• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to see here folks....move along and don’t ask questions.....oh yeah, clear and transparent government: https://nationalpost.com/news/ontario-mp-marwan-tabbara-charged-with-assault-break

Ten men go out for beer. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this: The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

Nope.  Any business that rides the "black-owned" declaration is not innocent.  You understand the difference, right?  I'm not opposed to a black owned business, I'm opposed to a black owned business t

Posted Images

Aging population and historically high spending pre-COVID mean no balanced budget for next 30 years

VANCOUVER—The federal government will not balance its budget over the next 30 years as a result of Canada’s aging population and Ottawa’s historically high spending, which existed before the COVID-19 pandemic and may be increased further in the Throne Speech, finds a new study by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan Canadian public policy think-tank.

“Before any potential new spending is announced in the Throne Speech, Ottawa is facing decades of red ink that will inevitably weaken Canada’s federal finances and place a real burden on future generations,” said Jake Fuss, economist at the Fraser Institute and co-author of Canada's Aging Population and Long-Term Projections for Federal Finances.

The study estimates deficits ranging from 2.6 per cent to 3.1per cent of GDP between 2021 and 2050 based on conservative assumptions, including no recession and both inflation and interest rates remaining low.

Federal debt is estimated to increase from 49.1 per cent of GDP in 2020 to 69.6 per cent by 2050, again based on comparatively conservative assumptions.

“It’s important to recognize that we’re on track to accumulate federal debt at a level higher than existed in the early 1990s when the country faced a near debt and currency crisis, and this is before any new potential spending announced in the Throne Speech,” commented Fuss.

The main driver of the deficits is Canada’s aging population, which means more retirees relative to the number of workers. The share of the population over 65 has already risen to 18.0 per cent and is expected to reach 24.1 per cent by 2050.

“The aging of the population means more government spending on programs like Old Age Security and health care at the same time that there’s fewer people (as a proportion of the population) working to pay taxes,” explained Fuss.

“The imbalance we’re already seeing between Ottawa’s spending and revenues is only going to get worse as Canada’s population continues to age,” said Steven Globerman, resident scholar at the Fraser Institute, professor emeritus at Western Washington University and study co-author.

“Governments face a choice: either reform spending and enact policies to improve economic growth to mitigate the effects of our aging population or run substantial deficits for decades.”

2B7B8177-3516-46BB-9F83-D4DAD8AB5CF6.jpeg

Found this gem.

" I need to rant for a minute. 

I'm getting old and I’ve worked hard all my life. I have made my reputation - the good and the bad. I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I have busted ass to get where I am in life. 
I have juggled my job, my family, and I’ve made countless sacrifices up front to secure a  good life for myself and my children. It wasn’t always easy and still isn't, but I did it all while maintaining my integrity and my principles. I’ve never put anyone beneath myself or denied help to anyone. I have friends of every walk of life and if you’re in my circle, it should be understood that I don’t have to remind you of what I’d be willing to do for you. 

However....

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. People who have sacrificed nothing and feel entitled to receive everything.

I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it themselves.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which, no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talk like their opinions matter to the common man. I’m tired of any of them pretending they can even relate to the life and bank account that I have.

I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor. I’m tired of the greed, everybody always wanting more.

I’m tired of being labeled as a racist because I am white. Because I am proud of my heritage, the same way black, Asian and native people are proud of theirs. 
I never stole any ones land, I never owned slaves and neither has anyone up my line of genealogy...

I’m tired of being told I need to accept the latest political fad, or politically correct stupidity, or blindly accept a group that would smile while stoning me because I won’t convert to their point of view - because I won’t cover my face. 

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. Especially the ones that want me to fund it. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems. 

No one is entitled to anything. You have a choice to work, a choice to stay off drugs - a choice to make something of yourself. I have nothing to do with your choice. That's all on you. 

You are entitled to what you earn.

I didn’t earn this for you. I didn’t put in the time, and the effort, and miss out on christmases and birthdays and soccer games for you. I did this for my family. I EARNED this life for my family. You could have done the same. 

You, and your government, have no right to reach into the pot I work so hard to fill."

• Like 1

It is now considered offensive to question the gun policy of Justin Trudeau by the folks at YouTube. 
This video was doing well, now it is hidden and if you do find it, you must click through this warning. Would be a shame if you all watched it and shared this message. 

