Sign in to follow this  
dagger

AC challenges ONEX takeover of WS on foreign ownership loophole

If Westjet ever gains some slots at LHR, it won’t be because AC forfeited any. That’s just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

On 9/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, vanishing point said:

Memory is good, Innuendo.  I remember flying to Gatwick on Canadian back in the 90’s.  Much easier than Heathrow.

I'm sorry but is it agreed that Canadian Airlines operated into LHR? I remember a GREAT Xmas and New Years in 1999/2000 in London and I'm pretty damn sure we were on a crew bus from LHR!!!

FWIW, airliners.net  has a pile of pics of CAI aircraft arr/dep LHR with a date range of 1994-2000

48703518981_bc3a53d55a_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

LGW is the better airport anyway.  Why anyone Would WANT to fly to LHR is beyond me.  I do because its my only choice but Gatwick would be my choice to London every time if it was an option for me.

now if you are connecting internationally then LHR is a must. 

On 9/7/2019 at 5:21 PM, MD2 said:

I understand that with so many open (and secret) admirers (more added after your recent hiring spree) anything else may appear as "hatred". But no, just keeping a level playing field. 

And that is why, speaking to the discussion at hand, if Air Canada wants to take over another airline, it will have to make some hard choices, including giving up some things. When the dust settles, there will likely be other Canadian carrier(s) serving LHR and beyond.

Not even one-tenth of what you say. You're being ridiculous.