Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Justin

“ Trudeau Liberals To End Canada Summer Jobs Funding For Pro-Life Groups”

“ Apparently Trudeau’s “diversity is strength” mantra doesn’t extend to a diverse range of opinions.”

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/12/16/diversity-thought-unwanted-trudeau-liberals-end-canada-summer-jobs-funding-pro-life-groups/

14 minutes ago, st27 said:

Hey Jaydee....put the coffee down when you read this (don’t want you to spew it all over the kitchen) !

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/justin-trudeau-ranked-2-most-influential-person-in-the-world

Sorry bout that....have a nice day :D!

The only good thing about this is they don’t vote...we do, and Canadians are starting to see the true idiot he really is.  It also shows how much more work has to be done to permanently relegate him to the trash pile of political bad nightmares.

Edited by Jaydee

“ Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s plan made international headlines, for all the wrong reasons.

Trudeau said he wants to welcome these returned jihadists and even try to help them, through taxpayer-funded social programs aimed to “deradicalize” and “reintegrate” these terrorists into our society. 

“We recognize the return of even one individual may have serious national security implications,” said Trudeau last month, noting that “we are going to monitor them.”

“We are also there to help them to let go of that terrorist ideology,” he said.

We’re going to help them? Why on earth would Canadian taxpayers seek to help members of a jihadist army that committed genocide, burned Christians alive, beheaded American journalists and aid workers, sold women into sex slavery and threw gay men off rooftops? 

Trudeau’s naive plan for “reintegration” borders on the absurdity. The assumption that an avowed jihadist — committed to the most regressive and fundamentalist interpretation of Islam — would somehow be willing to “let go of that terrorist ideology” shows how little Trudeau understands ISIS jihadists. 

“ ISIS jihadists do not deserve our help, just as al-Qaida jihadists do not deserve official apologies or million-dollar settlements from the Trudeau government.  And they certainly do not deserve the privilege of being granted Canadian citizenship. 

Regardless of whether these ISIS jihadists are men or women, front-line militants, backroom operatives or jihadi brides, they do not deserve our help. They deserved to die in Iraq, and if they’re back in Canada, they deserve to spend a very long time in a cold, dark jail cell. “

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/malcolm-returning-isis-fighters-deserve-to-be-locked-up-not-helped

E50A33B4-5F18-49D5-A6C3-3528F661E5C9.jpeg

So basically, how would he respond to a murderer/rapist of women returning from the US or the UK?? How does our pm distinguish or reconcile the difference?

I would bet every $$ I earned in my entire career that if his wife or daughter had been raped or killed by ISIS, the policy would be dramatically different.

Canadians, and what Canadians want really don’t matter to this idiot.

CB87F874-50E5-4EBD-AE87-0647C230411A.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

I also wonder what the Syrian refugees think of this...they are the ones trying to escape from Isis after having THEIR family and friends mudered and tortured. Now the clown is letting them run around over here. 

I would hope they are more **bleep** than we are!

• Like 1

Abortion groups and Transgenders are on Trudeau’s favoured action list.   BUT....If you are Pro Life you are worse than dog **bleep** in Trudeauland.

“ As most of you will already know, the Trudeau government recently announced that any organization or business that wishes to apply to the Canada Summer Jobs Program must first prove their eligibility by submitting an “attestation” that affirms their organization’s support of abortion, transgenderism, and a laundry list of other progressive causes. Justin Trudeau’s idea of diversity is limited to those who actually agree with him on nearly every issue, and his government is now setting an extremely dangerous precedent by insisting that Canadians meet certain ideological criteria before becoming eligible for a previously neutral government program.”

https://thebridgehead.ca/2017/12/19/trudeau-government-forced-to-settle-with-pro-life-groups-over-denial-of-grant-funding/

Edited by Jaydee

On 19/12/2017 at 6:38 AM, st27 said:

I also wonder what the Syrian refugees think of this...they are the ones trying to escape from Isis after having THEIR family and friends mudered and tortured. Now the clown is letting them run around over here. 

I would hope they are more **bleep** than we are!

Canada hasn't added any of its 'terrorist travellers' to UN sanctions list

'Where is Canada in terms of supporting our major allies, leading by example and doing the right thing?'

By Evan Dyer, CBC NewsPosted: Dec 20, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Dec 20, 2017 8:08 AM ET

Calgary resident Farah Mohamed Shirdon is on the Interpol wanted list and has been charged in Canada in absentia with terrorism-related offences.

Calgary resident Farah Mohamed Shirdon is on the Interpol wanted list and has been charged in Canada in absentia with terrorism-related offences. (YouTube)

Photo of Evan Dyer

Evan Dyer
Senior Reporter

Evan Dyer has been a journalist with CBC for 18 years, after an early career as a freelancer in Argentina. He works in the Parliamentary Bureau and can be reached at evan.dyer@cbc.ca.

The Canadian government insists it's using "all available tools" to find, detain and convict citizens who have travelled overseas for the purposes of terrorism, but it hasn't submitted a single name to the UN committee that maintains a sanctions list of international jihadists.

