First WJ plane in new livery

CanadaEH

Changing a paint scheme is one thing. To completely change your airline name logo/font means everywhere and everything that has that old version on it has to be changed. Lots of dollars spent for no real gain. 

10 hours ago, blues deville said:

Changing a paint scheme is one thing. To completely change your airline name logo/font means everywhere and everything that has that old version on it has to be changed. Lots of dollars spent for no real gain. 

I’m not sure if it’s a blow of cash....

new airplanes out of Boeing...

Swoop... taking revenue aircraft out of service that are owned, not leased, for months, to compete with your own airline....

then I would say your cooking with gas.

The only unknown, of which I refuse to speculate, how will Swoop do?

6 hours ago, lvlchange said:

I’m not sure if it’s a blow of cash....

new airplanes out of Boeing...

Swoop... taking revenue aircraft out of service that are owned, not leased, for months, to compete with your own airline....

then I would say your cooking with gas.

The only unknown, of which I refuse to speculate, how will Swoop do?

If the Swoop airfares are competitive with bus travel than it may have a customer base. Otherwise, I only see WS losing their own passengers. The AC rouge model seems to be working well and the service is good but I don't see this WS/Swoop idea as being the same level or kind of product. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

I never did like the "genius" concept of designing a logo image that's bigger than the place it's supposed to go so that part of it's cut off - don't like the new Westjet cutoff leaf design.  For the record I don't like the AC Rouge livery either for the same reason.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 07.58.42.png

Air Canada rouge Tails YYZ (TMK)(46)-M.jpg

7 minutes ago, seeker said:

I never did like the "genius" concept of designing a logo image that's bigger than the place it's supposed to go so that part of it's cut off - don't like the new Westjet cutoff leaf design.  For the record I don't like the AC Rouge livery either.

OK, then, what do you like? 

1 hour ago, thor said:

OK, then, what do you like? 

I don't much like Westjet's current logo either.  This is not a slam at Westjet because I don't like the Delta logo for the same reason - a coloured chevron doesn't have any inherent connection to the company.  After multiple exposures someone can learn the connection but it's not easy (I'm talking about someone outside the company, obviously employees can make the connection quicker).  A really good logo, IMO, needs to be much more unique than a coloured triangle or a stripe.  Look at national flags as an example - if the flag doesn't have some unique feature or something that specifies something about the country or it's history or place in the world how can you connect them?

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 08.22.31.png

For airline logos I like Air Canada's for the same reason I think Canada's national flag is better than France's - more unique and identifiable.  Big red leaf means Canada, big red leaf on an airplane means Air Canada.  Now, I know someone is thinking it's just many decades of exposure that makes me think they are more identifiable but to someone unfamiliar with them they're no better or different than a coloured chevon or stripe.  I have no way or disproving that other than to say that I think the best logos either clearly state the name of the airline such as Icelandair, JetBlue, Southwest or are unique enough that they couldn't be confused with someone else such as the old American Airlines logo, Air Canada, Alaska.

To summarize:  PanAm logo I like, Continental logo I don't like.

pan-am-airlines-vector-logo.jpg

rTzw1U2.jpg

I'm just happy we have nothing more serious to bitch about. It's not like the world has any despotic nut jobs disguised as "leaders" or religions that brainwash the faithful.  ?

9 minutes ago, J.O. said:

I'm just happy we have nothing more serious to bitch about. It's not like the world has any despotic nut jobs disguised as "leaders" or religions that brainwash the faithful.  ?

The day is not over JO. :)

5 hours ago, J.O. said:

When you read through a newspaper do you also read the comics?  Perhaps you read the the front page and the editorial and throw the rest away unread. Just because something is relatively unimportant doesn't mean there's no reason to not have to disregard it irregardless of it's insignificance and effect or lack thereof upon the rest of your life!  

(Yes, the last sentence is a joke - roll with it.) 

5 hours ago, seeker said:

I never did like the "genius" concept of designing a logo image that's bigger than the place it's supposed to go so that part of it's cut off - don't like the new Westjet cutoff leaf design.  For the record I don't like the AC Rouge livery either for the same reason.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 07.58.42.png

Air Canada rouge Tails YYZ (TMK)(46)-M.jpg

According to my graphic designer/art director daughter it’s called/referred to as “bleeds off”, “masked out” or “cropped”. This is all personal preference but I like the rouge logo and tail. Always hard to put something on the tail of a plane with its limiting shape or size. The DC10/MD11 has an engine in the way!

C3 tried it on one new Boeing due to having the full name repeated on the tail. Another challenge is lettering that is slanted. Always looks wrong on one side.

8B881A56-8F9B-44B3-8A86-E1A32D96304F.jpeg

5CD6B48E-399A-4DCC-8EA9-D33FD40A95D8.jpeg

0B28EDEA-F6F8-43EC-9576-8403C8D6484D.jpeg

Well we could talk about the controversy of the "keep it in your pants" ads for Swoop.  People get offended too easily.

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

Surprising no one. 

The paint job or the remark?  As for me, I think except for the "Spirit of Canada" it looks great.

Archived