9 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Aging population and historically high spending pre-COVID mean no balanced budget for next 30 years

VANCOUVER—The federal government will not balance its budget over the next 30 years as a result of Canada’s aging population and Ottawa’s historically high spending, which existed before the COVID-19 pandemic and may be increased further in the Throne Speech, finds a new study by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan Canadian public policy think-tank.

“Before any potential new spending is announced in the Throne Speech, Ottawa is facing decades of red ink that will inevitably weaken Canada’s federal finances and place a real burden on future generations,” said Jake Fuss, economist at the Fraser Institute and co-author of Canada's Aging Population and Long-Term Projections for Federal Finances.

The study estimates deficits ranging from 2.6 per cent to 3.1per cent of GDP between 2021 and 2050 based on conservative assumptions, including no recession and both inflation and interest rates remaining low.

Federal debt is estimated to increase from 49.1 per cent of GDP in 2020 to 69.6 per cent by 2050, again based on comparatively conservative assumptions.

“It’s important to recognize that we’re on track to accumulate federal debt at a level higher than existed in the early 1990s when the country faced a near debt and currency crisis, and this is before any new potential spending announced in the Throne Speech,” commented Fuss.

The main driver of the deficits is Canada’s aging population, which means more retirees relative to the number of workers. The share of the population over 65 has already risen to 18.0 per cent and is expected to reach 24.1 per cent by 2050.

“The aging of the population means more government spending on programs like Old Age Security and health care at the same time that there’s fewer people (as a proportion of the population) working to pay taxes,” explained Fuss.

“The imbalance we’re already seeing between Ottawa’s spending and revenues is only going to get worse as Canada’s population continues to age,” said Steven Globerman, resident scholar at the Fraser Institute, professor emeritus at Western Washington University and study co-author.

“Governments face a choice: either reform spending and enact policies to improve economic growth to mitigate the effects of our aging population or run substantial deficits for decades.”

2B7B8177-3516-46BB-9F83-D4DAD8AB5CF6.jpeg

Easy fix.  Lift all restrictions and let everyone get back to work.  the economy will grow.  Then a whack of people will get infected and the old people will get it and get sick and die.  2 birds one stone.

/sarcasm

I would bet good $$$ she voted Liberal !! A real charmer this one ! :excl:

Ricin letter: Quebec woman charged with threatening the U.S. president

A Quebec woman accused of sending envelopes containing the poisonous substance ricin to the White House has now been charged with threatening U.S. President Donald Trump.

During a brief court appearance on Tuesday in Buffalo, N.Y., Pascale Ferrier of Quebec had a plea of not-guilty entered on her behalf. She is being held without bail and is due back in court on Sept. 28.

Ferrier, 53, was arrested at the New York-Ontario border on Sunday.

According to an affidavit filed on Tuesday by an FBI bomb technician, Ferrier mentioned that she may be "wanted by the FBI" for the ricin letters during her arrest at U.S. Customs.She was also carrying a loaded gun in her waistband at the time and had a knife on her person.

The affidavit also revealed portions of what was allegedly written in the letters.

In a letter addressed to Trump, the affidavit says, Ferrier told the president to "give up and remove your application for this election." She allegedly wrote that the ricin was her "gift" to him and if it did not work, she would find a recipe for another poison or use her gun against the president.

You can follow all the developments between U.S. presidential candidates Joe Biden and Donald Trump on our new Facebook group

According to the affidavit, fingerprints belonging to  Ferrier were found on the envelope and the letter, as well as six similar envelopes and letters sent to addresses in Texas

U.S. officials said the letter was intercepted on Friday before reaching its destination. All mail for the White House is sorted and screened at an offsite facility before reaching the president’s official residence.

During the investigation, the FBI say they discovered that six additional letters containing ricin appeared to have been received in Texas in September. According to court documents, those letters "contained similar language" to the letter that was sent to Trump and were sent to people affiliated with facilities where Ferrier had been jailed in 2019.

During her court appearance on Tuesday, Ferrier -- through an interpreter -- asked for an identity hearing, which would force the government to prove that she is the person for whom the arrest warrant was issued for, and a probable cause hearing, which forces the government to prove there is sufficient cause to proceed in the matter.

In Facebook and Twitter posts in September, Ferrier also wrote "#killTrump" and used similar wording as she did in the letter, calling him an "Ugly Clown Tyrant," according to the affidavit.

