Election campaign aircraft

conehead

7 hours ago, Fido said:

It is a nice irony that it was the Left Wing that got hit.

the real irony is this, both AC and  AT have revised their schedules due to the 737Max issue but both have found room to rent out aircraft to the Conservatives and the Liberals. I wonder how many sked flights may have been flown instead?  AC backed their bet up with 

h2>APPLICATION</h2> <p>Air Canada, on behalf of itself and Omni, has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for an approval to permit Air Canada to provide its scheduled international service between Canada and the United States of America using aircraft with flight crew provided by Omni, from September 3, 2019, to October 27, 2019.</p>

AT I guess had some spare aircraft and even managed to sub in one for the plane damaged in YYJ.  

16 hours ago, Marshall said:

the real irony is this, both AC and  AT have revised their schedules due to the 737Max issue but both have found room to rent out aircraft to the Conservatives and the Liberals. I wonder how many sked flights may have been flown instead?  AC backed their bet up with 

AT I guess had some spare aircraft and even managed to sub in one for the plane damaged in YYJ.  

What a ridiculous statement. The summer is over, flying schedules being reduced as they head towards the winter sked.

2 hours ago, AIP said:

What a ridiculous statement. The summer is over, flying schedules being reduced as they head towards the winter sked.

Yet airlines are cutting back their planned skeds based on the absence of their MAX aircraft.  Some are even renting uplift during the same time as the election campaign.  Mind you I have happy that the Conservatives are using AC.  ?   https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/node/568805

36 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Yet airlines are cutting back their planned skeds based on the absence of their MAX aircraft.  Some are even renting uplift during the same time as the election campaign.  Mind you I have happy that the Conservatives are using AC.  ?   https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/node/568805

I would think with the shorter campaign this time - and everyone knowing the date of the vote – that maintenance schedules can be safely juggled if necessary to free up an aircraft for chartering. Also, AC will be flying NHL teams again, and the hockey schedule doesn't get intense until mid-October.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, Marshall said:

No MAXs at AT...

Omni has been flying AC lift for a few months now.  Wide body aircraft not MAX traffic.  Jazz is flying a lot more hours than contracted to help keep up as I am sure Sky Regional is as well.

The Max Absence is having a large impact on the schedule both now and in the winter sked.  However giving up a single tail for a charter will not significantly add to that issue

Archived