Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Voting Intentions In Federal Election ?

Voting Intentions in Canada’s Federal Election ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will you vote for ?

• Liberals
    • Conservatives
    • NDP
    • Green
    • PPC
    • Undecided
    • Libertarian
    • PQ
    • No intentions of Voting

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/22/2019 at 04:01 AM

Totally anonymous poll. Only YOU will know where you put your X.

Please Participate.

Simply trying to gauge what the Aviation community thinks about the Election.

Edited by Jaydee

So who is voting for the LEADER rather than their local MP?

The idea is that you vote for your Local MP as YOUR voice in parliament.  Voting for a specific leader is futile as all of them are idiots.

This country needs to get back to how government is supposed to work.

PLEASE give us a minority.....Any minority.

If this was 1960, I would agree with you 100%.

In 2019, Political decisions are made by a very select group at the top. Unless your candidate is one of them they are simply useful idiots to push through legislation.

Until the system changes,  imho, Canadas only hope is to vote in proper leadership. That’s why I vote for the leader rather than the local candidate. The local candidate is my UI.

"Proper Leadership"  There is no one that fits the bill running in Canadian Elections.  They are all self serving idiots.

I can't believe that any rational Canadian can look at the last four years of Trudeau's leadership and say, "yes, I want four more years of that."  It's ridiculous.

Edited by seeker
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, seeker said:

I can't believe that any rationale Canadian can look at the last four years of Trudeau's leadership and say, "yes, I want four more years of that."  It's ridiculous.

I can't believe that any rational Canadian working at an airline with contract negotiations coming up can think that the Conservative government with the likes of Lisa Raitt is the rational choice.  It's ridiculous.  

I'm with Boester, it's time for a minority government and I don't care which one gets it.  They all suck right now.  

1 hour ago, ng78 said:

I can't believe that any rational Canadian working at an airline with contract negotiations coming up can think that the Conservative government with the likes of Lisa Raitt is the rational choice.

And you think a Liberal government would do any different or that an NDP government would be a friend to the airline industry?  A Conservative government might just be Liberal-lite but at the very least Scheer won't be embarassing us on the world stage by prancing around in costume, won't be spending time at the G7 with world leaders discussing his socks or telling everyone within earshot 187 times that he's a feminist and that's enough of a reason to vote Conservative.

Edited by seeker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ng78 said:

I can't believe that any rational Canadian working at an airline with contract negotiations coming up can think that the Conservative government with the likes of Lisa Raitt is the rational choice.  It's ridiculous.  

I'm with Boester, it's time for a minority government and I don't care which one gets it.  They all suck right now.  

I hear you.

But a minority government, any minority government, will likely lead to the Trans Mountain Pipeline construction ending for the entirety of the mandate.  Possibly kill it forever.

How many Billions did we spend on a paper weight if the NDP or Greens prop up a minority?

The anger from the West is already on simmer.

Families can only hang on so long.

Alberta insolvencies increasing.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5377831/alberta-debt-insolvency-taboo/

Edited by Turbofan
  • Thanks 1

Look at all the comments.  Each one is a single issue comment.  Socks, Pipeline, Guns, immigration, etc.  Everyone has their one "Thing"   You need to look at the bigger picture.

I will get to keep my gun but may lose my job.  Maybe I keep my job but lose my house.

All things need to be taken as a whole.  What party offers the best overall deal?  sometimes good comes with bad.

Living in Alberta it is hard not to be single issue, what remains of the Alberta energy industry will probably have to be nationalized if the status quo persists another four years.

You can see capital, skill and infrastructure is leaving Alberta in real time. All those big freighters flying into YEG are taking oil and gas equipment purchased for pennies on the dollar to other parts of the world.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Super 80 said:

Living in Alberta it is hard not to be single issue, what remains of the Alberta energy industry will probably have to be nationalized if the status quo persists another four years.

You can see capital, skill and infrastructure is leaving Alberta in real time. All those big freighters flying into YEG are taking oil and gas equipment purchased for pennies on the dollar to other parts of the world.

Honest question, is the situation in Alberta more to do with the price of oil being too low for it to be profitable, or is it due to government policy?  And if it is government policy, did the Liberals do that much damage in the last four years or were there underlying issues while Harper was in power?

The price of oil isn't historically low. Alberta's problem is simple and painful. Producers can't realize a return on investment because they can't get new production to market. That is exclusively the fault of political forces and foreign funded legal campaigns.

For Alberta to thrive there has to be ongoing investment, for there to be investment there has to be some realistic prospect of pipelines getting built.

2 minutes ago, Super 80 said:

The price of oil isn't historically low. Alberta's problem is simple and painful. Producers can't realize a return on investment because they can't get new production to market. That is exclusively the fault of political forces and foreign funded legal campaigns.

For Alberta to thrive there has to be ongoing investment, for there to be investment there has to be some realistic prospect of pipelines getting built.

I have read numerous times that $60/barrel is the break-even point for our oil, however true that may be.  Having said that, your response aligns with what I've been thinking too, lack of investment in infrastructure and political/environmental pressures.  It would be nice to see progress for everybody's sake.  

2 minutes ago, ng78 said:

I have read numerous times that $60/barrel is the break-even point for our oil, however true that may be.  Having said that, your response aligns with what I've been thinking too, lack of investment in infrastructure and political/environmental pressures.  It would be nice to see progress for everybody's sake.  

So, which party gives us the best chance of getting that investment?  You'll notice I didn't ask "which party will guarantee the investment?" because nothing is guaranteed, just which party gives us the most hope?

The tech advancements in horizontal fracking has drastically reduced input costs in recent years.  I'm not sure $60/B is even an accurate number anymore.

If you can't get it to market the value is zero.  If the value is zero no one will invest.  If the choke point that the environmentalist want to continue, does Infact continue, the industry will get choked to death.

Of course this is exactly what some want.  A minority government will likely mean the choke hold stays in place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeker said:

So, which party gives us the best chance of getting that investment?  You'll notice I didn't ask "which party will guarantee the investment?" because nothing is guaranteed, just which party gives us the most hope?

In fairness the Liberals have put effort into this matter, although the results are yet to be seen.  There isn't a clear answer I'm afraid.  

Oil companies will render more and more of my home province unemployed as they deploy their capital elsewhere. I certainly can't fault them for that, we have gone insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tango Foxtrot said:

We have to vote the way we are told, or the oil companies will render us all unemployed? 

I don’t think anyone is telling us how to vote, but we certainly do have a choice to make. Canada’s future is at stake here. Pacifism just won’t cut it any more.

We also can’t fall into the expectation then that we as Canadians expect companies to operate at a loss. They have shareholders to answer to and shareholders are usually people just like you & I. If not directly, then probably through our pension plans....and believe me, we NEED solvent  pension plans with healthy balance sheets or you will be asked to take a cut at a time when you can least afford it.

If you are not retired yet, you probably won’t appreciate the gravity of a secure pension.

Edited by Jaydee

Something definitely different happening in this election. 

Case in point....where I live Conservative signs now outnumber Liberals at least 20 - 1, yet when I go on 338canada.com and look up my district it says it’s a toss up between the two....and this riding went Liberal last election, Cabinet minister to boot. Liberals have done either (1) been told to keep it quite or (2) too ashamed to admit they are a Liberal, or (3) a badly run campaign by the Liberal candidate or (4) they have switched to another party.

Going to be an interesting Election Day to say the least.

One thing I can say for sure, the NDP is totally collapsing under Singh. My guess another leadership contest after the election.

Greens doing very poorly in this riding. 

Edited by Jaydee