Ferrier, originally from France, became a Canadian citizen in November 2015 and is a computer programmer, according to sources.

She moved back to Laval last spring, weeks after being released from a prison in Texas.

Court documents show that in 2019, she was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and knowingly using a fake Texas driver’s license. According to arrest records, Ferrier spent three months in jail.

A team that specializes in biohazards swarmed a Montreal-area condo on Monday morning, evacuating several units as they looked for evidence connected to the ricin-laced letter sent to the White House.

The home is located in a multi-unit building on Vauquelin Blvd. in St-Hubert, Que., bordering a forest and not far from an airport.

RCMP said they didn't know if Ferrier lived at the condo, but added that there was a clear connection between her and the home.

"There's a link between the female suspect that was arrested in Buffalo, New York yesterday and this residence," RCMP Cpl. Charles Poirier said Monday, explaining to reporters in St-Hubert that police had a search warrant for the residence.

An RCMP team dedicated to chemical threats and explosives is leading the ongoing investigation, with support from local police and fire units.

Canadian law enforcement was called to help the FBI investigate after American authorities found evidence the ricin-laced letter to the White House had originated in Canada.

Ricin is a deadly substance extracted from castor beans. It is a plant that is not restricted and is easy to grow. With enough exposure, the poison can be fatal within 36 to 72 hours. There is no specific test for exposure and no antidote.

This isn't the first time a U.S. president has been sent ricin. Letters containing the substance and addressed to former president Barack Obama were intercepted on two separate occasions in 2013.

In those cases, each of the accused pleaded guilty to possession of a toxin for use as a weapon and received sentences between 18 and 25 years in prison.

None of the charges against Ferrier have been tested or proven in court.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2020/9/22/1_5114674.amp.html

0038F2E7-C9F6-49E8-B9B9-476B174FE3E5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

I would bet good $$$ she voted Liberal !! A real charmer this one ! :excl:

Not most who voted Liberal even compares to this nut. Probably just plain insane like others of her ilk.  Thank whoever that is the case.

8 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Not any who voted Liberal even compares to this nut. Not do those who voted conservative . Probably just plain insane like others of her ilk.  Thank whoever that is the case and the crazies remain, so far, in the minority.

Typical, he seems to think that our money is his to do with whatever he wants.  Promise to "Shoulder Debt".  BS all he is doing in increasing the debt load and Canadians will eventually have to SHOULDER>

Coronavirus: Trudeau says government will keep investing to ‘shoulder debt’ over Canadians

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Wednesday said that the federal government would keep investing to help Canadians because he would rather the government “shoulder debt” over the public, including by extending the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) through to next summer. He said the Canada Emergency Business Account would also be expanded to help business owners.

“ When blackface becomes brown face and brown face becomes makeup and the entire sordid affair becomes a lesson in systemic Canadian racism and an invitation for further discussion, you end up with a serious credibility issue for anyone with an ounce of worldly experience. “

" THE SPEECH JUSTIN TRUDEAU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN, BUT WON'T

My fellow Liberals, my fellow Canadians.

Last week, I spoke about the scandal that has hit my campaign. I didn’t do it right, so I’m now going to try again.

First things first: over and over, I used the wrong pronoun. I talked about how “we,” as a country, need to do better. How “we” need to be less racist.

I got that wrong. I shouldn’t have said “we.” I should have said “I.” Because I - not we - was the one who smeared stuff all over my face and my body and mocked black people.

It was I - not we - who was racist. Me. Repeatedly - as a high school student in Montreal, and then as a teacher of high school students in Vancouver.

When I was thirty years old. When I was a man, not a boy. When I was supposed to know better.

In the video that came out, everyone focussed on the blackface-style racism, and they should have. But they missed something, maybe because the video was grainy.

In it, I’m wearing a T-shirt with bananas on the front. I’ve stuffed something down the front of my jeans. And I jump around like an ape.

I did all of that to communicate something that I’m amazed so many of you missed. I did it to suggest that blacks are apes. Which was the worst kind of racism.

Oh, in case you are wondering if I did blackface more than those three times, the answer is yes: I did. I repeatedly, and gleefully, acted like a racist. I can’t remember every detail because I was wasted.

The people who work for me have all forgiven me, of course. What do you expect? When the boss asks people for forgiveness, they will always give it.

