The days of liberal madness are limited.

I'm not sure where they can possibly go from here. It's like a crazy hat competition with cookies as the prize, after grade 2 it stops being fun.

All this from people who need safe spaces and trigger warnings:

A summary of the act calls for the Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services to create a plan that “provides for full decarceration of federal detention facilities within 10 years” and “enacts a moratorium on all new federal prison, jail, immigrant and youth detention construction.

BLM pressures Democrats to embrace bill described as 'roadmap for prison abolition'

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?' The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.' She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.' The old seller replied, 'Co

Posted Images

“‘We need to radically reimagine our concept of justice and safety. For too long, we have addressed harm with reciprocal harm,” Cullors wrote in her op-ed

In addition, the BREATHE Act would create a commission to study reparations, give voting rights to undocumented immigrants, decriminalize all drug offenses, end cooperation with immigration authorities, pilot programs for universal basic income, among other sweeping changes. 

In making her pitch for a meeting with the forthcoming administration, Cullors said that Black people had “saved the United States.” She said that the Black Lives Matter global network had direct voter engagement with over 60 million people. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-is-the-breathe-act-squad-members-push-defund-police-reparations

U.S. corporate welfare is definitely alive and doing well...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/19/walmart-and-mcdonalds-among-top-employers-of-medicaid-and-food-stamp-beneficiaries.html

POLITICS

Walmart and McDonald’s are among top employers of Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries, report says

• Walmart and McDonald’s are among the top employers of beneficiaries of federal aid programs like Medicaid and food stamps, according to a study by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office released Wednesday.
  • The question of how much taxpayers contribute to maintaining basic living standards for employees at some of the nation’s largest low-wage companies has long been a flashpoint in the debate over minimum wage laws and the ongoing effort to unionize these sectors.
  • The report comes as Florida voted to increase its minimum wage over the next six years until it reaches $15 per hour.

There is a lesson here I think; the repetitive  nature of history is mostly due to predictable madness.  

What would politics and warfare be without predictability? At a minimum, it would be difficult for rational people to anticipate events and prepare accordingly. At worst, were it not so, I think my universe would collapse entirely. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/panic-buying-of-toilet-paper-hits-us-stores-again-with-new-pandemic-restrictions

Financial planning 101  FAIL !

" Personal Finance Survey Finds 1 In 5 Canadians Expect Debt To ‘Disappear Or Be Forgiven"

When it comes to their debts, it appears many Canadians are taking a page from Leonard Cohen, and waiting for a miracle.

In a survey of 1,500 Canadians’ financial state ahead of the holidays, more than one in five (21 per cent) said they “expect their personal debts to disappear or be forgiven.”

Credit Canada, the credit counselling agency that commissioned the Angus Reid study, called that number “shocking.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/household-debt-canada-poll_ca_5fb6b0ecc5b695be8300e856?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2IUNlSmvTGY93ccpmftBq0grq-JOhdJ7Lm1pztTxIzwbD4DYADmZ6m2Lc

37 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Financial planning 101  FAIL !

" Personal Finance Survey Finds 1 In 5 Canadians Expect Debt To ‘Disappear Or Be Forgiven"

When it comes to their debts, it appears many Canadians are taking a page from Leonard Cohen, and waiting for a miracle.

In a survey of 1,500 Canadians’ financial state ahead of the holidays, more than one in five (21 per cent) said they “expect their personal debts to disappear or be forgiven.”

Credit Canada, the credit counselling agency that commissioned the Angus Reid study, called that number “shocking.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/household-debt-canada-poll_ca_5fb6b0ecc5b695be8300e856?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2IUNlSmvTGY93ccpmftBq0grq-JOhdJ7Lm1pztTxIzwbD4DYADmZ6m2Lc

Once again, you have to roll with the tide.

Just a year ago, the government was warning that Canadians household debt was at record levels and that the economy was about to collapse.

Now one of the big banks says that Canadians are holding on to too much money and it is going to cause the economy to collapse.

Which is it?

Maybe it has to do with the way the big banks do their accounting?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/personal-finance/article-debt-leads-canadians-financial-worries-as-2020-dawns-cibc-poll/

https://financialpost.com/news/economy/canadian-households-and-businesses-sitting-on-170-billion-excess-cash-hoard-cibc

Edited by deicer

Senior Alert!! (Can’t believe I typed that).....

I was channel surfing last night and came across the American Music Awards. I have changed my music preferences over time with the usual rock and roll of the 70s/80s/90s and then with a separation/divorce became a little more mellow with Jimmy Buffet and a country bent. Never really got into the hip hop rap thang....and this was cemented with last nights offering from Megan Thee Stallion and her hit “Body”. Apparently, she collaborated with the popular Cardi B and won the Favourite Song Rap Hip Hop category for “WAP”. 
I suggest you google the videos/lyrics of the fore mentioned ditty’s. (I would post a link but am concerned about a word from the moderator). The official music video has had the lyrics altered...look for the stand alone lyric video.

