Air Italy to provide MXP to YYZ Service

Air Italy Launches Toronto Service

‎Today, ‎February ‎19, ‎2019, ‏‎46 minutes ago | Canadian Aviation News

Provided by TravelIndustryToday.com

And partnership with Toronto Pride

articleimage

19 FEB 2019: Launching its first direct flights to Canada on May 6th with the inauguration of its direct Milan Malpensa-Toronto service, Air Italy has announced its partnership with the Toronto Pride 2019 Festival as the Official European Carrier.

The new route which will be the third new international launch of 2019 in May – following the scheduled launch of services to Los Angeles and San Francisco on April 3 and 10 respectively – will make Toronto Air Italy’s fifth new North America route after the 2018 launches of New York and Miami.

Rossen Dimitrov, Air Italy Chief Operating Officer said, “Since the rebranding program started last March, Air Italy has been clear in its focus as an innovative and contemporary airline focused on providing an exemplary customer experience.

“Inherent within that – and as shown through our tagline, Imagine The World Differently – is a requirement that we must live, support and drive awareness of our core brand values, such as inclusivity and freedom of choice. By promoting the beauty of our differences, Air Italy will continue to Imagine The World Differently.

“Given this, and with our highly anticipated launch of services to Canada in May, we are absolutely delighted to be able to take on our role as Official European Carrier for Toronto Pride 2019.

During the key weekend of the festival – 21 to 23 June – as well as participating in the Parade, Air Italy as the Official European carrier will be the presenting sponsor for Pride Toronto 2019’s Street fair, one of the key event locations and activation zones for this year on Church Street, Wood Street, and Wellesley Streets.

The new service to Canada will be operated daily except for Thursday. Toronto will be easily reachable with connections from seven Italian cities (Rome, Naples, Palermo, Catania, Lamezia Terme, Olbia and Cagliari via Malpensa).

AC is a big sponsor of Pride. 

While I don't imagine they will waiver in their support, I don't think they will be happy with a Qatari-proxy-upstart competitor jumping in with them...

Further, I am disappointed in Pride accepting sponsorship from a company that is backed by a nation where homosexuality is illegal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Qatar

I mean they won't let Toronto Police participate, but Middle Eastern dollars? No problemo. Hypocrites.

And just to clarify my post for those that don't follow the rise and branding of "Air Italy"...

Meridiana, a fledgling charter carrier was infused by dollars and aircraft from Qatar Airways who officially hold a 49% stake, but I think we all know really run the show at the rebranded "Air Italy"

Qatar Airways is the wholly government owned and controlled flag carrier of Qatar, where homosexuality is punishable with sentences which have included prison and lashings.

1 hour ago, blues deville said:

If I want a seasonal flight to MXP I will select one of our Canadian carriers before this foreign one. 

Sadly for most of those who might chose the Canadian Carrier it will be the $$$ that makes their decision. Loyalty to an Air Line is something that mostly no longer exists.

Archived