But I must say that Liberal MPs of colour - Navdeep Bains, Omar Alghabra, Greg Fergus - surprised even me with how speedily they pronounced me without sin. I think we all know that if Andrew Scheer had done blackface on Halloween at the age of five, Navdeep, Omar and Greg would be convening a Human Rights Tribunal right now to have Scheer thrown in a gulag in Nunavut for the rest his life.

Because black face is racist. What I did was racist. I wanted to communicate that black people are worthy of mockery. That they are apes. That they belong in cages. That’s as racist as it gets.

Now, last week, I tried to excuse away my racism by saying I was a child of privilege. That I had grown up with a “blind spot” about such things. But we all know that’s a lie.

Growing up rich, and going to the best schools - being a child of privilege - doesn’t excuse my racism. In fact, it’s the reverse: it makes my racism all the more wrong. I, growing up in the house of the man who gave Canada a Charter of Rights, should have known better.

Anyway, words are cheap. I apologize for stuff all the time, to the point where the apologies have no meaning anymore. All that matters is actions, not words.

So, I will now do what I should’ve done last week. I intend to resign the office of the Prime Minister soon after the election, win or lose. And, by the way, I’m amazed I could still win it. That says a lot more about Canadians that it does about me, frankly.

So, there you go. I need time to get away and learn to be a better Dad, a better husband, a better man. I can’t do that as Prime Minister of Canada.

Because words can’t excuse what I did.

Because what I did was racist.

Thank you."

D0D8FD53-7B7A-403E-B4C4-E233E006A3F0.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1

Don Martin: The prime minister talks turkey in a political address to the nation

OTTAWA -- What. Was. THAT??

A prime minister calling for time across Canadian airwaves is a BIG DEAL and thus very rarely done

It’s not allowed to be political posturing. It’s supposed to be a five-alarm siren on a matter of national significance from a prime minister who believes urgent information must be fed directly into Canadian ears.

So what does Justin Trudeau do when his demand for 15 minutes of unedited access to the airwaves was granted under the assumption it NOT be political?

In that weird breathlessness he saves for his most dramatic conversations, Trudeau warned Canadians their Thanksgiving turkey is likely cooked by the coronavirus and they might as well cancel the family feast now. Then he dangled the faint hope of Christmas salvation IF we wear masks, download the government COVID-19 tracking app and get a flu shot.

That glum scenario hardly qualifies as news-bulletin material being released by a leader with unique insights to share. It barely rates as a news story, being the parroting of what public health officials have already said about the second wave being upon many of us.

And then Trudeau dived into an overtly-partisan listing of government actions already taken and those to come, provided the throne speech gets passed by Parliament.

It was political grandstanding masked as a public service message, a transparent and shallow attempt to paste Trudeau’s face over the throne speech highlight reel instead of leaving all the television clips to a disinterested reading by scandal-tainted Gov. Gen. Julie Payette.

Not to be outdone with this flexing of prime ministerial power, Trudeau’s opposition rivals jumped on the free political advertising bandwagon with highly partisan televised reactions of their own.

Clearly the last week or two have given Canadians an ominous preview of COVID cases building into a tsunami-sized wave on case projection charts.

It’s an emerging emergency which could’ve justified a national address, provided Trudeau’s 6,000-word action plan had not been read to rapture-level media coverage just four hours earlier.

All he did in the prime-time address was echo the throne speech’s pandemic as priority one and repeat the ways his government will help millions of Canadians through the approaching winter of self-isolation discontent.

To be fair, the government did launch a flotilla of lifeboats aimed at keeping COVID-displaced Canadian workers, ravaged retailers, vulnerable seniors, disadvantaged women and daycare-dependent families afloat in the second wave. (The resulting deficits which will confront post-pandemic taxpayers are going to be truly staggering).

But to flesh it out with a hodgepodge of less-urgent, undelivered or oft-repeated priorities dilutes an agenda which should be almost solely fixated on the medical and economic trauma this country is facing.

For example, it’s a safe bet Canada will be two billion trees shy of the two billion trees this government again promised to plant in the Wednesday speech by the time we head to the polls. That and most of the other non-pandemic initiatives will be quickly moved to the back-burner.

But, getting back to the address, for Trudeau to graft his message onto the throne speech was blatant duplication for purely political purposes.

