Jump to content

Thorough article on MH370


Recommended Posts

Interesting article. The Atlantic needs to interview some of the former MAL 777 pilots who all lost their jobs when Malaysian scrapped that fleet. 

In 2017 I had a conversation with the MAL pilot who was duty Captain on the night of this aircraft’s disappearance. He said he didn’t leave KUL operations for two days. 

He mentioned the airline had a history of issues with servicing 777 flight deck/crew O2 bottles which are located on the electronic equipment rack below the flight deck. 

His argument with regards to the loss of crew O2/bottle valve damage/depressurization of the cabin was the most reasonable explanation I’ve heard about this mystery flight. 

The left turn the aircraft made after comm was lost aligned the aircraft perfectly to Penang which would have been well known to the veteran MAL Captain on MH370. 

No crew O2 and limited passenger oxygen would make for a ghost ship flight until it ran out of fuel somewhere over the Indian Ocean. 

20D4636D-DCD5-446A-8816-4D01DA1A5D0B.jpeg

5E304983-C9A0-4BFD-83A7-4B00EC2EB3C1.jpeg

Edited by blues deville
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, blues deville said:

Interesting article. The Atlantic needs to interview some of the former MAL 777 pilots who all lost their jobs when Malaysian scrapped that fleet. 

In 2017 I had a conversation with the MAL pilot who was duty Captain on the night of this aircraft’s disappearance. He said he didn’t leave KUL operations for two days. 

He mentioned the airline had a history of issues with servicing 777 flight deck/crew O2 bottles which are located on the electronic equipment rack below the flight deck. 

His argument with regards to the loss of crew O2/bottle valve damage/depressurization of the cabin was the most reasonable explanation I’ve heard about this mystery flight. 

The left turn the aircraft made after comm was lost aligned the aircraft perfectly to Penang which would have been well known to the veteran MAL Captain on MH370. 

No crew O2 and limited passenger oxygen would make for a ghost ship flight until it ran out of fuel somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

I have heard much the same opinion expressed, combined with if whoever was flying the plane wanted to disappear turning the other way would have put them out of radar coverage much sooner while the flight as flown had a high risk of being intercepted by the Indonesians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2019 at 3:21 PM, Super 80 said:

I have heard much the same opinion expressed, combined with if whoever was flying the plane wanted to disappear turning the other way would have put them out of radar coverage much sooner while the flight as flown had a high risk of being intercepted by the Indonesians.

I’ve a had several discussions about this mystery with a few former MAL 777 pilots. One had a very convincing argument about the captain’s possible state of mind before this flight. Others have dismissed that theory with other more interesting tales of espionage and covert operations involving high tech military equipment being transported to Beijing. Probably the most interesting and the best movie version of this mystery.

In my opinion the most believable explanation is the loss of cabin pressure with no crew O2 available to the pilots. As previously posted the left turn back over Malaysia aligned the aircraft with Penang which to me is the only reason you would return and fly over your home country. If the Captain was hijacking his own plane he would surely know the aircraft’s position would be detected at some point. Other than perhaps a select group of military trained pilots, how would you know exactly what altitude to fly avoiding radar contact? Pilots regularly hear the phrase “Radar coverage is lost, continue now with position reports to .....” but I don’t think anyone really gives it a lot of thought.

Of course this is entirely my own opinion and I could be completely wrong. 

 

Edited by blues deville
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea what happened, but the Indian pilot who expressed that opinion to me believes that any pilot as experienced in that region as Shah would know that the Indonesians do intercept wayward commercial aircraft with some regularity and he would not have sought to disappear by traversing airspace patrolled by Indonesian F-16s.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Super 80 said:

I have no idea what happened, but the Indian pilot who expressed that opinion to me believes that any pilot as experienced in that region as Shah would know that the Indonesians do intercept wayward commercial aircraft with some regularity and he would not have sought to disappear by traversing airspace patrolled by Indonesian F-16s.

My argument against this being a suicide flight is why would you wait until you ran out of fuel? Two hours flying into the Indian Ocean would put you well out of radar coverage and other traffic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blues deville said:

My argument against this being a suicide flight is why would you wait until you ran out of fuel? Two hours flying into the Indian Ocean would put you well out of radar coverage and other traffic.

And also of course why would you care.  If suicide then no need to wait very long after taking control of the cockpit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

And also of course why would you care.  If suicide then no need to wait very long after taking control of the cockpit.

Exactly. I think that and probably many other reasons rule out this being a suicide flight. If every airline pilot going through a divorce decided to end it this way we might shut down the industry. Forget about the Max. 

Edited by blues deville
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...