Good news story...

conehead

I don't think that counts as a "good" story - the poles were damaged, the airline replaced them.  The company met it's obligation but they shouldn't have been damaged in the first place - one balances the other.  I'd call it neutral.  One thing that bothers me is the spring-loaded response to go public with a sarcastic social media post as if the airline wouldn't replace the damaged poles.  Why does everyone feel that their first response should be to go nuclear?

2 hours ago, seeker said:

One thing that bothers me is the spring-loaded response to go public with a sarcastic social media post as if the airline wouldn't replace the damaged poles.  Why does everyone feel that their first response should be to go nuclear?

I agree but in this case we could call it a good news story to offset the bad PR that AC received in the first place. 

I'm sure someone somewhere would dredge up the fact that the poles were damaged and spout off that AC did nothing...

In this case the story is warranted and is good news for the Pole Vaulter and tends to offset her "snarly " initial public comments which fueled more resentment for AC, the airline many love to hate.

Possible.....image.jpeg.0ad5169b578147334c5653ce93c234ca.jpeg

PS...I'm damned sure AC was going to replace the poles regardless....:biggrin1:

I guess we will never know but since AC does not serve Qatar where the damage occurred and of course there is the limitation on what a normal passenger would receive for lost or damaged baggage. 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I guess we will never know but since AC does not serve Qatar where the damage occurred and of course there is the limitation on what a normal passenger would receive for lost or damaged baggage. 

Might be a different rate for "sports equipment".....I know it was for my scuba gear when we went south (not on AC).

From AC Website.

Items not accepted as checked baggage

The following items are not accepted as checked baggage because of their overall dimensions:

• Bobsleighs
  • Canoes
  • Hang gliders
  • Luges
  • Vaulting poles
  • Windsurfing equipment

This means that they were shipped via Cargo and the insurance value would likely be replacement value.

34 minutes ago, boestar said:

From AC Website.

Items not accepted as checked baggage

The following items are not accepted as checked baggage because of their overall dimensions:

• Bobsleighs
  • Canoes
  • Hang gliders
  • Luges
  • Vaulting poles
  • Windsurfing equipment

This means that they were shipped via Cargo and the insurance value would likely be replacement value.

Or someone made an exception...... Re value covered, Insurance or declared value for carriage, two quite different things.

Archived