Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Reality 2020

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

First I've heard of the term, I had to look it up. Clearly we have lost more than I thought.

adult·ing
/əˈdəltiNG,ˈaˌdəltiNG/
noun
INFORMAL
the practice of behaving in a way characteristic of a responsible adult, especially the accomplishment of mundane but necessary tasks.

Me too. .... Hard to imagine how we all survived without University Training to overcome our lack of knowledge in this area........

What is should be called is REALITY.  All the young people want to be responsible for them selves and do what they want without a parent hanging over them.  Once they get that opportunity they find out that it really isn't all its cracked up to be. Adulting (Reality) is you have to get a job, pay bills, clean the house (apartment), do the dishes etc etc etc. It's a lot of work Adulting but that's REALITY.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, Marshall said:

Hard to imagine how we all survived without University Training to overcome our lack of knowledge in this area........

It's even hard to remember a time when people didn't have their tongues hanging out in pictures. This is the second generation to benefit from helmet laws, they get to vote now too.

• Haha 1

Brexit: Boris Johnson to hail 'dawn of a new era'

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will hail the "dawn of a new era" on Friday, as the UK prepares to leave the European Union after 47 years.

In a speech to be shown at 22:00 GMT - an hour before the official departure time - he will say Brexit is "not an end but a beginning".

He will describe severing ties with the other 27 EU nations as "a moment of real national renewal and change".

Little will change immediately, as the UK begins a "transition period".

Most EU laws will continue to be in force - including the free movement of people - until the end of December, by which time the UK aims to have reached a permanent free trade agreement with the EU.

In a statement, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn urged the country not to "turn inwards" and instead "build a truly internationalist, diverse and outward-looking Britain'".

Brexit was originally scheduled for 31 March last year but was repeatedly delayed when MPs rejected a previous withdrawal agreement reached by the EU and former Prime Minister Theresa May.

Mr Johnson was able to get his own deal through Parliament after winning December's general election with a House of Commons majority of 78, on a pledge to "get Brexit done".

This brought to an end more than three years of political wrangling, following the referendum of 2016, in which 52% of voters backed leaving the EU.dia captionConfused by Brexit jargon? Reality Check unpacks the basics.

To mark Brexit, Mr Johnson will hold a cabinet meeting in Sunderland - the city which was the first to back Brexit when results were announced after the 2016 referendum - on Friday morning.

The prime minister - who led the 2016 campaign to get the UK out of the EU - will attempt to strike an optimistic, non-triumphalist note in his speech, stressing the need to bring all side together.

"The most important thing to say tonight is that this is not an end but a beginning," he will say.

"This is the moment when the dawn breaks and the curtain goes up on a new act. It is a moment of real national renewal and change."

you believe anything in a meme don't you?

The USA was founded on secular NOT Christian beliefs.  Why is God involved in the process.  If someone does not believe in God then what good is having it in the oath?

The Church does not belong in political proceedings.

18 minutes ago, boestar said:

The Church does not belong in political proceedings.

I totally agree.

Religion HAS NO PLACE IN POLITICS....Can’t say that loud enough !!! but as long as I can remember and unfortunately that’s a long time, it’s always been that way.

Cardboard trafficking gang busted by police in Madrid

onThe gang illegally shipped over 67,000 tonnes of waste worth 10 million euros (£8.4m)

A criminal gang that trafficked tonnes of stolen waste cardboard from Madrid to Asian countries has been shut down, Spanish police say.

More than 40 suspected gang members have been arrested on suspicion of environmental offences and money laundering.

The gang has been accused of illegally shipping over 67,000 tonnes of waste worth €10 million (£8.4m).

Much of the waste was stolen from council-owned recycling bins.

A waste management company based in Madrid has been organising the illegal collection of paper and cardboard since 2015, police said.

The criminal gang is estimated to have cost Madrid city council around €16 million through loss of recyclable materials.

Paper and cardboard deposited in banks is sold on to recycling plants and converted back into raw materials.

The paper and cardboard that was stolen by the gang was mixed with legally collected waste before being shipped to countries in South East Asia, mainly China, India, Indonesia and South Korea.

