Conservatives..the FUTURE of Canada!

Somethings to know about this B.S. poll:

1. There were a dozen questions to start.  They were all in the 'Do you want free stuff?' category

2. The last was how would you vote

3. The pollsters did not actually talk to anyone.  It was all online and you had to be signed up beforehand

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kenny lays it on the line to Quebec!!   Either accept western oil, or give up equalization. You can’t have it both ways !!1   https://www.facebook.com/kenneyjasont/videos/118736409144

It's statements like that which cause reasonable people's eyes to glaze over.  Do you really think anyone believes that any Conservative government  anywhere is actually dedicated to making the p

Great synopsis from Rex Murphy. https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-damned-rachel-notley-and-gave-jason-kenney-generous-outside-help/amp Love this part... “A fourth reas

Posted Images

Kenny lays the slap down

“Alberta cabinet minister, premier's chief of staff resign over holiday travel, other MLAs demoted”

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has accepted the resignations of Grande Prairie MLA Tracy Allard as minister of municipal affairs and of Jamie Huckabay, his chief of staff. 

They join a growing number of politicians across Canada who have admitted to travelling outside the country despite pandemic restrictions, leading to resignations in some cases. They include former Ontario finance minister Rod Phillips, a Progressive Conservative; Liberal MP Kamal Khera; and New Democrat MP Niki Ashton.

In a Facebook post on Monday, Kenney said he has also demoted five other United Conservative Party MLAs who travelled internationally over the holidays. 

Calgary-Klein MLA Jeremy Nixon has been stripped from his position as parliamentary secretary for civil society, while Red Deer-South MLA Jason Stephan has been removed from Treasury Board.

Three MLAs — Calgary-Peigan's Tanya Fir, Tany Yao of Fort McMurray-Wood Buffalo and Lesser Slave Lake's Pat Rehn — have been removed from the legislature committees they sat on. 

Transportation Minister Ric McIver will take over municipal affairs until a new minister is appointed, Kenney said. Larry Kaumeyer, the current principal secretary, will serve as interim chief of staff.

"Millions of Albertans have made real sacrifices over the past 10 months to help keep each other safe. They are right to be angry about people in positions of leadership vacationing outside of the country," Kenney wrote.

"By travelling abroad over the holidays, these individuals demonstrated extremely poor judgment."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/minister-chief-of-staff-resign-over-holiday-travel-other-mlas-demoted-1.5860869?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR28h-LRsgwHcWuDO_Fm3g6LSZYErue66mA_SXj9oc94Ob0QAgn00xpRjus

About time. Failure of that magnitude, at that level, on this subject, at this time is beyond the pale.  Although I see it as a  failure in leadership, I suspect the general public sees it as a betrayal now that they have some experience with the economic hardships involved. Not nearly enough to make an indelible impression though IMO. 

The goings on in the US, particularly California is just warped, deviant and unforgivable. I don't see how people who support this can be so blindly partisan... it borders on a cult. Vote on policy that makes sense.

It's all a bit like the security breaches and leaks in the GA phone call thing. That would be a life changing, career ending event if I had any input... No one would want to follow them down that bunny hole and into the fires.

There is nothing partisan in that sentiment either, same applies to Biden and JT. It seems a shame that you can only prosecute and fire these traitorous scum once. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
41 minutes ago, boestar said:

Ok just 270 or so to go and we can start fresh

Or we could start voting based on policy and common sense. I was trying to think of an aviation equivalent to defund the police that might gain traction here.... I'm at a loss.

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

About time. Failure of that magnitude, at that level, on this subject, at this time is beyond the pale.  Although I see it as a  failure in leadership, I suspect the general public agrees simply they now have some experience with a bit of hardship. Not nearly enough to make an indelible impression though IMO. 

The goings on in the US, particularly California is just warped, deviant and unforgivable. I don't see how people who support this can be so blindly partisan... it borders on a cult. Vote on policy that makes sense.

It's all a bit like the security breaches and leaks in the GA phone call thing. That would be a life changing, career ending event if I had any input... No one would want to follow them down that bunny hole and into the fires.

There is nothing partisan in that sentiment either, same applies to Biden and JT. It seems a shame that you can only prosecute and fire these traitorous scum once. 

