Asleep on a plane

runaway

couple of issues with the story...

1. 1.5 hours into the flight she fell asleep.  The flight is 50 minutes

2. Walkie talkie in the cockpit.  Never seen one on any of the planes unless maintenance or tow crew left it behind.  doubtful

3. Grooming staff missed he sleeping in a row.  doubtful

4. Flight attendant missed he on th efinal walk through. Doubtful

too many inconsistencies in the story.

couple of issues with the story...

1. 1.5 hours into the flight she fell asleep. 
" I fell asleep probably less than halfway through my short 1.5 hour flight."

The flight is 50 minutes
Gate to Gate - 1hr 33min
Flight Duration - 1hr 19min

2. Walkie talkie in the cockpit.  Never seen one on any of the planes unless maintenance or tow crew left it behind.  doubtful
A319 flight deck have a handheld mic that might be described by the technically unsavvy as a 'walky-talky thingy'?

3/4. Grooming/Inflight staff/ missed her sleeping in a row.  doubtful.
Downright inconceivable

too many inconsistencies in the story.

'Scariest time of my life': Another woman left alone on empty Air Canada plane

CTVNews.ca Staff, with a report from CTV Kitchener's Heather Senoran 
Published Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:46PM EDT 

Just days after news broke of a woman being left alone on board an Air Canada flight, another woman has come forward with a similar experience.

Pamela Prescod, a 69-year-old woman from Guelph, Ont. who is visually impaired and has several other health issues, landed at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport on April 6 following a three-month vacation in Barbados.

PHOTOS

Pamela Prescod

Pamela Prescod said she was left alone on an Air Canada flight.

She needed help filling out the customs forms and required a wheelchair to leave the Air Canada Rouge aircraft, so she says the crew on-board told her to wait in her seat and they would come back to help.

The staff never returned.

“(I was) scared because I have all these health issues,” she told CTV News Kitchener. “I didn’t even have a cell phone to call for help.”

“The scariest time of my life was there.”

Prescod said she sat there for an about an hour until a maintenance worker noticed her. She said the mechanic told her had he not been there, she might have been stuck in the plane for several hours until a cleaning crew arrived.

In a statement to CTV News, Air Canada blamed “a miscommunication among crew” for the incident and adds that video shows Prescod was alone in the aircraft for 10 to 15 minutes.

“Following this incident, we undertook to review our protocols with respect to on-board service,” Air Canada wrote in the statement. “This involves reinforcing our procedures by more specifically designating responsibilities among crew members to ensure consistent and proper care and handling of all customers, especially those with special needs.”

Air Canada has issued Prescod an apology and refunded her the cost of her ticket. They also offered her a $500 voucher for future travel.

“I don’t think a plane ticket is good enough,” Prescod said. “I was traumatized.”

Michell Knight, one of Prescod’s daughters, came to pick her mother up that day and said the whole ordeal was worrying to say the least.

“She’s the only mom I have and if something were to happen to her, that’s a hard loss,” she said.

Prescod’s story comes just days after Tiffani O’Brien came forward with a similar experience with Air Canada. During a flight from Quebec City to Toronto earlier this month, O’Brien said she was left on the plane after falling asleep.

In this case, O’Brien said the plane had moved off the loading dock and had been parked with all its lights turned off. She was eventually spotted by crew members on the ground.

“How could it happen twice in three months if they’re taking the necessary precautions?” said Prescod’s other daughter Debbie Louttet.

“How many more have Air Canada just left? How many more times have they dropped the ball?”

Knight added that she expects these two incidents to be a wake-up call for Air Canada.

“I hope Air Canada realizes they have a commitment to their clients and a responsibility that we are safe, and I hope they do have to face public accountability,” she said.

Prescod’s daughters said that moving forward, they will no longer let their mother travel alone.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/scariest-time-of-my-life-another-woman-left-alone-on-empty-air-canada-plane-1.4484381?fbclid=IwAR2uAqFATm2YOoeVLNfncjzqyUWtI_kvUMtqpiOE7FmhBW3yKw9ElURataI

• 2 weeks later...

These comments and personal attacks on this lady is uncalled for, especially from so called "informed professionals"!

Clearly she is no millennial as someone suggested, rather a very seasoned individual and regardless of how "unexciting" her life registers on others' excitometer, she did not deserve to be abandoned on board by crew, groomers and other airline staff. Even if she purposely tried to "hide" on board, there should be checks and procedures in place to ensure all passengers' (or "customers'" as Air Canada legal has decided to say) safety. 

She’s not the millennial. The entire cabin crew probably was and couldn’t get off the plane fast enough to get a wifi signal and check their Facebook, Instagram, Email, Twitter, Nest settings......

OK so the F/A's for get her.  ok it could happen.

The plane was moved from the gate obviously so the Tow crew and her missed each other?  Maybe but not likely at that point.

lots and lots of holes

9 hours ago, blues deville said:

She’s not the millennial. The entire cabin crew probably was and couldn’t get off the plane fast enough to get a wifi signal and check their Facebook, Instagram, Email, Twitter, Nest settings......

Preceded no doubt by the flight crew with the same agenda...or perhaps rushing for a commute? And whose plane is it? Or only when the doors close. Seriously, at what point is there some acknowledgement that the passenger has SOME responsibility for their own welfare.

The young boy boarded on a flight to Germany instead of Sweden ( United and SAS) was sufficiently aware to alert crew to the fact he was on the wrong flight.

The elderly woman left on the aircraft for 15 minutes is a different issue. Clearly, in that case there was a miscommunication but an obvious duty given the known limitations of the pax.

Perhaps I'm simply jealous of any individual who is able to sleep throughout descent; landing ( with announcements),; taxiing ( don't forget your personal belongings); deplaning; and then tug pushback for the ride to the sheds.

Lord....wouldn't it be nice to sleep so soundly....without any aids?

Archived