If any snowflakes ever complain about the suggestive and improper sexual nature of “Baby, it’s cold outside” or BLM types complain about stereotypes and the use of the N word, please refer them to these achievements of the music industry and ask if they are still offended...

Makes you go “hhhmmm...wait a minute”.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, st27 said:

If any snowflakes ever complain about the suggestive and improper sexual nature of “Baby, it’s cold outside” or BLM types complain about stereotypes and the use of the N word, please refer them to these achievements of the music industry and ask if they are still offended...

Yikes!  Good call on not posting the lyrics. Thank you.   I had to see for myself so I went to Youtube (from a private browser tab using a VPN).  Wow.  I've seen some "stuff" on the internet but that is without a doubt the most explicit set of obscene lyrics ever.  Particularly interesting is that the video is not even protected behind an age declaration login page or warning which is Youtube's normal practice for potentially offensive material.  I guess it's not considered offensive.

30 minutes ago, seeker said:

I guess it's not considered offensive.

The people who find it offensive just aren't noisy about it.

I'm pretty sure the stratospheric level of liberal hypocrisy will be their eventual undoing though. I may be an army of one, but I just ignore these creatures now.... no longer interested in their noise and I find their complete inability to connect the dots (cause and effect) to be nothing short of entertaining. Defund away.... my emergency response time is pure $hit anyway, they can't hurt me, only themselves and that's what makes this fun to watch.   

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

In case there remains any lingering doubt, this is how and why sensible people don't care about left wing trauma anymore. This is why they role their eyes, why they shake their heads and why they ignore the noise. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/penguin-random-house-staffers-reportedly-breaking-down-crying-over-publishers-release-of-jordan-peterson-book

Pushing the outer boundaries of ridiculousness is self limiting in the sense that you can only go so far. By way of example I would offer NDP efforts to out crazy the Liberals.... it's pretty thirsty work IMO and it seems to me their only option is to jump backwards and fill the void between the conservative centre and the liberal far left. 

Continued efforts to out crazy the crazy people simply get you ignored and lead to irrelevance. In the case of the link above, I offer it simply as an example of the fact that they have driven me to the point that I'm no longer willing to even listen their objections much less consider them on the merits... I'm guessing that's not the effect they were hoping to achieve.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

Vancouver council unanimously endorses drug decriminalization, seeks federal approval

VANCOUVER — Councillors in Vancouver have voted unanimously to ask the federal government to decriminalize possession of small amounts of illicit drugs.

Mayor Kennedy Stewart put forward the motion earlier this month saying it is time to develop a "health-focused" approach to substance use and end the stigma against drug users.

In a statement issued late Wednesday after the vote, Stewart thanked groups such as the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users, which he says have pursued decriminalization for years.

In the same process used to create its first supervised injection clinic almost two decades ago, city staff will now write to federal officials, including the ministers of health and justice, seeking an exemption from the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

If approved, Stewart says Vancouver will work with the police department, Vancouver Coastal Health, community groups and people who have lived experience with drug use to determine how decriminalization should be approved.

The city's support for decriminalization came on the same day the BC Coroners Service issued a report documenting 162 illicit drug deaths across the province in October, amounting to five every day, including one daily in Vancouver.

Video: Interior Health issues overdose, fentanyl alert for Penticton (Global News)

Stewart says Vancouver is ready to again lead the way on drug policy in order to save lives.

“With more than 1,500 deaths in Vancouver since a provincial overdose emergency was declared in April 2016, and an estimated 329 overdose deaths in the City of Vancouver so far this year, 2020 is on track to be the worst year yet for overdoses and this new approach is urgently needed," Stewart says in the statement.

Dr. Patricia Daly, chief medical health officer for Vancouver Coastal Health, has said decriminalization alone won't solve the drug crisis, but will complement expanded harm reduction and treatment services, including the province's safe supply program.

Decriminalization of simple possession of illicit drugs and other measures also have the support of Premier John Horgan, provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Vancouver Police Department.

There's no indication how long the federal government might take to review Vancouver's plan once it is submitted, but Stewart has said federal Health Minister Patty Hajdu is a champion of harm reduction and has the authority to move quickly.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 26, 2020.

The Canadian Press

image.png

I tend to think that noble (dare I say Liberal) intentions stand in stark contrast with practical application efforts. To me,  it always stands as reflective of motive.

Consider the notion: a large house across the street from you is up for sale. The city gives notice that they intend to purchase it and establish a safe injection site. Are you in favour of that? If it's in front of my house does your opinion change?

You may be in favour... if so God bless you because we now have the grounds to discuss it rationally.

I'm just cynical enough to believe that it's not symptomatic of mainstream liberal thinking though. Am I wrong?

In other words, if I didn't want it on my street, deicer would call me a racist but If I forced the "good idea edict" and placed it on his street, I'd be a Republican Nazi.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Such detrimental effects from a single timezone change eh, how did I ever survive it all?

