won’t be long before I’ll be asking WTFDYTWGTH. Try and act surprised that it all

Speaking of pure idiocy.... it gets even worse in Liberaland....from 2015....

Becoming disabled by choice, not chance: 'Transabled' people feel like impostors in their fully working bodies

When he cut off his right arm with a "very sharp power tool," a man who now calls himself One Hand Jason let everyone believe it was an accident.

Oh, The HumanitiesPart of a series showcasing research at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences this week.

OTTAWA — When he cut off his right arm with a “very sharp power tool,” a man who now calls himself One Hand Jason let everyone believe it was an accident.

But he had for months tried different means of cutting and crushing the limb that never quite felt like his own, training himself on first aid so he wouldn’t bleed to death, even practicing on animal parts sourced from a butcher.

“My goal was to get the job done with no hope of reconstruction or re-attachment, and I wanted some method that I could actually bring myself to do,” he told the body modification website ModBlog.

His goal was to become disabled.

People like Jason have been classified as ‘‘transabled’’ — feeling like imposters in their bodies, their arms and legs in full working order.

“We define transability as the desire or the need for a person identified as able-bodied by other people to transform his or her body to obtain a physical impairment,” says Alexandre Baril, a Quebec born academic who will present on “transability” at this week’s Congress of the Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of Ottawa.

The person could want to become deaf, blind, amputee, paraplegic. It’s a really, really strong desire.”

Researchers in Canada are trying to better understand how transabled people think and feel. Clive Baldwin, a Canada Research Chair in Narrative Studies who teaches social work at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, N.B., has interviewed 37 people worldwide who identify as transabled.

Most of them are men. About half are in Germany and Switzerland, but he knows of a few in Canada. Most crave an amputation or paralysis, though he has interviewed one person who wants his penis removed. Another wants to be blind.

Many people, like One Hand Jason, arrange “accidents” to help achieve the goal. One dropped an incredibly heavy concrete block on his legs — an attempt to injure himself so bad an amputation would be necessary. But doctors saved the leg. He limps, but it’s not the disability he wanted.

The transabled are very secretive and often keep their desires to themselves, Baldwin says. One 78-year-old man told Baldwin he’d lived with the secret for 60 years and never told his wife.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies

What a difference 24 hrs, a dose of reality and the weight of command can have eh? Take but a moment and consider what he would have said had Trump stated the very reality he has now come to embrace. deicer would need a whole new thread and would be seeking homes for the kittens he hatched on the rug.

If only those realities, based on experience, were injectable or came in pill/aerosol form. LOL, I bet the new plan will involve mask wearing, hand washing and distribution of vaccine at "warp speed." 

Had Trump made this assertion it would have been considered a lie, dereliction of duty and the abandonment of responsibility. Now it will be spun as honesty.... power speaking truth to the masses. Even a dumb grunt can anticipate the spin.

Green light...GO.

Biden says 'nothing we can do' to change pandemic 'trajectory' in coming months

Edited by Wolfhunter
11 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Like the obvious issue with transgender women invading women's sports and grabbing all the scholarship positions, It won’t be long before I’ll be asking WTFDYTWGTH. Try and act surprised that it all happened.... and put the keyboard down fool, I'm now in full support of transgender women taking over women's sports. You were warned and you wanted it anyway, deal with it. 

Unfortunately it's even worse than transgender women invading women's sport:

A transwoman who raped a female in an horrific attack has been jailed for 15 years – but could still end up in a women’s prison

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/513083-transwoman-rape-female-prison/

I dare anyone to read that article and try to argue that society hasn't gone too far down this path.

8 hours ago, seeker said:

I dare anyone to read that article and try to argue that society hasn't gone too far down this path

Careful, you will give  a certain someone who haunts these walls psychosis, leading to extreme trauma as he tries to justify it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, seeker said:

try to argue that society hasn't gone too far down this path.

I prefer to think (and hope) that much of this is the product of unintended consequence brought about by the complete inability to look around corners and anticipate outcomes.... tactical acumen if you will. You can study it I guess but experience is the real teacher.

