Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Reality 2019

More money promised if you re-elect the Liberals.

Federal and N.W.T. gov'ts pledge millions for roads, cultural sites, research

In two separate funding announcements Tuesday, the federal and territorial governments announced millions of dollars in funding for several infrastructure projects across the territory.

Over $31M invested by federal gov't in roads, cultural infrastructure, waste upgrades

CBC News · Posted: Aug 13, 2019 4:13 PM CT | Last Updated: August 13

michael-mcleod.jpeg
N.W.T. MP Michael McLeod makes a funding announcement earlier this month at the Legislative Assembly in Yellowknife. On Tuesday, McLeod announced over $31 million in federal funding for 19 infrastructure projects across the territory. (Katie Toth/CBC)
comments

In two separate funding announcements Tuesday, the federal and territorial governments announced millions of dollars in funding for roads, cultural projects, and research across the N.W.T.

The most substantive announcement, from the federal government, announced more than $45 million in funding for 19 infrastructure projects.

Over $31 million in funding will come from the government of Canada, with $14.2 million coming from local Indigenous governments and the government of the Northwest Territories.

The projects announced include new cultural camps in Whatì and Gamètì, a new multi-purpose building used for cultural programming in Inuvik, and upgrades to an existing camp in Wekweètì. Upgrades will also be made to the Ehdaa Historical Site in Fort Simpson and Behchoko's Ko Gocho Centre.

Fort Simpson will receive upgrades to its trail system, and several communities, including Yellowknife, Hay River, Inuvik, Aklavik, Paulatuk, Colville Lake, Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells, and Tulita, are slated for upgrades to their wastewater and solid waste infrastructure.

Several million dollars were also announced for road projects in Norman Wells, Tuktoyaktuk, Fort Simpson, Hay River, and Yellowknife.

In the news release announcing the funding, N.W.T. MP Michael Mcleod said the investments are an "excellent example of what can be done when all levels of government work together to build stronger, more self-sustaining communities."

The timelines for each project were not included in an attached background document, nor was there any information on if the funding would remain if the current Liberal government is defeated in the upcoming federal election, which is slated for October. 

On 8/13/2019 at 6:24 AM, Wolfhunter said:

The real tragedy here is the lack of enforcement. I'm now at 6 full transits through Ontario (two more to go this year) and have yet to see a single traffic stop... not one. Average speed seems to be 20+ KPH over the posted limit with people camping in the left lane resulting in Snowbird line astern tailgating. I no longer signal lane changes... when the indicator comes on people speed up to block you. If there is no credible likelihood of being caught, laws don't matter.... a bit like street checks in that regard I think. Are these the same people demanding action on climate change?  This should be the easy part...

IMO, the worst place to drive a motorcycle in Canada/USA.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/two-dead-in-fiery-multi-vehicle-crash-on-401-in-mississauga

I just did 1600 Km from Mississauga up through Bracebridge and Algonquin park then into the highlands and back over 2 days on the bike.  I saw 1 cop.

Lots of (former) great motorcycle destinations have become no go zones and the list is growing. What the "good idea fairies" can't seem to grasp is the notion that there is a price tag associated with virtually every worthwhile endeavour, be it money, effort, opportunity cost, or all three at once. 

The cost of not paying is almost always higher and nothing short of total failure is instructive. Did all of the woke people sleep through history class?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-toronto-should-learn-lessons-from-decay-of-seattle

Gathering police intelligence, or intelligence of any type is often thirsty work., but here's a good place to start.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/living-large-with-high-priced-whips-in-community-housing

As the enemy becomes more brazen the effort required diminishes until it's as obvious as counting cars:. When intelligence gathering becomes easy you are no longer viewed as a threat to be taken seriously:

Edited by Wolfhunter

A guy is looking for a place to sit in a crowded library. He asked a girl in a university library: 

Do you mind if I sit beside you?

The girl replied in a loud voice: 

"I DON 'T WANT TO SPEND THE NIGHT WITH YOU!"

All the students in the library started staring at the guy; he was truly embarrassed and moved to another table.

After a couple of minutes, the girl walked quietly to the guy's table and said with a laugh: 

"I study psychology, and I know what a man is thinking. I guess you felt embarrassed, right?”

The guy then responded in a loud voice: "$500 FOR ONE NIGHT? ... . . THAT'S ROBBERY!"

All the people in the library looked at the girl in shock. 

The guy then whispered in her ear: "I study law: I know how to screw people."

53 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

D43F89AE-ED7C-4A74-B1E3-ED2C8D4F155F.jpeg

If taken knowingly (because you thought it would be neat, then I don't care (just hope you have left enough money to bury you  if not then so sad good bye)),  , but in both instances the pusher should be awarded with a death sentence.

• Thanks 1