Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Reality 2018

Women's March event canceled over concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'

Women’s March canceled over concerns of being ‘overwhelmingly white’

The Women’s March event slated for January 19th, has been canceled because of concerns of being ‘overwhelmingly white.’

Organizers of a Women’s March rally slated for Northern California next month have canceled the event, saying they were concerned that participants would have been “overwhelmingly white."

In a news release, organizers for the march in Eureka – about 270 miles north of San Francisco – said Friday the "decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march.”

“Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community,” the news release continued.

According to Census Bureau data from July, Humboldt County, where Eureka is the county seat, is 74 percent non-Hispanic white.

“I was appalled to be honest,” Amy Sawyer Long told the Washington Times. “I understand wanting a diverse group. However, we live in a predominantly white area … not to mention how is it beneficial to cancel? No matter the race people still want their voices heard.”

“I understand wanting a diverse group. However, we live in a predominantly white area … not to mention how is it beneficial to cancel? No matter the race people still want their voices heard.”

— Amy Sawyer Long

The rally, which had been planned for Jan. 19, would have commemorated the third anniversary of the original Women’s March, which was held Jan. 21, 2017, the day after President Trump took office.

The group said it is exploring shifting the rally to March to celebrate International Women’s Day.

The Women’s March movement has been marred by complaints from some black and Latina women, who've raised concerns that their input is often disregarded or overlooked, the New York Times reported.

The cancellation of the march in California follows a previous one in Chicago.

Women's March organizers in that city cited high costs and limited volunteer hours as reasons for nixing the annual rally, the Chicago Tribune reported.

“There’s no march, there’s no rally,” said Sara Kurensky, Women’s March Chicago board member. “We’re going to provide ways for people to organize and take action in their local communities.”

WOMEN’S MARCH LEADER CLAIMS SHE WAS KICKED OUT OF PROGRESSIVE GROUP FOR BEING JEWISH, REPORT SAYS

Meanwhile, the Women’s March national leadership has faced accusations of anti-Semitism because of ties to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

In a speech in February, Farrakhan praised a Women's March co-President Tamika Mallory and declared “the powerful Jews are my enemy.”

Leaders of Women’s March Inc. have come under scrutiny for not condemning Farrakhan’s rhetoric fast enough. The Nation of Islam is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

ALYSSA MILANO WON’T SPEAK AT WOMEN’S MARCH UNLESS ORGANIZERS CONDEMN LOUIS FARRAKHAN

Earlier this month, a Washington state chapter of the Women's March disbanded in protest because of the national group's links to anti-Semitism.

Marches and rallies are still planned for Jan. 19 in Washington, D.C., and dozens of other cities nationwide and internationally.

Very sad…you might think that people who choose to travel in such areas are watchful and aware of their surroundings at all times. Mostly, that’s just not the case and you can see it reflected in how they carry themselves and the fact that few will ever run a  brief “what if drill” in their head.

Adventure seekers really need to heed the warnings, they are there for a reason, there is a growing list of countries I would never go to unarmed.

The issue is explained much better in the videos above than I can explain it but the problem, as I see it, is that in the West we have trouble separating the idea of all human life as being equal from the idea of all belief systems and cultures are not equal.   We are told that all cultures are equal and that we must respect the beliefs and attitudes of the people from those cultures but it's simply not true - cultures are not equal.  And, even worse, we allow people into our country without any serious effort at all to filter, screen or even educate them - guy in Toronto a few years ago beat his wife for 45 minutes with a hockey stick and when he was arrested and charged said that he didn't know it was wrong to do so!

I don't have a problem with immigration but I do have a problem with incompatible immigrants.  If it was up to me immigration would go like this;

1).  All immigrants, illegal or otherwise get interviewed before being coached by pro-immigration advocates from leftist NGOs - those who fail are fingerprinted, DNA registered and returned to their home countries. Watch this video if you don't believe this happens: Immigrants being coached to give "correct" answers to government officials in asylum interviews.

2).  Immigrants who pass the interview are placed in a closed educational/housing facility for 6 months or a year to be educated in the laws, customs and expectations of our country.  During this time they are watched carefully for non-compatible attitudes.  Those who fail to show an ability to integrate are fingerprinted, DNA registered and returned to their home country.

3). Probationary citizenship for a period of 10 years to follow - any criminal activity results in immediate revocation of citizenship and deportation.