I can't imagine anyone, of sound mind, actually advocating for the outcome in your link but there was really no other outcome possible. Thinking it was always about toilets is the domain of fools.... and dangerous fools at that.

Frankly, on an aviation forum that's frequented by people who manage risk for a living, I find myself absolutely gobsmacked as a matter of routine now. It's like an SOP.

As an aside, Democrats in the US will either have to do some backpedaling and risk being called hypocrites or face the consequences of their actions as they come to pass in the near future.

The real danger is that those consequences have long term implications that result in backlashes. The inevitable backlash then results in more draconian policies than anything required to do things right in the first place..... and by right I mean in a sensible, moderate, incremental manner. 

Pouring gas on something that actually works at 90% efficiency will almost always take you back to about 45%. The time to jump on new ideas is at 30% and rising with adequate contingency plans in place if the fates intervene with mischief. Those are 3 girls you don't want to mess with. 

I'm at a loss to propose solutions now other than compulsory military service (of some sort). People need to experience the immediate consequences that result from poorly thought out decisions and actions. My first thought after formulating a plan is WHAT CAN GO WRONG WITH IT! I used to think that aviation was a proving ground for such things but something has changed.

In the absence of military service, I would settle for people putting as much thought into outcomes as they do stupid memes, taunting responses and name calling. That won't happen though so perhaps the real solution is popcorn, scotch, a comfortable chair and a low GAS factor.

Edited by Wolfhunter

As a followup, here's the real problem and maybe a year in the wilderness with a backpack and a bow would suffice instead of military service.  

Words are violence, silence is violence, peace is war and war is peace. BUT...

Seattle Antifa rioter claims destruction of property isn't violence

"I don’t think you can be violent against a window," she told KOMO

The deployment of IEDs always represents a shift in mentality; it's the willingness to do indiscriminate harm in support of beliefs/religion/politics. At present these are simply aimed at opposite ideologies/beliefs but the danger is having them escalate to the point where they become an instrument of reprisal without any moderating constraints normally inherent (somewhere) within the competing ideologies value structure.

So, to coin a phrase, Trump lost.... enjoy it and get on the business at hand. 

Put another way, remove head from a$$ and stop this.... it's terrorism. You can put forward all the taunting replies you like, but I'm suggesting that this is not a path you want to walk. You aren't going to like it.

FBI investigates 'IED attack' at California church targeted by protesters over anti-LGBTQ views

Edited by Wolfhunter

Rudi Giuliani is now going to find out how much it will cost him for his baselessly supporting trump...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-25/rudy-giuliani-sued-by-dominion-over-election-claims

Dominion Voting Systems Sues Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 Billion

Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani was sued for $1.3 billion by the voting-machine company he and others repeatedly accused of conspiring to switch votes to favor President Joe Biden.

The complaint filed Monday by Dominion Voting Systems Inc. advances a defamation claim against Giuliani, who slammed the company’s conduct in public while declining to make fraud claims in court where he’d have to prove it.

“Although he was unwilling to make false election fraud claims about Dominion and its voting machines in a court of law because he knew those allegations are false, he and his allies manufactured and disseminated the ‘Big Lie,’ which foreseeably went viral and deceived millions of people into believing that Dominion had stolen their votes and fixed the election,” the company said in the complaint in federal court in Washington.

Dominion has previously sued Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, also seeking $1.3 billion.

The case is Dominion v. Giuliani, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Case No. 1:21-cv-00213.

No one (other than the delusional) should be surprised by this, but take a moment and read the article.... as you do, substitute the name Trump every time you see the name Biden. Then ask yourself what the media response would be after that substitution. 

Then, take a moment and check the media response for yourself.  Keep in mind that I'm not, even for a second, suggesting he is wrong.... I'm suggesting he, his supporting media and his adoring acolytes are liars and hypocrites, on par with (and IMO), equaling or exceeding the very levels Trump was routinely accused of.... and by the same people who now ignore the log in their own eye.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-coronavirus-trajectory-nothing-we-can-do-reaction

Vote on policy, not narrative.

