Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Ontario Wants 24hr Booze in Airports

Isn't it already too much fun with drunks showing up for their southern flights weekend mornings?  And what is the fascination with booze with this government?

https://www.680news.com/2019/10/28/ontario-proposes-letting-airport-bars-serve-alcohol-24-hours-a-day/

Ontario proposes letting airport bars serve alcohol 24 hours a day

by The Canadian Press

Posted Oct 28, 2019 4:09 pm EDT

Pearson-Travel-Passengers-Line.jpg
Passengers line up to get through security at Toronto's Pearson Airport, March 18, 2019. CITYNEWS/Bert Dandy

People in Ontario will likely soon be able to drink around the clock in airport bars, take their dogs onto patios and into breweries, and bring home as much booze as they want from other provinces.

The proposed loosened alcohol restrictions are among dozens of measures in a bill tabled today to ease red tape and regulations.

The legislation also tackles rules around trucking, mining, pensions and several other sectors.

Under the proposed law, bars and restaurants that are located after security in certain commercial airports in the province could serve alcohol all day. They are currently restricted to between 9 a.m. and 2 a.m.

As well, dogs would be allowed onto restaurant patios and could also be brought into breweries where only beverages and “low-risk, pre-packaged foods” are served.

The bill also proposes to lift limits that mean adults in Ontario can bring up to nine litres of wine, three litres of spirits and roughly three cases of beer home from another province for personal use.

I hope Doug is prepared to reimburse the airlines for the inevitable increase in unruly passenger incidents and diversions.

2 hours ago, J.O. said:

I hope Doug is prepared to reimburse the airlines for the inevitable increase in unruly passenger incidents and diversions.

The Ford "Intoxication Nation".............. :icon_jook:  :head:

Not quite 24hours but JFK for one allows liquor to be served between 8am and 3am.   MIA is following suite and of course in the more civilized UK

1. Licensing hours. UK airports don’t have any restrictions on when they can serve or sell alcohol - last time I flew out of one regional airport at 7am I was invited to “upgrade” my breakfast by adding a pint of lager for only an extra £1.50. So there could be some time limits introduced.

2. Drinking limits. Some airlines restrict passengers to two drinks in flight. That idea could be extended to the airport bar. Your boarding pass could be marked or scanned to restrict the number of drinks - though it wouldn’t take a criminal mastermind to see a way around that procedure.

And another example:

The shops after security are opened from one and a half to one hour before departure of the first flight. They only close thirty minutes before departure of the last flight. Some catering facilities are even open 24 hours a day. So, come to the airport in time and enjoy what Schiphol has to offer.

I have first hand experience which showed that the wide open hours at bars in UK airports were not always the "civilized" option, particularly when flights were delayed. When we were lucky, the contracted gate staff weeded them out. When we weren't ....

Edited by J.O.

Recently found out the bars in YYC and YEG serve beer at 5 am. 

Seems to me there is no problem.  Of all the people in the world,  I would think people on this forum should understand the concept of a 24 hour a day,  365 days a year world. 

Put your bibles away, and get a grip on reality.  What ever happened to the concept of freedom?  Why do people insist on persecuting innocent people? 

I often wonder why anybody even considers going to an airport and getting on an airplane?  Really?  My driver's license is expired,  what is it to you? Oh my passport is expired so I can't go home? 

The people who come up with this stuff have no respect for others.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tango Foxtrot said:

Put your bibles away, and get a grip on reality.  What ever happened to the concept of freedom?  Why do people insist on persecuting innocent people? 

Big +1. 

Are we a free country and civilized society or not?

I don't need the government telling me when or where or how I do anything when I'm not bothering anyone else.

And it's about time for dogs on patios! 

34 minutes ago, j.k. said:

Big +1. 

Are we a free country and civilized society or not?

I don't need the government telling me when or where or how I do anything when I'm not bothering anyone else.

And it's about time for dogs on patios! 

Lots to chose from in Calgary, not able to find any that say they are Liberal friendly though. ?

22 Pet-Friendly Patios in Calgary | Avenue Calgary

Dog Friendly Patios in Calgary - Crackmacs

https://crackmacs.ca › Category: Food and drinks in Calgaryn 6, 2019 - 30+ dog friendly patios in Calgary, including a Google Maps version of them all.

Web results

Jun 18, 2019 - Summertime in YYC just got a whole lot better! Enjoy a beer or a coffee at one of Calgary's many dog friendly patios - no need to leave Fido at ...
May 29, 2019 - Dog-friendly bars, restaurants, and patios in Calgary. Banded Peak Brewing Company. Boogie's Burgers. Booker's BBQ & Crab Shack. Caffe Beano. Cold Garden Beverage Company. Garage Sports Bar. Midtown Kitchen & Bar. Oak Tree Tavern.
There are 10 pet friendly restaurants in Calgary. Need help deciding where to eat? View pictures of each dog friendly restaurant and read reviews of other ...

Mar 25, 2019 - Here's our picks for the best dog friendly patios in Calgary! Starbucks 17th Ave. Photo via @lifewith_jackson Instagram. Midtown Kitchen & Bar. Photo via @mydogkurt Instagram. Cold Garden. Photo via @tailsofbruceandleroy Instagram. Oak Tree Tavern. Photo via @oaktreetavern Instagram. One Night Stan's.
Reviews on Dog Friendly Restaurants in Calgary, AB - OMO Teppan and Kitchen, The Village Flatbread, Half Hitch Brewing Company, Sorso Lounge, Fusion ...
May 7, 2018 - Finding a licensed, dog-friendly patio so your four-legged friend can sit beside you is hard in Calgary due to health authority rules. But, you can ...

Jun 11, 2019 - Calgary's Dog Patios, Mapped. Beauuuuutiful day yesterday, so I did what any logical Calgarian should do with a day so nice. I hit a patio.

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg