Fender “Boeing Jet” Stratocaster

Quite a bit of "green" to purchase...

Fender Boeing Jet Green Stratocaster Guitar

Item No. "667066010600"

no reviews

$4,500.00

Product Details

In 1954, the Boeing 707 jetliner made its first flight, revolutionizing commercial air travel. The same year, the Fender Stratocaster solid-body guitar was introduced and quickly became the preferred instrument for musicians around the world. Boeing and Fender have joined forces to create a limited-edition series of guitars honoring their iconic achievements. The Boeing Jet Green Stratocaster is a contemporary-style guitar with an alder body and green satin finish. The pick guard, derived from materials used in the fuselage of a 747 jumbo jet, has a protective green zinc chromate finish. Because this authentic material is distressed from use, no two guitars look exactly the same. This fine instrument features a natural maple ’60s oval C neck, locking tuners, and a modern tremolo bridge for a sleek look and incredible sound. The guitar comes with a deluxe hard-shell case, strap, and certificate of authenticity. Made in USA. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

44 minutes ago, J.O. said:

I'm having trouble figuring out why it's a "Boeing" Strat, unless the colour is supposed to represent an unpainted airframe.

That’s it. Zinc chromate green and apparently metal from a 707. Least favorite color for me....

3 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Very misleading and disappointing thread title ..................4314.gif

I thought that perhaps Boeing was venturing into an area of knowledge that I was very familiar with....

ScreenShot002.jpg.0eb8e368daed796d36e2862fb66c50e7.jpg

Thread title adjusted to avoid further disappointment.

For Kip

“What do you call a guy/gal who hangs around with musicians?”

The drummer. ?

A teenager gets a bass guitar and a month of lessons for his birthday

After he comes home from his first lesson, his mother asks:

“What did you learn in your first lesson?”

“I learned all the notes on the E string!”

The next week he comes home and mom asks:

“What did you learn this week?”

“I learned all the notes on the A string!”>
After the third week the son returns home rather late and his mother asks again:

“What did you learn this week?”

“I couldn’t make it, I had a gig”

Members of the E and A string club have corrected me many times and prefer ‘Electric Bass or just ‘Bass’. Not sure why they are so touchy about their  mostly four stringed instruments. 

Our band was becoming popular back when the earth was cooling.....we sent a tape to Decca Records in NY....tape .returned with a comment that stated "seeing you are not members of the American Musicians Union, we have not listened to your tape...good luck"

So we sent the tape to Liberty Records in California.... We got a reply back that they would like our band to come to California and hear us play. They would give us free studio time but ALL other expenses were up to us....

None of us had much money so expenses were going to be the big issue but...........that telegram arrived about a week before we all graduated from High School and we .had all made plans to go in other directions seeing we did not expect to hear from Liberty. The band split except the lead singer and he ventured into the US and started a group called "Steve and the Windmen"....which fizzled out after about a year. Steve pressed on and at our 50 year High School Grad Reunion we found out that Steve had ended up as a musical cast member in a kids TV show.

I carried that "Liberty Records"  telegram around until it turned into confetti about 5 years later.....

And yeh, I was the drummer...thanks for all the above posted "accolades".....?

11 hours ago, blues deville said:

Members of the E and A string club have corrected me many times and prefer ‘Electric Bass or just ‘Bass’. Not sure why they are so touchy about their  mostly four stringed instruments. 

What do you call their  instrument that makes them want to correct you ..? ..

52 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

What do you call their  instrument that makes them want to correct you ..? ..

According to some players it’s not called a ‘bass guitar’. 

1 hour ago, blues deville said:

According to some players it’s not called a ‘bass guitar’. 

Hmmmm..well I guess it's  sorta like some airline  pilots are just not airline  pilots,......... they want it known that they  are 767 or 777 or 787  etc. airline pilots.4322.gif

2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Hmmmm..well I guess it's  sorta like some airline  pilots are just not airline  pilots,......... they want it known that they  are 767 or 777 or 787  etc. airline pilots.4322.gif

It’s funny though if your aircraft type does come up in a conversation the one with the biggest toy wins. 

37 minutes ago, blues deville said:

It’s funny though if your aircraft type does come up in a conversation the one with the biggest toy wins. 

Possibly but I look at the aircraft that is the most FUN to fly and that's what I want to fly........and I did ?

Archived