Now, while we're at it, I bet most male soldiers have no problem sharing close confines with attractive women who self-identify as gay men. Go the legion and ask them, I'd like to see it become mandatory. Another option for male soldiers is to self-identify as a gay woman prior to the next deployment and withdraw that designation on repatriation.

Since the identification can be withdrawn at will, the Accommodation Officer has a question, can a women who identifies as a strait man share an ISO shelter with a man who identifies as a strait man.... how about if he identifies as a strait woman or a gay woman, does it matter? You will need to build a matrix to figure it out because I don't know what to tell him. 

One things for sure, spouses of deployed members will certainly appreciate the effort you put into it and will be more than happy to provide some input for consideration. 

Did you really think that the problem was toilets? Now that I'm retired, on the last day of fishing season I self identify as female and aboriginal, in the absence of lost and wayward deer (which requires a temporary relapse in the interests of legality), I return to my original biological assignment on 01 April with the beginning of a new season.... it seems an appropriate date to me.on all counts. 

Biden reverses Trump ban on transgender individuals serving in military

Edited by Wolfhunter

They walk amongst us...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88akpx/qanon-thinks-trump-will-become-president-again-on-march-4

QAnon Thinks Trump Will Become President Again on March 4

QAnon has started to merge with even more extreme conspiracy theories, including the “sovereign citizen” movement.

Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 19th president of the United States on March 4, 2021.

This is the latest conspiracy that QAnon followers have embraced in the wake of President Joe Biden’s inauguration last week, and extremist experts are worried that it highlights the way QAnon adherents are beginning to merge their beliefs — about the world being run by an elite cabal of cannibalistic satanist pedophiles —with even more extreme ideologies.

The latest claims being made by QAnon supporters echo those of the sovereign citizen movement, a group of people who believe they are not governed by the same laws as everyone else. That belief has led to violent confrontations with law enforcement have viewed them among the top domestic extremist threats facing the country.

“There was some crossover between QAnon and the sovereign citizen movement before, but I've seen sovereign citizen ideas about the United States being a ‘corporation’ become more popular within QAnon and beyond in January,” Travis View, a conspiracy theory researcher, told VICE News.

“It's concerning because it means QAnon is borrowing ideas from more-established extremism movements.”

Sovereign citizens believe that a law enacted in 1871 secretly turned the U.S. into a corporation and did away with the American government of the founding fathers. The group also believes that President Franklin D. Roosevelt sold U.S. citizens out in 1933 when he ended the gold standard and replaced it by offering citizens as collateral to a group of shadowy foreign investors.

Sovereigns use indecipherable legal filings based on arcane texts to separate themselves from the legal entities the government has supposedly created in their name in order to sell to investors.

When that doesn’t work, followers of the sovereign citizen movement have reacted violently. In May 2010, for example, a father-son team of sovereigns murdered two police officers with an assault rifle when they were pulled over on the interstate while traveling through Arkansas.

Now, QAnon followers have latched on to the theory and adapted it to suit their needs.

Over the weekend, QAnon groups on Gab and Telegram, where most QAnon supporters have found a home since they were kicked off Twitter and Parler was de-platformed, commenters have been sharing documents describing the 1871 act, claiming it proves that Trump will be sworn in on March 4. 

The source for this date is the fact that 1933 was also the year when inaugurations were changed from March 4 to Jan. 20  — to shorten the lame-duck period of outgoing presidents. QAnon followers believe that Trump will become the president of the original republic, and not the corporation that they believe the 1871 act created. 

While there was some crossover between QAnon and the sovereign citizen movement prior to Trump’s election loss, the conspiracy theory has gained a lot of traction in recent days, as QAnon followers struggled to reconcile their beliefs with Biden’s inauguration.

The crossover between the two groups was highlighted last November when Neely Blanchard, a QAnon supporter from Kentucky, was arrested on suspicion of killing Christopher Hallett, a sovereign citizen follower. Hallett was attempting to help Blanchard regain custody of her children at the time.