UN Resolution 2253 encourages all member states to actively submit the names of individuals and entities that support ISIS and al-Qaeda.

British, French, German and American citizens all figure among the 256 individuals on the list. Arab countries have provided the majority of the names, but many other countries including Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Turkey, Bosnia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Indonesia and the Philippines have also listed citizens. Even the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago has a citizen on the list.

But there are no Canadians. Some other countries that have seen citizens leave on jihad, including Sweden and Belgium, have also not responded to Resolution 2253. 

When a country lists an individual, he or she is issued a permanent reference number to assist countries in identifying them. Their description, aliases, known addresses and associations, and identity documents are published as Interpol "special notices," with instructions to all states to "prevent the entry into or transit through their territories of these individuals."

The resolution also requires all countries to freeze any assets belonging to individuals on the list.

At Ottawa's request, Interpol has issued "red notices" for seven Canadians accused of involvement in jihadist extremism including Farah Shirdon, John Maguire and Khadar Khalib. But unlike the Interpol notices issued for those on the UN list, the public Interpol notices issued for the seven Canadians don't include passports, birth certificates, past addresses, or details about their suspected activities.

Public Interpol notices for UN-listed individuals also include aliases, typically several for each individual. Ottawa-born Khadar Khalib used the alias Abdul Baqi Hanif as an ISIS fighter, but that name is not on his Interpol notice. None of the seven Canadian public notices includes an alias.

The government has estimated that about 180 people have left Canada for terrorist purposes and not returned. 

'Designated global terrorist'

Some Canadians who've joined groups in Iraq and Syria have risen to prominence in the jihadist world, but they still haven't been listed by their own country with the UN.

Farah Shirdon, a Calgary man who joined ISIS in 2014, was declared a "specially designated global terrorist" by the U.S., which described him as "a prominent ISIS fighter and recruiter" who was also involved in fundraising. He appeared in a video filmed in Syria where he threatened Canada and burned his Canadian passport.

The U.S. government says it believes it killed Shirdon in an airstrike in Mosul, but the RCMP says it hasn't seen compelling proof that he's dead.

Tarek Sakr, a 30-year-old former pharmacology student from Montreal, was also named a specially designated global terrorist by the U.S. after he joined al-Nusra, the Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda. 

The RCMP believes Khadar Khalib went to fight for ISIS in Syria or Iraq. Canada hasn't added his name to the UN sanctions list that targets international jihadists. (CBC)

"Regardless of which names appear on the UN lists," said Public Safety Canada spokesperson Andrew Gowing, "Canada has a number of domestic tools in place to address terrorism and extremist travellers."

He said Canada maintains its own list of terrorist entities, which helps law enforcement to prosecute terrorists and their supporters. When an entity is put on the list, he said, banks and financial institutions freeze its assets and Canadians are "not allowed to knowingly deal with such assets."

But non-Canadians are far less likely to see a Canadian list than the UN list.

And Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale has said many of the Canadians who travelled to Iraq and Syria are now likely to move on to third countries, rather than return to Canada.

'It shows that Canada has been a follower, not a leader, when it comes to driving global intelligence exchange.'-  Christian Leuprecht, Royal Military College

That makes international lists all the more important, says Christian Leuprecht of the Royal Military College in Kingston, Ont.

"In places where there are virtually no functioning state institutions, or states where we simply can't trust the intelligence exchange, or countries that won't talk to each other, like Morocco and Algeria, or Saudi Arabia and Qatar, it is a way of overcoming those collective action problems," he said.

"You get the worst offenders on the lists precisely so they can't exploit those ... problems to try to make their way through the region."

A 'follower, not a leader'

Leuprecht says Canada has other mechanisms it may be using more effectively such as the Five Eyes intelligence group, which also includes the U.S., U.K., Australia and New Zealand.

But he says that's not a reason to neglect the UN list, which has been important in getting countries that aren't traditionally co-operative to provide information on their most dangerous citizens.

Nor would it help in cases where Canadian extremists fleeing Iraq and Syria try to cross into neighbouring countries that aren't privy to Five Eyes intelligence.

"There are countries here that are leading by example: the Americans, the British, the French, the Germans. Where is Canada in terms of supporting our major allies, leading by example and doing the right thing?" he said.

"It shows that Canada has been a follower, not a leader, when it comes to driving global intelligence exchange. And for a government that purports to be multilateralist and working through the UN, at a minimum you'd expect Canada to put some names on the list."

Other Countries got the message also.  

Jerusalem: UN resolution rejects Trump's declaration

• 40 minutes ago

The UN General Assembly has decisively backed a resolution effectively calling on the US to withdraw its recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The text says that any decisions regarding the status of the city are "null and void" and must be cancelled.

The non-binding resolution was approved by 128 states, with 35 abstaining and nine others voting against.

It came after US President Donald Trump threatened to cut financial aid to those who backed the resolution.

Before the vote, the Palestinian foreign minister urged member states to reject "blackmail and intimidation".