Here are the Canadian politicians facing questions over travel amid COVID-19 restrictions | CBC News

And the 100,000 + people carried by Canadian Airlines yesterday nad the day before and the day before and the day before Etc etc...

People are still flying and travelling for non essential purposes.  

Playing Devils Advocate here but should they all be fired as well?

Yes we must hold out public officials to a higher standard but at the same time we should be holding ourselves to a high standard.

• Thanks 1
On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, boestar said:

Playing Devils Advocate here but should they all be fired as well?

Leadership binds you to a higher standard than the masses during such times. I wouldn't blindly apply it to every instance of leadership failure because there are degrees and there are mistakes. This isn't a mistake and on this subject at this time I would be ejecting them from caucus. I'm not a maximum powers of punishment guy by nature but I would be ending careers here. 

I'll leave it at that, those who disagree will never agree.... dead issue I guess.

This now falls at the office of the Premier IMO and he needs to be held to account... does anyone think he (and his staff) don't know where the provincial senior leadership is 24 Hrs a day?

I don't believe this guy for a moment and I no longer believe the Premiers either: "Yao said he had just turned on his phone"

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/text-from-mexico-fort-mcmurray-wood-buffalo-mla-tany-yao-apologizes/wcm/2a7458a2-de6e-4404-b679-7ea4124c63b1

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like O'toole has dug himself into a hole...

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2021/01/17/under-pressure-to-disavow-trump-supporting-members-conservatives-slam-liberals-for-american-style-attacks.html

Under pressure to disavow Trump-supporting members, Conservatives slam Liberals for ‘American-style’ attacks

When Canadians hear about Trump-style politics coming to the country, many collectively shudder.

But within a day of them recoiling in shock while watching thousands of pro-Donald Trump rioters storm the Capitol in Washington D.C., news outlets were reporting on a photo of the deputy leader of the Conservative party, Candice Bergen, wearing a camouflage Make America Great Again hat.

In the days that followed, more Conservative faux pas, ostensibly involving the far-right, began receiving attention.

The Liberals, on Wednesday, blasted a fundraising email to supporters condemning the Conservatives for “doubling down on deeply divisive politics” and cited as evidence several incidents over the last weeks.

It mentioned a now-removed page on the Conservative party website claiming Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was “rigging the next election” (the Conservatives say it was an old webpage, but it had been making the rounds on Twitter after the riots), Rebel Media’s Ezra Levant receiving responses to questions from Conservative leader Erin O’Toole’s office and the Bergen photo of her in a MAGA hat.

These incidents and O’Toole’s slogan — “Take back Canada” — are examples of the Conservative leader peddling in “a worrisome pattern of divisive politics and catering to the extreme right,” the email stated.

Erin Otoole:

“ Within minutes of becoming leader of Canada’s Conservatives, I said that I want the Party to be one that welcomes all Canadians, regardless of race, religion, economic standing, education, or sexual orientation. I've said that as Prime Minister I will govern on behalf of all Canadians. I am pro-choice. I believe in a Canada that welcomes people of every background. I've said that Conservatives have to take inequality seriously. I’ve spoken out on the need to help those who haven’t kept up with Canada’s growth and prosperity over the years. I've lamented the decline of private sector union membership. I have raised the unfairness of the blood ban for gay men. On my first occasion to rise in the House of Commons as Leader, I raised the issue of reconciliation with Indigenous people.

The Conservatives are a moderate, pragmatic, mainstream party – as old as Confederation – that sits squarely in the centre of Canadian politics. My singular focus is to get Canada’s economy back on track as quickly as possible to create jobs and secure a strong future for all Canadians. There is no place for the far right in our Party.

The events at the Capitol were horrifying and I was quick to condemn them unequivocally. Conservatives believe in free and fair elections, the peaceful transfer of power, opportunity for all, and full accountability of government. We apply those same standards in our own country, and that’s why we have been surprised that the Liberals have been so quick to shut down accountability through prorogation, obfuscation, and delay. It is also incredibly arrogant and dangerous for the Liberal government to posture for an election in the middle of a national health and economic crisis. They should put the interests of Canadians ahead of the narrow political interests of the Liberal Party.

