Ground Collision LAX. UAL & ACA Sept 12 2017

AAS

Why does the local procedure have the aircraft stop short as opposed to taxiing all the way to the stop line?  Seems like that is a very inefficient process and now apparently a dangerous one.

14 minutes ago, boestar said:

Why does the local procedure have the aircraft stop short as opposed to taxiing all the way to the stop line?  Seems like that is a very inefficient process and now apparently a dangerous one.

Good question. AAS can probably tell us in more detail but from my own experience some gates can easily accommodate the aircraft type but due to other surrounding structural issues it must be towed into the final parking position. Another problem is passengers standing after engine shutdown even though the seat belt sign is still on with a reminder PA.

I’ve got one too: What’s the price tag on grounding a 737 and 767 for those repairs?

On 5/28/2018 at 4:09 AM, blues deville said:

Good question. AAS can probably tell us in more detail but from my own experience some gates can easily accommodate the aircraft type but due to other surrounding structural issues it must be towed into the final parking position. Another problem is passengers standing after engine shutdown even though the seat belt sign is still on with a reminder PA.

I’ve got one too: What’s the price tag on grounding a 737 and 767 for those repairs?

The 737's scimitar winglet repair is probably not horrific and they are easily changed but the 767 is going to be a very time consuming and expensive fix.

18 hours ago, Maverick said:

The 737's scimitar winglet repair is probably not horrific and they are easily changed but the 767 is going to be a very time consuming and expensive fix.

Hopefully fixed by now, since it was in September of last year that this occurred.

Archived