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, meanwhile, said it would reject the anticipated result "outright" and dismissed the UN as a "house of lies".

How did UN members vote?

• The nine who voted against the resolution were the US, Israel, Guatemala, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Togo
  • Among the 35 abstaining were Canada and Mexico
  • Those voting in favour included the other four permanent members of the UN Security Council (China, France, Russia and the UK) as well as key US allies in the Muslim world
  • There were 21 countries who did not turn up for the vote.

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Trudeau afraid of the blow back maybe  ??? :P :P

Canada will abstain from Jerusalem vote at UN General Assembly

President Donald Trump has threatened to cut off U.S. funding to countries that oppose

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-jerusalem-un-1.4460257

Amazing, he realized that biting the hand of a nation ) that we are negotiating NAFTA  with, would be dumb no matter how much he wants make points with the UN. 

The United Nations is a useless organization.

Just a place for tin-pot nations (such as Canada under Trudeau) to go and mouth-off.

• Like 2

The UN named Wonder Woman as Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women. Not to be outdone, the Hamilton Ont. Children’s Aid Society just argued in court that the Easter Bunny is an essential part of Canadian culture… It’s actually starting to scare me.

Imagine yourself wearing a blue hat and trying to explain this to village elders in South Sudan.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Another  article taken with a grain of salt but it makes you go Hhhhmmmm....

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonokoski-trudeaus-unforgivable-audience-with-joshua-boyle

Nahhh .... just a coincidence.

interesting timeline that Boyle would be a sympathizer to the Kadhr family and just happen to gain a meeting with Trudeau in 06, albeit before the little prince entered politics. Why would Trudeau be interested with this guy???

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2017/10/12/joshua-boyle-hes-perhaps-best-known-for-his-link-to-khadr-family

14 minutes ago, Fido said:

The only thing that 'Little Potatoe' is good at is saying "I Sorry"

Canada’s new leader, Justin Trudeau, was a schoolteacher

By Valerie Strauss October 20, 2015 

Justin Trudeau, 43, is the new prime minister-designate of Canada now that his Liberal Party won enough parliamentary seats in the country’s federal election  Monday to form a majority government.  Trudeau has an unusual resume for a prime minister — and it’s not that his father was the famous Canadian leader Pierre Trudeau. Justin Trudeau taught in public and private school. Subjects: math, French, drama, humanities.

Trudeau clearly likes to be in school, and was reported to have been a good student, at least according to this ebook, “The Contender: The Justin Trudeau Story,” by Althia Raj, the Huffington Post’s Ottawa bureau chief.

He has a bachelor’s degree from McGill University in literature, as well as a bachelor’s of education that he started at McGill and completed at the University of British Columbia. He started but did not finish a degree in engineering at l’École Polytechnique in Montreal, and he took one year of a master’s program in environmental geography at McGill, according to Radio Canada.decided to become a teacher, he has said, to have “a positive influence in the world.”

At McGill University, where he earned his bachelor of arts in English and started his bachelor of education (he completed it at the University of British Columbia), Trudeau was a good student. The book says that after working as a “supply,” or substitute teacher at the public Prince of Wales Secondary School, he got a regular teaching job at West Point Grey Academy, an elite private school for Grades 8-12. The book says:

Between 1999 and 2001, Trudeau taught elementary school math and high school French, humanities and drama, taking over a class when a teacher went on maternity leave. Trudeau’s boss, the head of the senior school, Stephen Anthony, describes him as “highly valued, spirited and enthusiastic teacher” who was liked by staff and students.

Although Trudeau spent most of his teaching time at West Point Grey, his campaign plays down the fact that he taught mostly rich kids.

During an interview with Global BC this January, in which he stressed his B.C. connections, Trudeau fibbed and said he had spent more time teaching at Sir Winston Churchill, a public school, than at West Point Grey.

“I lived here for five or six years, I absolutely loved it. I did a large part of my teaching here. And I was teaching mostly at [the public] Winston Churchill secondary school up on Oak. And I loved it,” Trudeau told interviewer Jas Johal.

The book also says that many students at West Point Grey “remember Trudeau fondly.”

On his Liberal Party’s Web site, he says this about being a teacher:

After graduating from McGill in 1994 with a B.A., I found myself with a lot of time to think about my life and my future. That summer, in a quiet moment of reflection on a hillside, I realized my next step: I would become a schoolteacher. This would be my way of having a positive influence in the world.

Before I knew it I had graduated from the University of British Columbia’s education program and was teaching in Vancouver, mostly in French and math.

After years of teaching on the West Coast, I decided that it was time to return home to Quebec. I loved Vancouver, had a great group of friends, loved the mountains and the ocean, but at thirty, I was starting to feel that it was time to settle down and possibly start a family. I couldn’t imagine that happening anywhere other than Montreal.

A compilation of all your favourites......This will either put a smile on your face, Jaydee, or make you pour another one (or both!)

My all time favourite at 3:30.....

• Thanks 1