"The Air Canada Fleet - 2019 and Beyond

With the MAC unlikely to fly before the end of the year, someone operating the aircraft already is going to declare Force Majeure on their remaining order, sue Boeing for $1 billion or more, do a deal with Airbus whereby Airbus eventually remarkets their MAX aircraft. 

1 hour ago, dagger said:

With the MAC unlikely to fly before the end of the year, someone operating the aircraft already is going to declare Force Majeure on their remaining order, sue Boeing for $1 billion or more, do a deal with Airbus whereby Airbus eventually remarkets their MAX aircraft. 

If I'm making such decisions for Airbus, I'm not touching that deal with a 10 ft pole.

1 hour ago, dagger said:

The latest around the water cooler is that:

a) AT will become the new "Rouge" once the purchase is done and the current Rouge aircraft will be rolled back into mainline to preserve ratios etc;

b) NEO's will go to ML with an additional order to Airbus to renew the ML NB fleet to all Airbus and also a WB order to replace the 767's;

c) AT will consist of MAX and 330's until the MAX can be replaced;

Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Say Altitude said:

The latest around the water cooler is that:

a) AT will become the new "Rouge" once the purchase is done and the current Rouge aircraft will be rolled back into mainline to preserve ratios etc;

b) NEO's will go to ML with an additional order to Airbus to renew the ML NB fleet to all Airbus and also a WB order to replace the 767's;

c) AT will consist of MAX and 330's until the MAX can be replaced;

Thoughts?

It's hard for me to assess Part c) in particular, but I do wonder who would make a better candidate to launch an A220-500 than AC.

Archived