Swoop has a bad day at YHZ

FA@AC

“A flight attendant got an ear infection, which of course stops them from being able to fly. So we're bringing another flight attendant in from our base in the Hamilton area and this is what's caused the second delay on this flight unfortunately,” said Karen McIssac, Senior Communications Advisor for Swoop, the low-cost carrier owned by WestJet

I wonder what brilliant sounding excuse a “Junior” Communications Advisor would have provided?

26 minutes ago, conehead said:

That’s funny... the last time I was on a flight where they were short a F/A, they simply kicked off some pax and the flight carried on..

That isn't an option for operators that choose to use the new minimum crew ratio that was introduced in 2015, which is based on the number of seats.

49 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Millennials may not be the worst of your problems, now we face the Z generation arriving in the workplace etc as they are now 22. But some say they will be better , I guess only time will tell. Re the Millennials, I know a number who are great people and outstanding workers but like most things, the majority are tared (can I say that) with the same brush as those who do not fit in to society.

You can say that Malcolm........ but it has two rr's as in tarred! lol?

17 hours ago, Kasey said:

You can say that Malcolm........ but it has two rr's as in tarred! lol?

pOST DELETED SO AS TO REDUCE TOPIC CREEP ?

I think we should stop labelling people.  I know some lazy, self-centered, entitled a**holes from every generation.  As well as good, kind, generous, hard-working ones.  And it’s always been that way.

1 hour ago, conehead said:

I think we should stop labelling people.  I know some lazy, self-centered, entitled a**holes from every generation.  As well as good, kind, generous, hard-working ones.  And it’s always been that way.

You’re right and let’s turn this around.

I agree about being careful about labels but.....

There are some statistical differences in Gen Z or I-gen as it is called by Jonathan Haidt in his book “Coddling of the American Mind” which should be of concern. Mainly that greater numbers of them have never held a job, been involved in sports, been raised with unsupervised playtime (important for social development) and almost always had an adult solve their problems for them. The result is the latest generation hitting the colleges and universities with very little coping skills to allow them to deal with the realities of life In the real world.

I guess time will tell how much or little damage has been done.

6 hours ago, boestar said:

Millennials aren't the problem.  Their parents are.

Well, since this is an aviation forum, we should have some discussion about root cause. Those parents had parents, and so on, and so on ...

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, rudder said:

SWOOP = ZIP

Give up.  Stop pretending that diluting your own product is the BEST competitive response.

Spoken like an ALPA spokesperson!

Archived