The claims about the U.S. being a corporation have also begun to gain traction outside the main QAnon groups.

“Can someone tell me why I’m 22 years old and I just learned that the United States is a corporation, not a country,” one TikTok user asked in a video posted over the weekend and viewed 47,000 times.

In the comments, other TikTok users repeat the lie about Trump being inaugurated on March 4.

In the wake of Biden’s inauguration, QAnon followers initially appeared despondent, lashing out that QAnon was a sham. But within days, and at the urging of the movement’s biggest influencers, QAnon followers started to come around, and begin to believe in “the plan” once again.

Maybe you should stop focusing on the QAnon wing nuts who exist on both sides and start worrying about the 74 million disenfranchised Republicans who have no representation in federal politics.

QAnon Supporters Aren’t Quite Who You Think They Are

Only a fraction of them believe the conspiracy theory’s most outlandish claims, according to new polling

“ Indeed, QAnon may have less to do with politics, or with Trump, than is generally assumed. Among survey takers who said they approve of it, 28 percent said they plan to vote for Joe Biden. Compare that to 17 percent of white Evangelicals who say the same.”

5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Maybe you should stop focusing on the QAnon wing nuts who exist on both sides and start worrying about the 74 million disenfranchised Republicans who have no representation in federal politics.

Best advice of the day and I'm rooting for you, but it's a tough sell.

People seem to enjoy that simmering, low level conflict and all of the relative privation that accompanies it.  A bit like Christmas dinner in dysfunctional families where past slights and long dead relatives are exhumed, dusted off and put to death again, and again, and again, and...

By the time the police have left, the turkey is cold and grandma wants to go back to the old folks home.... it's an hour and a half away but a nice drive, she always thinks next year will be different. 

It won't, and the post below illustrates why it won't.

The world over, opportunities are missed and their passing only noted by historians and usually long after the window has closed. As is the case at the Christmas dinner gone bad, people are usually more concerned with being right than getting it right.

When polarization approaches 50/50 though you really need to pull your head out of your a$$. When people have cause to fear election outcomes nothing good comes of it. It's bad for individuals, bad for democracy, bad for the country and serves as an inducement to the type of political violence no reasonable person wants to see, or to hear, or to smell.

Edited by Wolfhunter

The republican voters only have themselves to blame for being put in the situation they are in.

They tried to turn the republic into an empire, and it didn't work.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2021/01/25/trump-is-gone-but-republican-tricks-will-live-on/

Trump is gone but Republican tricks will live on

That Donald Trump, aided and abetted by Republican lawmakers in Congress and the states, would launch the greatest assault on our Constitution since the Civil War was shocking but not surprising. The GOP long ago abandoned its commitment to democratic norms like forbearance—the notion that those in power should act with restraint.

The list of Republican dirty tricks is lengthy. Take, for instance, the longstanding norm of American politics that the outgoing party accept the transfer of power that comes with losing an election. Although there was no constitutional barrier to prevent Wisconsin’s outgoing Republican governor Scott Walker, in consort with the state’s Republican-controlled legislature, from stripping the governor’s office of power before the incoming Democratic governor could take office in 2019, they did it. North Carolina’s Republicans pulled the same stunt when the state’s voters elected a Democratic governor in 2016.

The 1965 Voting Rights Act was designed to ensure that every citizen had the right to vote and end the voter suppression that had long darkened America’s elections. It worked until Republicans began devising schemes to keep minorities from voting. In 2017, North Dakota Republicans enacted a law that requires voters to have written proof of a residential address before they are eligible to vote. The law targeted Native Americans who live on rural tribal roads that don’t have street names and numbers. Why did Republicans do it? North Dakota’s Native Americans vote heavily Democratic and the state’s upcoming 2018 U.S. Senate race appeared to be a tossup.

