RCAF News

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a pettiness in our politics that leaves us with a 24 Sussex Drive that is empty and should be either renovated or replaced, old jets when new ones would, in the long run be cheaper to operate

I have seen a long in the tooth Boeing 727 refit with modern avionics and systems simply because the aircraft was still viable and the modifications were cheaper than buing a new aircraft, spares, tra

That's not where I would like to see our Prime Minister.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Love the bent props..... of is that in illusion?

Not an illusion

Here is a simple explanation..

""The tip of a propeller blade travels faster than the hub. Therefore, it is necessary for the blade to be twisted so as to maintain a uniform angle of attack over the whole of the blade.""

40 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Not an illusion

Here is a simple explanation..

""The tip of a propeller blade travels faster than the hub. Therefore, it is necessary for the blade to be twisted so as to maintain a uniform angle of attack over the whole of the blade.""

I had seen that on the tube, but was hopping to hear from someone who was current with the technology and in particular how if any the service live of the prop was affected.