YUL Noise

These class action suits about airport and airplane noise drive me crazy. Hard to believe that in 2019  people buy homes in the Dorval  area and fail to notice there are planes flying around. But that’s only been since 1941.

It is now the third busiest airport in Canada by passenger traffic. Before the Mirabel experiment it was just as busy with the same international flights it hosts today with much noisier vintage of aircraft. Having lived in Pointe Claire (West Island) in my youth during the 60’ and 70’s, I am very familiar the arrival and departure paths of runways 06L/R which is mostly over water and the 24’s which is mainly industrial an area.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/5327207/residents-montreal-west-island-lawsuit-trudeau-airport/?utm_source=skies-daily-news-news-from-the-web&utm_campaign=skies-daily-news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news-news-from-the-web&utm_content=V1

2195CA97-A107-4A3B-8DED-72D8BDA4B414.jpeg

10 hours ago, st27 said:

If the BAC 111 was still flying, they might have something to complain about.

After the DC8 with RR Conways, the BAC111 was the most efficient non military way to convert jet fuel to noise!

The one guy in the video "they were supposed to be in Mirabel"  

How many years ago was that?  

I laugh at this becasue in YYZ its the same thing.  One subdivision, when being built, had Signs EVERYWHERE stating Aircraft noise warning.  People still bought then proceeded to complain.

You don't like aircraft noise the don't live near an airport.  Pretty simple really.

We have a group in my are that is rallying against YYZ for aircraft noise.  I live directly under the path that would be where the downwind turn to base for 05 would be.  On those days when that runway is in use (frequently) I get aircraft at a rate of one a minute or more.  I am not sure of the altitude but I would guess 4000' give or take.  I havfe lived in this area for the better part of my life.  The noise has NEVER bothered me.

23 hours ago, boestar said:

The one guy in the video "they were supposed to be in Mirabel"  

How many years ago was that?  

I laugh at this becasue in YYZ its the same thing.  One subdivision, when being built, had Signs EVERYWHERE stating Aircraft noise warning.  People still bought then proceeded to complain.

You don't like aircraft noise the don't live near an airport.  Pretty simple really.

We have a group in my are that is rallying against YYZ for aircraft noise.  I live directly under the path that would be where the downwind turn to base for 05 would be.  On those days when that runway is in use (frequently) I get aircraft at a rate of one a minute or more.  I am not sure of the altitude but I would guess 4000' give or take.  I havfe lived in this area for the better part of my life.  The noise has NEVER bothered me.

Hafta agree!

I have lived in thy YYZ area for a long, long time and I must say that even with the biggest heavies going off nowadays, the noise at any location is nothing like what it was when we were launching 707's, DC8's, DC9's, and the early 747's with their distinctive buzzsaw sound.  The only time it really drew your attention was when it was a BAC 111, or if the Concorde was in on a visit or the airshow with those old really awesome noisemakers! (My two faves for making the ground shake were the Vulcan followed closely by pairs of F-4 Phantoms taking off!)

Even having said that, I agree that this is just an attempt at a cash grab.  How many rail lines are through the GTA, and trains run 24/7 yet you never hear of lawsuits against VIA, CN, or CP like you hear about airports?

15 minutes ago, Tango Foxtrot said:

Did you read the reader's comments after the article?  Holy.

Indeed. Comment forums are bringing out the absolute worst in humanity - or at the very least, giving it a voice it doesn't deserve.

Archived