WestJet Calgary to Atlanta

Southern hospitality in WestJet’s sights

‎Today, ‎March ‎3, ‎2019, ‏‎4 hours ago | Canadian Aviation News

Provided by WESTJET, an Alberta Partnership/CNW

Airline launches inaugural flight between its Calgary hub and Atlanta

CALGARY, March 3, 2019 /CNW/ – WestJet today became the only airline connecting Calgarians non-stop to Atlanta, Ga., when its inaugural flight between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) departed at 9:55 a.m. local time.

Atlanta is the 65th destination WestJet serves nonstop from Calgary.  WestJet already serves more destinations with more nonstop flights from Calgary than any other airline. “Today’s flight between Calgary and Atlanta marks another significant milestone in WestJet’s continued investment into Alberta while supporting strong business and tourism ties,” said Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet’s Chief Commercial Officer. “We are thrilled to offer our guests this service, along with access to 111 unique routes between Atlanta and points across North America served by both WestJet and our codeshare partner, Delta.”

“I am extremely proud to be able to herald any connection between the U.S. southeast and Canada, and it is especially gratifying to highlight this new bond between the Heart of the South and the Heart of the New West,” said Nadia Theodore, Consul General of Canada in Atlanta. “Atlanta and Calgary have a lot to offer one another and I look forward to seeing this partnership develop in the near future.”

“We welcome the news of WestJet’s new daily, nonstop air service between Calgary and Atlanta and the increased business and tourism links this service brings,” said Lucia C. Piazza, U.S. Consul General for Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. “Canadians will gain easy access to the dynamic economy and famous southern hospitality that the southeastern United States offers, either as a final destination or as a gateway to points beyond.  Likewise, we welcome the new access this new service brings to Americans eager to explore Alberta and Western Canada’s beauty and commercial opportunities.”

WestJet, via its codeshare partner Delta, offers access to an extensive list of U.S. destinations including the southeastern United States and Gulf Coast and cities such as Memphis, Tenn., Charleston, S.C., New Orleans, La., Savannah, Ga., Pensacola and Panama City, Fla. All are available for booking on westjet.com.

Details of WestJet’s service between Calgary and Atlanta:

Route Frequency Departing Arriving Effective
Calgary –  Atlanta Six times weekly* 9:55 a.m 4:08 p.m March 3, 2019
Atlanta – Calgary Six times weekly* 5:00 p.m 7:39 p.m March 3, 2019

*Daily starting April 7, 2019

WestJet and Delta Air Lines have signed a definitive agreement to create a comprehensive transborder joint venture arrangement that will offer travellers an expanded network within Canada and the U.S., frequent flyer benefit reciprocity, lounge access and joint corporate discounts. The proposed joint venture agreement is subject to regulatory approvals in the United States and Canada.  Today’s launch of nonstop service between Calgary and Atlanta reflects the strong partnership between the two airlines.

For more information, please visit westjet.com.

9 hours ago, Super 80 said:

Are they using Delta's domestic baggage claim? It would be a coup if they were.

I’m not sure of that.  I’ll try to find out.  I did the flight there yesterday and doing it again today.  

17 minutes ago, airbrake said:

I’m not sure of that.  I’ll try to find out.  I did the flight there yesterday and doing it again today.  

If you get a chance to look, for some reason the flights are not showing up on the airport web page , arrival or departure just showing Delta. 

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

If you get a chance to look, for some reason the flights are not showing up on the airport web page , arrival or departure just showing Delta. 

According to the customer agent our bags are right in with the delta carousels.  We were at gate D9A today. 

34 minutes ago, airbrake said:

According to the customer agent our bags are right in with the delta carousels.  We were at gate D9A today. 

Thanks, you can not do better than that.

1 hour ago, airbrake said:

Thanks, that is great news. Collecting your bags at the international terminal is a major annoyance if you're doing anything other than being picked up, except even a lot of locals don't know how to get there.

The International Terminal and concourse F would figure prominently on a list of "things that shouldn't have been built".

Archived