Sign in to follow this  
AAS

Ground Collision LAX. UAL & ACA Sept 12 2017

Recommended Posts

Why does the local procedure have the aircraft stop short as opposed to taxiing all the way to the stop line?  Seems like that is a very inefficient process and now apparently a dangerous one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boestar said:

Why does the local procedure have the aircraft stop short as opposed to taxiing all the way to the stop line?  Seems like that is a very inefficient process and now apparently a dangerous one.

 

Good question. AAS can probably tell us in more detail but from my own experience some gates can easily accommodate the aircraft type but due to other surrounding structural issues it must be towed into the final parking position. Another problem is passengers standing after engine shutdown even though the seat belt sign is still on with a reminder PA.

I’ve got one too: What’s the price tag on grounding a 737 and 767 for those repairs?

Edited by blues deville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were prepping to tow it in, so there must be some local restriction at that gate.

Edited by J.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is an issue with the marshaller being visible for WBs because how close they get to the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, runaway said:

Do I see a marshaller at top left giving "thumbs up" right before impact?

That's a 'yes' from me and you've got better eyesight than that ground agent. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 4:09 AM, blues deville said:

Good question. AAS can probably tell us in more detail but from my own experience some gates can easily accommodate the aircraft type but due to other surrounding structural issues it must be towed into the final parking position. Another problem is passengers standing after engine shutdown even though the seat belt sign is still on with a reminder PA.

I’ve got one too: What’s the price tag on grounding a 737 and 767 for those repairs?

The 737's scimitar winglet repair is probably not horrific and they are easily changed but the 767 is going to be a very time consuming and expensive fix.

Edited by Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maverick said:

The 737's scimitar winglet repair is probably not horrific and they are easily changed but the 767 is going to be a very time consuming and expensive fix.

Hopefully fixed by now, since it was in September of last year that this occurred.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this