I am proud of Canada as a welcoming, modern, and inclusive country. I've shown that by wearing the uniform of my country for 12 years alongside exceptional Canadians from all walks of life. I am also proud of the history of the Conservative Party being made up of trailblazing Canadians from all backgrounds. Our Party was the first to see a female cabinet minister and was part of numerous firsts for MPs and ministers from many cultural groups. We will continue to grow our Party and ensure that more and more Canadians help us secure a strong future for this incredible country.

If the Liberals want to label me as “far right,” they are welcome to try. Canadians are smart and they will see this as an attempt to mislead people and import some of the fear and division we have witnessed in the United States. I am happy to have my character and my experience in and out of politics held up alongside Mr. Trudeau on any occasion. I don't believe leadership is bestowed by birthright. I am a middle-class kid from the suburbs of Toronto who has dedicated his life to service and understands what is needed at this time of crisis. I will restore ethical and principled leadership to the country. I will address alienation in the west and the concerns of thousands of families who feel left out of the prosperity in this country. I will focus on the national interest when I represent our country internationally. I will ensure that Canada is never again unprepared for a national crisis and slow to respond like we have been under this Liberal government. And I will work tirelessly to restore public confidence in their political leaders and federal institutions.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is such a Canadian thing to do.

“ Who kicks a person when they’re down? Who dresses up their own resentment, spite or ideological fervour as analysis? One doesn’t need to agree with Jordan Peterson’s every idea to regard his recent comeback from the brink of death, destruction and oblivion as welcome, commendable and inspiring. At least worth a shred of empathy. But not from the more doctrinaire of his woke Left critics. As Janice Fiamengo finds, they aren’t just revelling in the popular author’s misfortune but are committing what they normally consider an unforgivable sin: blaming the victim.”

https://c2cjournal.ca/2021/02/hating-jordan-peterson/?fbclid=IwAR13nppYsogWUOYoiLrZFqb_HaYOXNwcf3ksh8vGuzcgqLeCVewhMmgM2Cw

D384315C-92EF-4DCC-B774-520A7DBB9966.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

It's still a tax that they will increase.  Nothing changes.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/new-conservative-climate-plan-to-put-carbon-tax-on-large-emitters-but-scrap-it-for-consumer-fuels

New Conservative climate plan to put carbon tax on large emitters, but change it for consumer fuels

The plan will also include a specific target and date for reducing Canada's greenhouse gas emissions

O'toole has a better read of the country than his party does - unfortunate, the country could use a change.

‘A massive blow to his integrity and credibility’: Conservatives blindsided by Erin O’Toole’s carbon pricing plan

O’Toole’s plan also will consider “new taxes on frequent flyers, non-electric luxury vehicles and second homes to deter activities that hurt the environment.”

“If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it’s a duck.”

17 hours ago, Airband said:

O'toole has a better read of the country than his party does - unfortunate, the country could use a change.

‘A massive blow to his integrity and credibility’: Conservatives blindsided by Erin O’Toole’s carbon pricing plan

“If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it’s a duck.”

I personally think Otoole will take a major hit in support over this betrayal of his base.

813128A5-5B61-4687-8175-F5BB30FE90E8.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
7 hours ago, st27 said:

but he had to come up with something to counter the growing lib/eco CO2 emission hysteria

Agreed, pretty sure that's the reason for it.

People want to see an effort... but they remain uncommitted so it has to be easy. The liberals would accuse him of having no plan otherwise. 

The only thing worse than no plan wold be a workable one. Imagine if he developed a plan to cut carbon emissions by the 80 Mts per year necessary to get the job done. People would freak. Better to promise a modest tax and plant a few trees. It's all about the sound bites... even I can write them. 

If you want to see the lack of commitment for yourself, find a greenie and ask them what they want to cut that amounts to 80 Mts per year and remind them that it has to be done in under 9 years. THEY WON"T ANSWER. 

He needs to come up with something equally useless on the gun control front as well. It doesn't need to be effective or even reasonable..... I can write that one too.

Edited by Wolfhunter
10 hours ago, st27 said:

Imo ... disappointed yes,,, but he had to come up with something to counter the growing lib/eco CO2 emission hysteria....otherwise, he and the party would relegated to dinosaur status.

Things change...you have to adapt.

Isn't it funny how the conservatives said a carbon tax would kill business, and now their proposal will raise it even higher on business than the liberal plan, while giving bigger rebates to the 'people'.

That's a bigger move to buy votes than even Trudeau could think of.