Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Islamic Party of Ontario

Wolfhunter: You by chance running in any of the 3 by-elections announced today?

I'd move to the riding to give you my vote if you were!

Unbelievably well stated posts, thanks!

• Thanks 2

The effects of global migration and just the increasing number of accommodations for our diverse society (this case applies to Toronto):

We are petitioning for prayer spaces (partitions) to be assembled in main subway stations that already have washrooms.

Why your support is needed...

Like meditation and exercise, prayer has been part of Muslim individuals practice for the past 1400 years. Muslims are obligated to pray five times a day and it varies between 5:00 am to 12:00 midnight; during which each prayer should be performed within a limited time frame and completed prior to the next. It’s understandable that Muslims can pray anywhere; however, having a clean and private space will help individuals who can’t make it home to catch their prayer more at ease while travelling with the TTC. 

https://www.change.org/p/toronto-transit-commission-prayer-spaces-in-subway-station-decd33fd-5df8-4883-82fa-1168a5730ae9

7 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

This is a slippery slope...

To give an example of the insolence and intelligence level of these people....crossing the ocean one night a Flight Attendant comes up and asks me ...” Captain...we have a Muslim gentleman that would like you to turn the aircraft to East for 10 minutes so he can pray.”  I kid you not !

Many years ago we had King hussein (sp?) of Jordan here for a visit in YYZ.  He had a private L-1011 he used for the trip.  In the aircraft was a platform that was integrated into the aircraft systems which always faced Mecca for his prayers.  No matter where they were on the planet the platform was faced in the correct direction.

Although the Palestinian people have a legitimate (historical) grievance, they can have peace anytime they want it. I turned 19 there with UNEF and went back with the MFO years later.... little improvement in the overall situation to date IMO.

I used to enjoy diving in the Southern Sinai and now wouldn't go back unarmed.

Edited by Wolfhunter

I agree with the historical aspect (I’m no expert) but I worry the country is forever changing with the importation of not only people but the “cultural baggage” that comes with it......Sikh independence, Palestinian independence, Tamil independence, etc.

Another example of “change”:

Thousands of people are demanding sports apparel giant Nike recall its Air Max 270 shoe, saying that the "blasphemous" logo is offensive to Muslims.

Change.org petition, which garnered more than 14,000 signatures by mid-day Wednesday, claims that the logo resembles “Allah,” the Arabic word for God, written in Arabic script.

left-arrow.svg
right-arrow.svg    Petitioner Saiqa Noreen says the logo “will surely be trampled, kicked and become soiled with mud or even filth.”

“It is outrageous and appalling of Nike to allow the name of God on a shoe,” Noreen wrote. “This is disrespectful and extremely offensive to Muslim’s and insulting to Islam.”