BWIA L1011’s

AAS

Where is the reference for the comments above.???

As far as the numbers go, ( aircraft speed differences), one would have to have the T/O charts, to ascertain placarded speeds, based on weight etc for both the BWIA aircraft and the "normal" L1011

as far as I was aware the only ones with a design difference were the PCA ones (eventually Worldways). Those however were -100 variants I believe.  The -250 and -500 did have design differences.  

In the post above the BWIA is a -500 ini the other one a -250 or a -500 both had the "Frizbee" ahead of the #2 engine.

5 minutes ago, boestar said:

In the post above the BWIA is a -500 ini the other one a -250 or a -500 both had the "Frizbee" ahead of the #2 engine.

Yeh, they are both -500. LUZ Air only had two, both -500.

The rudder is slightly bigger on the BWIA because they ordered it that way. Initially they arrived as any other -500 but their BWIA chief of OPs noticed the difference and they went back and were modified.

1 hour ago, boestar said:

as far as I was aware the only ones with a design difference were the PCA ones (eventually Worldways). Those however were -100 variants I believe.  The -250 and -500 did have design differences.  

I think you mean PSA vs.PCA. I personally never saw the lower lounge on Worldway’s L1011s but I’ve heard some ‘stories’. Apparently young jet-lagged flight and cabin crews+alcohol=Bad

C344EC0C-377E-421B-B71D-C5C088A398C1.jpeg

18 hours ago, blues deville said:

I think you mean PSA vs.PCA. I personally never saw the lower lounge on Worldway’s L1011s but I’ve heard some ‘stories’. Apparently young jet-lagged flight and cabin crews+alcohol=Bad

C344EC0C-377E-421B-B71D-C5C088A398C1.jpeg

Sorry Yes PSA.

These were all specially modified for gateless walk on walk off operations.  Just a really big regional jet of the era

2 hours ago, boestar said:

Sorry Yes PSA.

These were all specially modified for gateless walk on walk off operations.  Just a really big regional jet of the era

It seems that Lockheed has always been ahead of the curve with their aircraft designs starting with the Constellations. 

I didn’t work for Worldways but have many friends who did. I had forgotten where some of those planes came from but was told on several deadheading crew flights at the end of some seasonal routes (ex:LGW-YYZ) they lower deck models were a flying party palace. Have been sworn to secrecy on the stories!!

Archived