WS23

AIP

1 hour ago, vanishing point said:

Define “diverted briefly”?

It’s either a diversion...or....not....

Not really.... for example....what if you decide to divert and commence diverting and after an exhaustive discussion with Mtc you decide to go back on track to destination.....the same can be said for a pax and or medical problem..

Start to divert and then change your mind......=...a brief diversion.((you didn't maintain your flt plan route while you initiated a diversion but went back to flt plan after more information changed your decision ?

Can’t agree with that.  Pilots make a decision based on all available information at the time.  Once that decision is put into play, carry it through.  

I prefer to follow these words of wisdom: “We don’t have the fuel for this, Mav....”

1 hour ago, vanishing point said:

Can’t agree with that.  Pilots make a decision based on all available information at the time.  Once that decision is put into play, carry it through.  

I prefer to follow these words of wisdom: “We don’t have the fuel for this, Mav....”

What?? ?

2 hours ago, AIP said:

LGW-YVR
Diverted to YEG, then continued to YVR awhile later.

Was wondering why ??

So was it a medical issue that no longer needed a change of destination? YEG/YVR would not be a big change of routing after a long crossing from LGW. 

10 hours ago, thor said:

I divert all the time around thunder storms. Why is this a big deal if a flight diverts. This is getting petty.

I think you may mean “deviate around weather” but you’re right we’ve beaten this minor operational event to death. Surely there is something for us to dissect?

Archived