Friday Giggle...

deicer

Decades ago, much prior to the advent of the communications we presently have there was no way of finding out about airport facilities or services available and many missions, (by DND),  were “first time” ventures into a country.

As such, many transport Squadrons kept a black binder in Flight Ops with written reports from crews in order of facilitate the next crew into a particular airport as to what they could expect with regard to Parking, Ground AC, Starting Equipment, Catering, Cabin cleaning, and Lav services etc..

Ref…Montego Bay  

I was going down there with a load of VIPs who were to travel, via Montego Bay, for a Government “fact finding” mission in South America.

I read up on the written report by another crew who happened to be first into that airport. What was interesting was written for Montego Bay under  LAV SERVICES…..…

RCAF Flt XXXX

Montego Bay

LAV SERVICES

It would seem ground services are not familiar with the emptying of the washroom facilities on a CV580…Shower of  shyt* on the darky and he gave up in disgust.

Suggest Lav services be done in Panama.

5 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

It would seem ground services are not familiar with the emptying of the washroom facilities on a CV580…Shower of  shyt* on the darky and he gave up in disgust.

Suggest Lav services be done in Panama.

I knew the Major who wrote that report. He told it at our flying club banquet in the early 80's.

Archived