Remembrance Day Bomber Command Tribute

Johnboy

I recently completed a project involving analyzing a WW2 log book of (Bomb Aimer Lancaster) Gordon "Ed" Deschaine DFC of the RCAF on behalf of his family. Ed was my mother's cousin and I remember him visiting our home in Windsor many many times. I knew he was in the RCAF during the war but after completing this project I was dumbfounded to learn the extent of his bravery and sacrifice. As we near Remembrance Day I was moved to create a johnboy Production to honor Ed and all those that gave up everything. #LestWeForget

Another coincidence John....here is an image of a monument to the squadrons based at Middleton St George during WW11, primarily 619 Moose, and 428 Ghost ... both flying  Lancasters in the latter part of the war.4A82FF0A-2ADF-4C3E-8A51-65738E5C44CC.thumb.jpeg.929535a92838af94a707a53d673af143.jpeg

This is a photo of the BBMF Lanc doing a low and over at Middleton St George during squadron reunion in about 1985. The aerodrome is now called  Durham Tees Valley. EGNV. The hotel behind was the officers mess.

My dad was stationed there when your family member was there.

F0AE1031-1D82-4C41-9285-F4DD05B34CAB.jpeg

Archived