During debate on his bill, Roberts cited studies indicating negative health effects and productivity loss related to the time changes.

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ontario-passes-law-to-end-clock-changes-if-quebec-new-york-do-too

Now here's a thought, if you fly one (or more) timezones away from your point of origin you should be prohibited from renting (or driving) a car for a period of not less than 24 hours in order to recover from the trauma.... Deadheading would be a thing of the past as well, far too dangerous. What y'all think?

Silly eh?

Do it if you want, or stop it if you want; but stop snowing the Snow Queen. Take a vote via plebiscite, grow up and live with the results.

The Snow Queen already has a Biden sized headache.... give her a break.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Some excellent training in preparation for dealing with violent gang members who are shooting up the streets of Toronto. 

They need only bring the same level of diligence, force and political will to the gangs, guns and drug problems infesting the city as they do to the illicit use of BBQ sauce and the crime of cooking with charcoal. This particular BBQ venue requires a 24 hour police presence as a deterrent to brisket sandwiches. 

"After a week of deployed officers and even a dozen horses, a late development Friday was that cops were expected to stay on guard overnight, hired as a pay duty officers by the City of Toronto rather than being paid for out of the police budget.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-out-of-jail-on-bail-skellys-bbq-revolt-rolls-on

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1
On 11/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Wolfhunter said:

Such detrimental effects from a single timezone change eh, how did I ever survive it all?

During debate on his bill, Roberts cited studies indicating negative health effects and productivity loss related to the time changes.

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ontario-passes-law-to-end-clock-changes-if-quebec-new-york-do-too

Now here's a thought, if you fly one (or more) timezones away from your point of origin you should be prohibited from renting (or driving) a car for a period of not less than 24 hours in order to recover from the trauma.... Deadheading would be a thing of the past as well, far too dangerous. What y'all think?

Silly eh?

Do it if you want, or stop it if you want; but stop snowing the Snow Queen. Take a vote via plebiscite, grow up and live with the results.

The Snow Queen already has a Biden sized headache.... give her a break.

and they choose to stick us on DAYLIGHT time.  Should they not revert the time to standard time so it is actually the time it is supposed to be

7 hours ago, boestar said:

and they choose to stick us on DAYLIGHT time.  Should they not revert the time to standard time so it is actually the time it is supposed to be

Not likely.... it has to be a patchwork mess across the entire country so that no one can keep track of it. 

I have come to expect the complete inability to connect dots in virtually every endeavour now.... it's almost like they do it deliberately. 

Toronto City Council and some large Democratically controlled cities in the US are the very definition of absurdity, and seem to be proud of the effort. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

If only street gangs randomly shooting innocent people with illegal handguns got the same attention.

It seems that illicit brisket sandwiches smothered in BBQ sauce with a side of fries and a pickle is worthy of our best efforts though. 

Imagine yourself explaining this to village elders in Sudan. I would have to let deicer do the talking...

Alberta adds 700 enforcers to stop COVID-19 rule-breakers...

In other news.... law makers in Japan should seriously consider a national registry for any length of rope that exceeds 36 inches in length (it's a relatives birthday today so 36 seems like a good number):

https://www.foxnews.com/world/more-people-died-of-suicide-in-japan-in-one-month-than-the-entire-coronavirus-pandemic

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

If only street gangs randomly shooting innocent people with illegal handguns got the same attention.

It seems that illicit brisket sandwiches smothered in BBQ sauce with a side of fries and a pickle is worthy of our best efforts though. 

Imagine yourself explaining this to village elders in Sudan. I would have to let deicer do the talking...

Alberta adds 700 enforcers to stop COVID-19 rule-breakers...

I

Stop doing the apples vs oranges comparison. I am, at this time much more concerned with stopping the pandemic at home rather than outside of Canada , at least as long as we maintain some sort of border control. Self-serving, damn right. Something to be said for "Fortress Canada".  

Then do it right. Reasonable people should be able to say "I don't like this but the plan makes sense" and they would if it did.

Localized lockdown procedures affecting prescribed jurisdictions such as exist in Halifax right now without attendant travel restrictions outside the area don't make a lot of sense. In terms of border control, you can't drive across the border but you can fly and ship your car. In fact there are companies offering that very service and snowbirds have been doing that right along. I know of more people violating the 14 day isolation rules than following them and the number of politicians ignoring their own mandates are legion.

Now municipal and provincial governments are willing (at least in principle) to import 700 extra police officers to write Covid tickets. At the same time, they are also willing to disband units like TAVIS and defund entire departments which is nothing more than code for personnel reductions at the very time gangbangers are ruling the streets. 

The best way to stay safe is take responsibility for yourself.... stay home and eat apples and oranges.

Edited by Wolfhunter
4 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Then do it right. Reasonable people should be able to say "I don't like this but the plan makes sense" and they would if it did.

The best way to stay safe is take responsibility for yourself.... stay home and eat apples and oranges.

And you are?????  

image.png.5e66af188cbac7522259e120a821e660.png