Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Back in the Day

I have one in the desk drawer, ready to go if needed!

14 hours ago, vanishing point said:

Still have one of those as well.

Best one made IMO, right up there with Langlitz motorcycle jackets and Wesco boots... an old friend that loathes retirement, whimpers on sunny days and laughs at MBA crew assertions about the pilot shortage (as do I).

If "seasoned" means being scratched, beaten up, being a world traveler and remaining virtually indestructible with an entire career of aviation stories carved into her skin, then seasoned it is.

Edited by Wolfhunter

That pretty much describes my flight bag.  Bought it in ‘87 and after some restoration, still going strong.  It’s older than most of the FO’s I work with now.  It will see me to the end of this airline career.  

Speaking of flight bags, this wounded warrior was purchased in 1979 and, had it not been force-retired, was good for a few more years! 🤣💪

Flight Bag 3.jpeg

• Like 1

I had one of those, sadly it was stolen from a colleague’s car in the parking lot at Arizona’s. **bleep** crowbarred the trunk lid to get to it. 

10 hours ago, av8tor said:

Speaking of flight bags, this wounded warrior was purchased in 1979 and, had it not been force-retired, was good for a few more years! 🤣💪

Flight Bag 3.jpeg

Very smart adding all those stickers otherwise I think that bag would have collapsed although the black electrical/duct tape may have been the key structural addition.

Well done. 👍

• Haha 1