Departure Attitudes

blues deville

How many exchanges does a busy controller need to hear? Was the  pilots (AC460 YYZ-YOW) own call of  “we don’t have the whole picture” not enough to keep him quiet? When the controller said “It’s enough” I took that as the instructions as given are sufficient. I think the pilot heard “that’s enough” and was annoyed. ATC had already said thanks for the offer and the exchange should have ended. With the voice change, I think the original controller was pulled from his seat. (Edit: I believe the follow up conversation was on the next freq. So perhaps the Dep controller kept working. Hard to tell with these audio recordings)

I'm probably in the minority but I think the pilot was a jerk....

He has enough info to reference his beef  without going postal over getting the controllers ID and Phone number.

Date, Flt number, Time of Departure 

Sheesh, talk about enlarged ego

And don't think the controllers don't pick up on a guys voice and "remember".

On my last flight two different area controllers called me by my first name....

How many pilots have taken the time to walk over to an ATC centre and watch them work and introduce yourself.?? 

.I have...... In Canada it was YYZ, YWG,YQM, and YVR

8 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

He has enough info to reference his beef  without going postal over getting the controllers ID and Phone number.

No. I think you've nailed it and  the frequency was tied up with useless conversation with other pilots piling on. Completely unnecessary.

Wtf....let the controllers do the separation...and ya, the pilot didn’t need the big picture...he’s only going to yow!

As far as pulling the tapes, ...has this guy not heard of live atc.net???

Not impressed with Capt Cool.

5 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

I'm pretty certain you are not in the minority! JFK controllers would have chewed this guy up and spit him out for jamming the frequency like that, completely and totally unnecessarily.

19 hours ago, neverminds said:

. I think there is another audio recording of him flying into  or out of JFK/LGA/EWR and being a complete jackass to ATC

Would love to hear that one!

Archived