Trudeau and the other party leaders will get their opportunity for an official Hansard-recorded reaction to the throne speech in the House of Commons on Thursday.

What more Trudeau can say after his urgent national address the day before is hard to imagine, unless he’s about to scare off Hallowe’en as well.

Here’s hoping the next time Trudeau demands access to the nation’s airwaves, the networks will say his turkey was cooked in 2020 when he deemed a threat to Thanksgiving worthy of a national broadcast alert.

Then they should tell Trudeau they’ll wait and air his Christmas greeting instead.

That’s the bottom line.

Edited by Jaydee

Any time I returned from a deployment and my wife picked me up, one of our stops on the way home was always the Super Store.

It became a tradition, I was always blown away by the amount and variety of produce on display, the air conditioning and the colour green (on the drive back from the airport). Green was always an assault on the senses for the first few hours, almost surreal.

Sad eh? Guess ya had to be there.... BTW, anyone who was had nothing bad to say about capitalism.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Here’s an example of how capitalism can be explained, rather than trying to redistribute the wealth, make the rich pay, etc. that seems to be taking hold in this country:

A guy looked at my Corvette the other day and said, "I wonder how many people could have been fed for the money that sports car cost."

I replied I am not sure, it fed a lot of families in Bowling Green, Kentucky who built it, it fed the people who make the tires, it fed the people who made the components that went into it, it fed the people in the copper mine who mined the copper for the wires, it fed people in Decatur IL. at Caterpillar who make the trucks that haul the copper ore. It fed the trucking people who hauled it from the plant to the dealer and fed the people working at the dealership and their families.  BUT,… I have to admit, I guess I really don’t know how many people it fed.

That is the difference between capitalism and welfare mentality.  When you buy something, you put money in people’s pockets and give them dignity for their skills.  When you give someone something for nothing, you rob them of their dignity and self worth.

Capitalism is freely giving your money in exchange for something of value.  Socialism is taking your money against your will by the government under the belief they know how to spend it better and more efficiently than you including giving it to others. 

• Thanks 1

From two years ago...let's NEVER forget what the Liberals are all about !!!

This is Catherine Campbell. Study her face. Remember it. She was a police officer and a volunteer firefighter. She was brutally slaughtered by a man posing as a romantic interest, her lifeless body stuffed in a recycle bin that he casually wheeled through town and dumped her under a bridge where it rotted for 5 days before being found. 

The killer claims he gave himself PTSD that day and because his dad served, he receives special health benefits usually reserved for those who actually served. A 30 year old woman killer who never served a day in his life is being supported by Veterans Affairs while real, contributing veterans wait for help, often too long, and it's too late. 

The Liberals voted down a motion to cut off the benefits to this violent cop killer, they voted in favour to continue his support. To the family of Miss Campbell, I can't even fathom how betrayed you feel. 

Is this your government? If you voted Liberal hang your head in shame.

D37F6D08-90B0-4594-83C8-AFC76D72724D.jpeg

7935AC02-E1C7-4C59-A1AC-272F7C2ACF8A.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

Where your tax $$$$ are being spent !!

Solidarity among transgender Peruvians and how Black Lives Matter is helping Quebec youth cope with the coronavirus pandemic are among the programs receiving a piece of millions of dollars in COVID-19 research funding from the federal Liberal government.

The $4 million funding package was announced by Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains Monday, to be distributed to 172 different projects in the social sciences and humanities. 

“These grants provide short-term and timely support for partnered research activities that will inform decision-making in the public, private or not-for-profit sector,” said a news release.

Among the funded research projects is “COVID-19, Serious Leisure, and Risk Tolerance: A case study of a crossfit gym”, which received $24,246 in funding. 

Taxpayers will also be billed $25,000 for research on “mapping Canada’s potential to shift to a cycling nation post-pandemic.” 

Meanwhile, researchers at McGill University will be given $25,000 to study “how the Black Lives Matter Protests have given Quebec Black young adults a chance to recover from the damaging psychological effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Two University of Toronto researchers, alongside a researcher from Peru’s Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, are getting $24,660 for “Testimonios of COVID-19 Violence and Solidarity among Peruvian Transgender Communities.”

