Sign in to follow this  
blues deville

A - C = B

Passenger being sued for jumping ship before final ticketed destination. 

If you’ve paid the advertised air fare, who cares where you get off the plane. 

http://www.traveller.com.au/skiplagging-flights-lufthansa-sues-passenger-for-deliberately-missing-flight-to-save-money-h1b6ym

8E693B07-A9A0-4F13-BC78-D7CAD8DB00A1.jpeg

Edited by blues deville

one reason would be the lost revenue on that leg of the flight.  Chances are the revenue from A-C was less than the potential revenue from B-C 

For example a ticket from A-B-C = 200

Ticket from B-C = 150

There is a potential of lost revenue overall.  However I would fight it based on load factor =100% on Leg B-C with my seat included.  If B-C load factor is anything less than 100% then there was no harm to the company.

Now if a ticket from A-B= 300 but A-C =200 then they have a case....sort of.

Loss of revenue perhaps but the airline structures the air fare for these two sector trip. I can see potential delays looking for AWOL passengers but again, the airline sold the ticket. As you leave the plane you could advise someone you’re getting off for any number of reasons and no one could stop you. I think non-rev airline employees would be the last to complain about empty seats showing up from time to time.

Also, I know lots of people who have purchased round trip tickets for a one way trip because it was cheaper.

The German court has ruled against LH who are not giving up. I don’t think the airline has a case. 

Lots of this going on.  most months you can also find this type of fare on AirCanada and WestJet .  Lots of examples posted here in the past. I guess the secret of using this type of fare is of course not checking a bag. 😀 They normally appear during the promotion of new city pairs.

It’s an interesting argument for airlines but when they have the right to increase airfares during holidays and seasonal vacation times, all’s fair. 

You can leave a sporting event at any time with minutes left on the clock or extra innings left to play. Paid the ticket price which gave you a seat. If you want to leave it empty that should be your choice 

So, if the person became ill during the stopover and was unable to continue, would LH take them to court? Of course not. Their law suit is ridiculous. They were gamed using their own rules and now they don't like it. 

• Like 2

A situation like this comes up because the airline tracked it for many months and the guy persisted even after warnings.

When one buys a ticket they are agreeing to abide by the tariffs.  So, when they don't stuff happens.

There are websites specifically dedicated to this type of thing.  How to fly cheap.