Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

and then there is vaping

Nicotine was on it's way out and then:

Vaping deaths: 'A new generation of nicotine addicts'

Doctors in the US are warning people not to use e-cigarettes as they investigate a number of deaths linked to vaping.

But health experts also say there's a long-term addiction crisis because so many American teenagers are already hooked on nicotine.

Produced by the BBC's Chelsea Bailey, Roderick Macleod, Franz Strasser and Caché McClay

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-49670319/vaping-deaths-a-new-generation-of-nicotine-addicts

20 hours ago, Marshall said:

Nicotine was on it's way out and then:

Nothing short of amazing. It doesn't even merit inclusion in the WTFDYTWGTH file. The next step down from there (in my world) is the "no other possible outcome" category. One step lower and we come to the "I know what let's do" column... this is that IMO.

The real question here is why we never learn from experience and I'm of the opinion that most people never experience the immediate effect of immediate consequences in their lives. The law of immediate consequences takes new recruits a couple of weeks to assimilate but once they got it, they got it for life. If you are a SIT grad or QFI it used to be called the "law of intensity" (remember?). 

The proposed solution here (get ready now) is to ban the flavoured stuff and leave the regular tobacco taste. These are the same people in charge of fixing gangs and guns BTW. Their failure in this regard will elevate the endeavour to "no other possible outcome."

• Like 1