Show us that you can integrate and are compatible and you're welcome, show us that you can't and aren't and we'll fly you back to your place of origin.

Edited by seeker

39 minutes ago, seeker said:

The issue is explained much better in the videos above than I can explain it but the problem, as I see it, is that in the West we have trouble separating the idea of all human life as being equal from the idea of all belief systems and cultures are not equal.   We are told that all cultures are equal and that we must respect the beliefs and attitudes of the people from those cultures but it's simply not true - cultures are not equal.  And, even worse, we allow people into our country without any serious effort at all to filter, screen or even educate them - guy in Toronto a few years ago beat his wife for 45 minutes with a hockey stick and when he was arrested and charged said that he didn't know it was wrong to do so!

I don't have a problem with immigration but I do have a problem with incompatible immigrants.  If it was up to me immigration would go like this;

1).  All immigrants, illegal or otherwise get interviewed before being coached by pro-immigration advocates from leftist NGOs - those who fail are fingerprinted, DNA registered and returned to their home countries. Watch this video if you don't believe this happens: Immigrants being coached to give "correct" answers to government officials in asylum interviews.

2).  Immigrants who pass the interview are placed in a closed educational/housing facility for 6 months or a year to be educated in the laws, customs and expectations of our country.  During this time they are watched carefully for non-compatible attitudes.  Those who fail to show an ability to integrate are fingerprinted, DNA registered and returned to their home country.

3). Probationary citizenship for a period of 10 years to follow - any criminal activity results in immediate revocation of citizenship and deportation.

Show us that you can integrate and are compatible and you're welcome, show us that you can't and aren't and we'll fly you back to your place of origin.

I would revise item 2 to have the closed educational/housing facility to be located in their country of origin with passage to Canada happening after successful completion of their education / culture exposure.

Regarding the girls that were murdered.

It's hard to feel sorry for people that believe the world is one giant Disney stage..

You can bet the victims were members of the islamic welcoming brigade back at home too.

As unfortunate and untimely as their deaths may be, they do belong in the Darwin Award category.

There seems to be a mentality of “its ok....I got it, it won’t happen to me”  these days.... Despite the noble goals of some travellers, people continue to put themselves in harms way.

The Canadian government warns travellers to avoid all “non-essential travel” to Burkina Faso, particularly the northern area and its borders with Mali, Niger, Benin and Togo because of the threat of terrorism, banditry, and kidnapping.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada/2019/1/5/1_4241773.html

20 minutes ago, DEFCON said:

Regarding the girls that were murdered.

It's hard to feel sorry for people that believe the world is one giant Disney stage..

You can bet the victims were members of the islamic welcoming brigade back at home too.

As unfortunate and untimely as their deaths may be, they do belong in the Darwin Award category.

Not an isolated case by any means, could dozens or hundreds of people who feel/act the same; 

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/quebec-woman-and-travel-companion-feared-missing-in-burkina-faso-family-says

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/nanaimo-adventure-traveller-detained-in-syria-missing-for-more-than-a-month-1.4241344

Leclair described her son as a "world traveller and adventurer" and said he visited a village near the border of Lebanon at the invitation of his girlfriend's brother-in-law, who now lives in Pennsylvania but regularly visits the village.

"I just want him home," Leclair said.

One of Baxter's flights was delayed on his way to Beirut so his luggage arrived after him, she said.

The brother-in-law arranged for a driver to pick him up from the airport in Beirut and drive him to the village, and Baxter said the driver assured him that he would collect his luggage for him, Leclair said.

"The driver said, 'Don't worry, I'm going to pick up your suitcase, don't worry, you just stay and visit.' So he did. And the driver never came back," Leclair said.

Baxter went back to the border and was told the driver had been detained because a metal detector, which is a prohibited item, was in his suitcase, she said.

Baxter is a "history buff" and uses his metal detector as a hobby, but didn't realize it was not permitted across the border, Leclair said.

Not quite the experienced world traveller he thought he was I guess.  Meanwhile Global Affairs says: 

The Global Affairs travel advisory warns all Canadians to avoid travelling to the country because of the ongoing war.

"Syria is not safe for personal travel," says the department's online advisory. "Attempting any form of travel in this very hazardous security environment would place you at grave risk. Criminals, terrorists and armed groups target foreigners for terrorist attacks, assassination and kidnapping for ransom or political gain."  

He decides to go because his girlfriend's brother-in-law thinks it's safe!  Surprise!  Kidnapped, detained.