Coffee Spill

st27

I guess it was only a matter of time....my old company had a procedure for passing liquids on the outboard side of the cockpit....looks like an example for ART:

The 49-year-old pilot, who has over 13,000 hours of flying experience, had been given a cup of coffee without a lid by cabin crew and accidentally knocked it over as the plane was flying over the North Atlantic Ocean, carrying 11 crew and 326 passengers.
Some of the liquid spilled onto the audio control panel, which became very hot and produced smoke and a burning smell. The damage caused "significant communication difficulty for the flight crew," and forced them to wear oxygen masks, the report said.
The equipment became so hot that one of the buttons on the control panel began to melt, which prompted the pilot to divert.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/plane-diverted-coffee-spill-intl-scli/index.html

"The 49-year-old pilot, who has over 13,000 hours of flying experience"

Perhaps.... unless pilots have a certain number of flying hours, they should not be served hot beverages....I mean that statement is really an eye opener and is good food for thought.......Now using a lid on the cup of hot beverage may not help as I have seen many people spill their beverage attempting to get the "snapped on " lid off.

I thought "some" of the guys I flew with should have been drinking their beverages with a "soother"...........but I never said that out loud.Smiley With Big Smile Smiley Face, Emoticon

Have a nice weekend.

Archived