Image copyrightEUROPOL Image captionSpanish police said the gang has been stealing cardboard and paper from council recycling bins since 2015

Pictures released by police show a suspect with his legs dangling out of a council recycling bin as he attempts to steal the cardboard and paper

A police source told the El Pais newspaper that members of the gang sometimes "went twice in a day for the paper" in "the most juicy areas".

Of the 42 people arrested, three were Spanish nationals and most others were of Romanian origin.

Why Harley Davidson Declining Sales Are Causing Plant Closings

Apparently all the Baby-Boomers now all have their motorcycles. Generation
X is only buying a few, and the next generation isn't buying any at all.

Here are the reasons why Millennials
don't ride motorcycles: 

1.  Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat. 

2.  Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.

3.  Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving. 

4.  They don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one. 

5.  Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped. 

6  Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care. 

7.  Motorcycles don't have air conditioning. 

8.  They can't afford one because they spent 4-6 years in college trying to get  a degree in Humanities, Social Studies, Art History or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available. 

9.  They are allergic to fresh air. 

10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes. 

11. They might get their hands dirty checking the evil oil. 

12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen. 

13. You have to shift manually and use something called a clutch. 

14. It's too hard to take selfies while riding.

15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.

16. Motorcycles don't have power steering or power brakes. 

17. Their nose ring interferes with the face shield. 

18. They would have to use leg muscles to back up. 

19. When they stop, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face. 

20 It could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.

21. It might scare their therapy dog, and then the dog would need therapy. 

22. Can't get the motorcycle down the stairs to their parents' basement.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Why Harley Davidson Declining Sales Are Causing Plant Closings

My goodness, looks good on the motor company IMO… it’s one of my pet peeves with Harley and the reason I switched to Indian.

I’ve had a 1966 FL for about a thousand years (first year of the shovels) and it's a pet I would never part with. Back in the day, Harley dealerships would order aftermarket parts for you and happily do any maintenance beyond your own ability.

Fast forward to the evolution revolution (mid 80s)…. now that the beasts are reliable, everybody (and his dog) owns a Harley and business is booming. The dealerships all develop “ATTITUDE,” start selling $50 T-shirts and forget about the people who kept them in business during the lean times. If your bike is more than 10 years old they won’t talk to you anymore.

My final encounter with them was when I needed a rear tire mounted and showed up with the old tire and new one. They wouldn’t mount it for me because the bike was too old. The Honda shop happily did it while I waited.

The new (affluent) brand of Harley riders spend the off season practicing their “Harley scowl” in the mirror. If I park the shiny FL with the slab side engine they are “bros this and bros that.” Pull up on an Indian though and the same people will display the results of “scowl practice.”

I’m not alone in this BTW, ask any grey haired Indian rider why they switched. Entering any Harley dealership now causes a dangerous increase in blood pressure for most of us.    

Edited by Wolfhunter

I deal with a used dealer that specializes in Harleys and have nothing but praise for them. I would tend to agree re new dealers. Gotta be hard selling something so over priced.

I remember reading a bio about a weekend warrior that owned a high profile securities co. in Toronto....enjoyed riding a Harley and just to complete the badass image, had a ponytail sown in to the back of his helmet.....real badass!

9 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I deal with a used dealer that specializes in Harleys and have nothing but praise for them. I would tend to agree re new dealers. Gotta be hard selling something so over priced.

I do exactly the same. 

Indians are over priced too, I guess there is no escaping that aspect but at least they don't make me feel "undervalued" as a customer. I'm partial to the Springfield simply because I'm actually partial to the Road King. To keep me as a customer, all they really had to do was nothing. 

Seriously now, ask most of the older Indian guys, they fall into 2 camps; those who always wanted one (they remember when the cool guys drove 53 Chiefs) and those who have come to despise Harley for cause. I happen to fall into both camps. The Thunder  Stroke 111 is an unstoppable force BTW. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

13 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

My goodness, looks good on the motor company IMO… it’s one of my pet peeves with Harley and the reason I switched to Indian.

I’ve had a 1966 FL for about a thousand years (first year of the shovels) and it's a pet I would never part with. Back in the day, Harley dealerships would order aftermarket parts for you and happily do any maintenance beyond your own ability.

Fast forward to the evolution revolution (mid 80s)…. now that the beasts are reliable, everybody (and his dog) owns a Harley and business is booming. The dealerships all develop “ATTITUDE,” start selling $50 T-shirts and forget about the people who kept them in business during the lean times. If your bike is more than 10 years old they won’t talk to you anymore.

