A321 uncommanded turn

mo32a

blues, re, "Interesting scrape marks.", yes, and also on the corner of the aileron, perhaps while it was full-down?...(brrrrrr).

I have had the experience, once, of "running out of aileron" in a cross-wind in YYC, (A320) while the airplane kept rolling. It would be at the point where the airplane was likely in Direct Law, and I suspect this A321 was in the process of entering Normal Law...I'd have to get out the books. Oh,...wait,...

5 hours ago, Don Hudson said:

blues, re, "Interesting scrape marks.", yes, and also on the corner of the aileron, perhaps while it was full-down?...(brrrrrr).

I have had the experience, once, of "running out of aileron" in a cross-wind in YYC, (A320) while the airplane kept rolling. It would be at the point where the airplane was likely in Direct Law, and I suspect this A321 was in the process of entering Normal Law...I'd have to get out the books. Oh,...wait,...

A definite wing low to get that corner of the aileron and ‘flat spot’ the underside of the winglet.

I think this scenario has played out before.....non flying pilot had some “personal effects” beside him and they deflected his side stick, when they transitioned to normal law the aircraft rolled from the command of the non flying sidestick position. These personal effects would have had to have been placed after the flt control check.....a lot of ifs but isn’t this the way accidents happen?

Archived