More ice falls from aircraft...

conehead

18 minutes ago, conehead said:

Could  that be the result of a malfunctioning drain from one of the washrooms???✈️

Pieces are pretty big so I am assuming a slow drain had an ice build up until the weight of the ice in the airflow resulted in the ice leaving the aircraft.

I see he kept the ice for evidence or.......perhaps drinks later in the day ??????

That aint lav juice.... Been there done that....

That is likely a leaking potable water service valve.  fairly common issue.  They drip for extended periods and the ice builds up inside the panel until if forces the panel open.  At that point it lets go and heads for earth.   Most times the water leak does not force the panel open and some porr water service guy has to chip the ice out of the panel to service the water again.  Been there done that too.

29 minutes ago, boestar said:

That aint lav juice.... Been there done that....

That is likely a leaking potable water service valve.  fairly common issue.  They drip for extended periods and the ice builds up inside the panel until if forces the panel open.  At that point it lets go and heads for earth.   Most times the water leak does not force the panel open and some porr water service guy has to chip the ice out of the panel to service the water again.  Been there done that too.

That’s what I thought too. But no chipping allowed! Break out the Herman Nelson!

had to do it on the L-1011 many times.  Crappy seals and valves.  Plastic scraper in hand as well as a herman Nelson.  turns are only so long

Archived