WestJet Adds YUL - YXU Seasonal Service

WestJet celebrates summer with new route between London, ON and Montreal

‎Today, ‎February ‎26, ‎2019, ‏‎8 minutes ago | Canadian Aviation News

Provided by WESTJET, an Aliberta Partnership/CNW

CALGARY, Feb. 26, 2019 /CNW/ – WestJet today announced it is adding more choice for travellers in London and Montreal this summer with a new daily service starting June 24 through October 15 on WestJet Encore.

“We continue to see robust use of our service between Montreal and Toronto and are aware that many of these guests travel to and from London,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President Network Planning and Alliances. “We are certain WestJet guests from Montreal and London will enjoy more convenient access to these popular leisure and business markets during the busy summer travel season.”

“We are very pleased to be able to offer passengers the option to fly to Montreal with WestJet,” said Michael Seabrook, London International Airport President and CEO. “Montreal is one of our biggest markets, and with the addition of this non-stop flight our passengers have options. It allows us to provide an easy and comfortable travel experience to even more travellers.”

WestJet is the largest airline in London, and this summer will operate six flights per day from London, ON to three Canadian cities including Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. The airline will also operate 23 flights per day from Montreal including two times daily to Vancouver, three times daily to Calgary, daily to Edmonton and Winnipeg, 13 times daily to Toronto, twice daily to Halifax and daily to London, ON.

Details of WestJet’s service between London and Montreal:

Route Frequency Departing Arriving Effective
London –  Montreal Daily 10:20 a.m. 11:45 a.m. June 24, 2019
Montreal – London Daily 12:15 p.m. 1:49 p.m. June 24, 2019

For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in 2019 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.

This summer, WestJet will operate more than 750 daily flights in peak summer to 92 destinations including 42 in Canada, 23 in the United States, 27 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and five in Europe.

20 minutes ago, wizard said:

This was a shot back at Air Canada starting seasonal service to Calgary starting June 24th. Looks like a turf war has started in London Ontario between Westjet/Swoop. AirCanada

And of course Air Canada Express will continue to offer multiple YXU-YUL flights, but then so will WestJet Encore.

This is now not about domestic travel however, international connections.  

If you look at the WJ shift the last 12-18 months, they have dropped all direct flying from remote(not hub) airports and shifted to hub and spoke( YYZ YYC YVR). 

Now why the YXU-YUL.?  I agree, it’s a response. So I change  my mind, it’s about domestic, the point to point has me baffled. Maybe widebody out of YUL to come?

AC Express has one flight a day to YUL and was down gauged from 78 seat Q-400 to 50 seat RJ about 7 weeks into service. Encore only has 78 seat Q-400 aircraft with a lot  less connections in YUL for WJ then AC. Encore will most likely be flying at a 25% load factor on this route. Makes no sense. Just a reaction to last weeks Air Canada Rouge announcement of starting flights to Calgary.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, lvlchange said:

This is now not about domestic travel however, international connections.  

If you look at the WJ shift the last 12-18 months, they have dropped all direct flying from remote(not hub) airports and shifted to hub and spoke( YYZ YYC YVR). 

Now why the YXU-YUL.?  I agree, it’s a response. So I change  my mind, it’s about domestic, the point to point has me baffled. Maybe widebody out of YUL to come?

There is 0% chance of WJ starting any wide body flying out of YUL. 

Archived