Sign in to follow this  
CanadaEH

Aeroflot plane lands in flames

Where were the Crash Rescue Vehicles????

AMMENDED.......06 May......................based on what AVherald has posted, the aircraft was just returning NORDO after an apparent lightening strike, so in reality, crash rescue would not be on a high state of alert.

Edited by Kip Powick
additional info

The death toll is now 41. I saw (but am unable to repost) a video of the landing from another angle. There was no fire until after the second touchdown when the gear appears to collapse.

Edited by J.O.

Nice to see how many successfully got their carry-on luggage off, while others were unable to escape the fire.

So really.....the big bounce and the subsequent hard landing, (probably landing gear oleos through the wing) caused the fire because there is no indication of fire, from what we can see, prior to the "hard landing...

AVherald has the aircraft with a lightening strike and then a NORDO approach squawking 7600 and then a "bad landing . The interesting part of the video below is the last 3-4 seconds after first impact and then the video ceases.

My previous post ........above .........concerning Crash Rescue Response has been amended.

Edited by Kip Powick

This is pretty good. I hope many passengers see it and that it makes them think twice. 

• Like 1