My final encounter with them was when I needed a rear tire mounted and showed up with the old tire and new one. They wouldn’t mount it for me because the bike was too old. The Honda shop happily did it while I waited.

The new (affluent) brand of Harley riders spend the off season practicing their “Harley scowl” in the mirror. If I park the shiny FL with the slab side engine they are “bros this and bros that.” Pull up on an Indian though and the same people will display the results of “scowl practice.”

I’m not alone in this BTW, ask any grey haired Indian rider why they switched. Entering any Harley dealership now causes a dangerous increase in blood pressure for most of us.    

Harley Davidson is a Marketing Company that sells motorcycles.  nothing more.  Ben an individual and buy a Harley JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  Lemmings.

Make no mistake, press freedom under attack

• Calgary Sun
  • 9 Feb 2020
  • CANDICE MALCOLM @CandiceMalcolm
img?regionKey=BBIOUsOiuKwOzIjGX0XN2A%3d%3dBLAIRGABLE/REUTERS STEVEN GUILBEAULT

The Trudeau government spent the better part of last week swearing up and down that they will not regulate news organizations.

And while they insist they’re not hiding a radical agenda — one that flies in the face of our fundamental freedoms enumerated in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms — their sheer cloudy vagueness should be a cause for concern to all Canadians.

It started on Sunday, when Trudeau’s Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault sat down with CTV’s Evan Solomon to discuss a Trudeau-appointed panel that made recommendations on the topic of regulating digital media on the internet.

Guilbeault told Solomon his government was putting together legislation based on the recommendations — which happen to be staggeringly Orwellian and a drastic overreach of the government’s role when it comes to a free and independent press.

The Heritage Minister discussed imposing new taxes on streaming services like Netflix and Disney and began musing about creating a government registry for media sites.

“How will this work? How are you going to regulate websites?” asks Solomon.

“If you are a distributor of content in Canada, and obviously if you are a very small media organization the requirement probably will not be the same as if you are Facebook or Google… but we would ask that they have a licence, yes.”

There you have it. The government wants to create some sort of licencing system for media organizations.

The very next morning, Guilbeault held an emergency press conference to walk it back. Except, he didn’t really walk it back.

He emphasized that the Trudeau government would not create a licencing program for the “news media.”

But he also denied saying anything wrong on CTV the night before and failed to explain what he meant when he said that media organizations should need a licence to operate.

“Our government has no intention to impose licencing requirements on news organizations, nor will we try to regulate news content,” said the minister.

Catch that? According to the minister, “news organizations” will not require a licence, but “media organizations” will.

Guilbeault once again joined CTV’s Solomon to try to clarify the situation. “What’s your definition of media?” asked Solomon.

“The important answer is not what my definition is,” responded Guilbeault.

“Who decides what a news organization is?” asked Solomon. “What falls under the category of news?”

Guilbeault failed to answer simple questions and was unable to explain the difference between “news” and “media” organizations.

“The government is not in the business of deciding that,” Guilbeault finally mustered.

But, as my colleague Anthony Furey pointed out, the Trudeau government has already interjected itself in deciding who is and who isn’t a news organization.

In the most recent federal budget, as part of their $595 million media bailout, the feds state that only “qualified

Canadian journalism organizations” will be eligible for the deal.

The fact of the matter is that Guilbeault refused to answer Solomon’s questions, and refused to define “news organization” because the Trudeau government is actively regulating the media.

First, they led the charge on the dystopian UN Compact on Migration, which had a section specifically going after a free press, and they set up a corresponding media slush fund to reward their friends and punish independent journalists.

Then, they spent $131,000 on lawyers to fight against two independent conservative media organizations — including True North, the news and research organization I run — to stop them from being considered legitimate news organizations during the recent federal election.

Most recently, they hauled author Ezra Levant before a closed-door investigation over whether he broke election laws for writing a book critical of Trudeau and releasing it during the campaign.

Trudeau may have sent out a bumbling fool to gloss over his agenda, but make no mistake about what is going on here. Trudeau is silencing critics, delegitimizing dissenting voices and attacking our freedom of the press in Canada.