The idea of disenfranchising Democratic-leaning groups was first hatched by the Republican-controlled legislatures of Indiana and Georgia. In the early 2000s, they enacted laws requiring residents to have a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, in order to register to vote. Minority group members, young adults, and people of low income—all of whom tend to vote Democratic—are less likely than white Americans to have a passport or driver’s license.

Nearly thirty states have since enacted voter ID laws and all but one did so when controlled by Republican lawmakers—thousands in all—who have claimed without evidence that the laws are needed to prevent voter fraud. The true purpose is unmistakable. As a longtime Republican political consultant said: “Of course it’s political. Why else would you do it?” Republican lawmakers in Florida and Pennsylvania slipped up and publicly said that the aim was to suppress the Democratic vote.

Although conservatives traditionally cast themselves as guardians of governing traditions and institutions, today’s Republicans pride themselves on finding ways to subvert them.  The transgressions include Senate Republicans’ refusal to hold hearings on a Supreme Court nominee, President Trump’s claim of unlimited executive privilege, the weaponization of the Justice Department, and congressional Republicans’ refusal to pass laws to protect our elections from foreign interference. Gerrymandering also belongs on the list. Although an age-old practice, Republicans have taken it to appalling levels. In Wisconsin’s 2018 election, Republican candidates received only 45 percent of the popular vote but won 63 percent of the State Assembly’ seats.

These hijinks have been endorsed by the Supreme Court’s Republican-appointed majority. They have upheld voter ID laws, allowed unrestricted gerrymandering, stripped the Voting Rights Act of its oversight requirement, upheld the wholesale purging of voter registration rolls, and even let stand the North Dakota law that disenfranchises Native Americans without a formal street address.

The problem with voter suppression is that it lengthens the memory of those who are targeted. The votes of black Americans are now all but lost to the GOP.  Asian Americans, who not that long ago sided with the Republican Party, now vote two-to one Democratic, as do Hispanics. Muslim Americans are five times more likely to vote Democratic than Republican.

Biden’s win was a victory powered by an unprecedented effort to turn out the groups that the GOP has sought to disenfranchise. If Senate Democrats were to abolish the filibuster, their opportunities for retribution would multiply. It would, for example, enable them to turn the federal judiciary on its head. Exercising the power of Congress to establish the size of the lower federal courts, Democrats could expand the number of federal judgeships and fill the seats with nominees of their party. And they would have cause for doing it. More than half of all filibusters of presidential nominees in the nation’s history were waged by Republicans during Barack Obama’s presidency to keep him from filling vacancies on the federal bench.

Democrats could even carry out their threat to enlarge the Supreme Court as payback for the seat that Republicans stole during the last year of the Obama presidency. If Democrats had not lost that seat, several recent Supreme Court rulings—including its 2019 gerrymandering decision—would have gone the other way.

Although the result would be a further deterioration of our governing norms, Democrats might have to take actions to protect our democracy from what Republicans plan to do next. With “widespread fraud” in the November election as a smokescreen, they’ve promised to curb mail-in voting and take other steps to limit ballot access. And they’re positioned to do it. They’re out of power in Washington, but the states determine most of the rules governing registration and voting. Republicans control half of the state governments and share control in half of the rest. Sadly, the lesson that Republicans took from their November defeat was that they hadn’t gone far enough in their efforts to suppress the vote.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-why-are-federal-troops-still-in-washington

When a democracy requires its own soldiers to be deployed against their countrymen, serious questions need to be asked and answered. 

There's also a lesson here for people who are addicted to memes. People OK with all of this stuff should consider standing everything on its head, they should visualize the same TTPs being used against them at some point in the future because that's very likely to happen. The taunting aspect of all this virtually assures it by creating an aura of "just you wait until next time."  That's not good....

On several fronts, Biden has squandered golden opportunities to show that his quest for unity is more than just words. These were gifts.... in their absence, I would would have considered it smart to contrive them and then solve them in the interests of a national unity and "coming together." The smartest thing he could have done is to shut down the impeachment process.... it's going to be shutdown anyway and there was much to be gained from capitalizing on the inevitable outcome.