Woman flies ultralight aircraft across Atlantic

58 minutes ago, seeker said:

Sure, but what happened to the other thread?  I spent lots of time posting my thoughts on the topic and it appears to have been deleted.....

I tried using the moderator button that we all have access to and somehow deleted the topic. But I know you have lots of time to post so, please feel free to do so again. ? Remember, my original post was to highlight her accomplishment, not to demean it. ?

25 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I tried using the moderator button that we all have access to and somehow deleted the topic. But I know you have lots of time to post so, please feel free to do so again. ? Remember, my original post was to highlight her accomplishment, not to demain it. ?

When in doubt about modifying a thread title, I would suggest you wait for a Moderator or ask for help from members. You took out other members posts without seeking their help or asking if they minded. Had you asked them, they could have "copied" their posts prior to you deleting the entire thread and then reposted ("paste").:Nodding:

PS....I think you mean "demean" vs demain?

21 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

When in doubt about modifying a thread title, I would suggest you wait for a Moderator or ask for help from members. You took out other members posts without seeking their help or asking if they minded. Had you asked them, they could have "copied" their posts prior to you deleting the entire thread and then reposted ("paste").:Nodding:

PS....I think you mean "demean" vs demain?

quite right I did and will adjust that. As far as seeing the permission of others to delete a post that I started, I will do so when they seek my permission to change the direction of my post, until then, just like our government I will do what I think best. So if that offends other members, then I will not be slighted if no one responds to any of my few, new posts or votes me off the island. Cheers

53 minutes ago, seeker said:

First of all - it's not about needing "permission" from others to delete a post, it's about respecting the time and effort that others (me, for example) put into responding.  Although you have the ability to delete a thread you have started to do so without extreme cause is not following established norms.  Profanity, personal attacks, doxxing, etc would be cause to delete or sanction but simply because the path the thread follows is not the one in your fantasy is not a good enough reason.  Furthermore, it's not demeaning to comment on this woman's stated reason for her 'round the world trip rather than do a little cheerleader dance at hearing about it.

Please feel free to ignore any of my future posts.   Thanks for your thoughts.

We all need to lighten up here. I believe this was an accidental thread delete while editing. I think if you have a lot of extra time to spend on AEF I have a freshly sanded deck which needs staining. All beverages are on me. ?

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Hah!  I'll post when and where I choose (as appropriate).  HAGD. 

Thanks, I always do and I hope your days are as good as mine. Off to prepare my garden for planting. 

AEF is my go to sight to find out information on events concerning aviation. I'm now long retired from a profession which I loved and this site keeps me in touch with that profession. Moderating is a largely thankless job and maybe this thread should be about showing that we are thankful for the job that is being done even if once every few years an inadvertent mistake is made.

Greg

21 minutes ago, GDR said:

AEF is my go to sight to find out information on events concerning aviation. I'm now long retired from a profession which I loved and this site keeps me in touch with that profession. Moderating is a largely thankless job and maybe this thread should be about showing that we are thankful for the job that is being done even if once every few years an inadvertent mistake is made.

Greg

Well said. ?

Archived