The Liberals also devoted tens of thousands in taxpayer funding to pressing matters like “tackling systemic inequalities through the arts,” “re-conceptualizing young people theatre collaborative playwriting initiative for digitally mediated spaces,” and “music listening habits of Canadians during COVID-19 pandemic. 

Other projects which also received funding include: 

• COVID-19. Identifying mental wellness needs for racial/ethnic minority factory workers during and post- public health emergencies: to inform COVID-19 response – $25,000
  • COVID 19 The Stream You Step In: Creating a Communal Theatre Experience in the Time of COVID – $19,942
  • COVID-19 and Sex Trafficking: Understanding Intersections and Amplification of Precarity for Survivors of Labour Exploitation in the Sex Industry in the Durham Region – $24,498
  • COVID-19: Advocating for resiliency through understanding the differential impacts of COVID-19 for Black Montrealers – $24,508

The funding is coming through the Partnership Engage Grants COVID-19 Special Initiative. First announced in May, the program is overseen by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. 

“SSHRC’s investment in these diverse partnered research projects will advance critical knowledge needed to address the impacts of COVID-19 and the social, cultural and economic challenges facing citizens, communities and businesses in Canada and around the world,” said SSHRC President Ted Hewitt. 

A full list of the award recipients can be found on the SSHRC website.

• Thanks 1

TRUMP AND TRUDEAU: BROTHERS OF ANOTHER MOTHER

Trump and Trudeau: They’re not that different, really.

Sons of millionaires. Never had to worry about a hydro bill, never needed to fret about a mortgage payment. Never experienced the pocketbook terror that is everyday existence for lesser mortals.

Bodyguards, maids, chauffeurs, private jets: These were the emblems of the lives that Trudeau and Trump led and lead. They breathed the same rarefied air as other millionaires and billionaires. They got invited to all the right parties. We in the media hung on their every utterance, stupidly believing that being born rich renders someone worth listening to.

No military service for either. No involvement in government before they both somehow seized the top job. No known ideas or policies. But models, yes. Lots.

And famous. Trump became famous for The Apprentice, and for his expert manipulation of New York City’s viciously competitive media. He’s the assignment editor for all journalists, and he bragged about it in his various ghosted books. Said he in The Art of the Deal: “Most reporters, I find, have very little interest in exploring the substance of a detailed proposal for a development. They look instead for the sensational angle.”

Trudeau gets that, too. He became famous because of the sensational eulogy he gave to his father — the one that his pal, Gerald Butts, told everyone that he wrote — and he became even more famous when he sensationally beat up an indigenous man.

He actually bragged about that. Trudeau actually crowed that he consciously targeted an indigenous man for a public beating. Said Trudeau to Rolling Stone: “I wanted someone who would be a good foil, and we stumbled upon the scrappy, tough-guy senator from an indigenous community. He fit the bill. I saw it as the right kind of narrative, the right story to tell.”

So: Rich, privileged, famous. There’s a reason why Trump and Trudeau have mostly gotten along so well: They both are charter members of the lucky sperm club.

But there is one characteristic that they share above all others. There is one thing, in government and out, that makes them brothers of another mother.

They believe the rules don’t apply to them.

This week, Trump reminded us of that. This week, we learned that he really, truly had called the newly minted president of Ukraine, and requested, seven times, that Ukraine investigate a U.S. citizen, one Joe Biden. Conservatives may not regard that as a “high crime,” but it sure as hell is at least a “misdemeanour” — and, therefore, an impeachable offence.

And how did we get the evidence that Democrats are now relying upon to impeach Trump? Well, they got it from Trump himself. He provided his political executioners with the rope they needed to fashion a noose.

Because he doesn’t think the law should apply to him.

Ditto Trudeau. He can brag about beating up someone who is indigenous (Patrick Brazeau), he can try and destroy an indigenous woman who refused to break the law for him (Jody Wilson-Raybould), he can wear racist blackface to mock others (black Canadians) — and then brazenly claim he isn’t racist.

(Oh, and he and his cabal can come up with a racist name for NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, too. More on that in my next column.)

Trudeau can do all those racist things, and then insist he believes in tolerance and diversity. Which is standard operating procedure for someone who believes the rules don’t apply to him.

Only one thing differentiates the two leaders right now: Donald Trump is facing impeachment for his sins, and Justin Trudeau isn’t.

Shame, that.

623BA25F-C3ED-460C-A602-27DB49A766FF.jpeg

• Thanks 1