Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Reality 2018

Collectively, we can't seem to master the obvious, and when hit over the head with it, we howl in surprise and outrage. 

While off topic, this speaks to the question of "what did you think was going to happen?" Seriously now, you knew this was going on Right? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ticketmaster-resellers-lawsuits-1.4834668

Edited by Wolfhunter

Student Editor Fired for ‘Transphobia’ After ‘Women Don’t Have Penises’ Tweet

free speech

In the now deleted-tweet, Mr Sofocleous shared an article titled “Is it a crime to say women don’t have penises?”

The new editor-in-chief of Critique, Sebastián Sánchez-Schilling, tweeted saying he was “happy to announce” the publication would not be “tolerating trans-exclusionary radical feminists or bowing to their pressure”.

Mr Sofocleous hit back at claims he was a bigot and harming transgendered people in an article for The Spectator. He wrote:

“ What harm can it do saying that women don’t have penises? Quite a lot, actually, if my experience is anything to go on. After sharing a statement with that message on Twitter, along with a screenshot from a Spectator article, the backlash was swift. Less than a month after sending that tweet, I had lost my position as president-elect of Humanist Students as well as my role as assistant editor of Durham University’s philosophy society’s undergraduate journal, Critique. I was also given the boot as co-editor-in-chief of Durham University’s online student magazine, the Bubble. All for saying something that many people would surely agree with.

The reaction against me was extreme, yet it was far from exceptional. On campus, the subject of gender is now off limits for those who fail to fall into line with the new orthodoxy: that being a man or a woman is fluid. Anyone who says otherwise is liable to find themselves hounded into silence.

It won’t come as much of a surprise that the National Union of Students is leading the charge on this front. Today, the NUS announced its response to the government’s consultation on changes to the Gender Recognition Act. Among the NUS’s more barmy proposals was calling for an end to ‘coercively assigning gender at birth’. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? In future, it seems we might have to wait to ask the child itself when it grows up.

At Durham university, as well as at other universities, it would be easy to think that the importance of never causing offence is all that matters. This remains the case even when upholding this focus gets in the way of facts, or the right of people to hold differing views on contentious subjects, such as gender. This is why my innocuous tweet resulted in such a fierce reaction. I was told that the reason for my firing from the student journal was because I had ‘belittled trans experiences’. The explanation for my removal as editor of Bubble was worse: my position at the magazine, I was told, required me to be impartial. Being impartial, however, requires having no views at all. At least when it comes to gender.

Worryingly, such views are not only confined to our universities, though. TERFs – a slur used by activists against ‘trans-exclusionary radical feminists’ – who resist the idea of self identification of gender, are hounded off Twitter and routinely targeted online, and in person. The government is also hardly helping matters here by refusing to accept there is even a debate to be had on this subject. When the equalities minister Penny Mordaunt announced the government’s consultation on gender, she said the starting point is that ‘Trans women are women’. But what about those who don’t agree with that statement? In my case, I have found out the hard way: for those who fail to adhere to the new orthodoxy on transgenderism, the punishment is swift. “

Angelos Sofocleous is a philosophy student at Durham university

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/09/how-i-was-hounded-off-campus-for-saying-women-dont-have-penises/

2DBCE828-9F02-4259-A813-5A13D1381C2A.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

This supports my theory that the time has come to vote liberal until all liberals beg, yes BEG, for mercy and protection from the world of stupid they created. Even that's not good enough, I want an apology! Ontario richly deserved another liberal government... all of this nonsense comes at a price and at some point they will turn on each other; becoming more conservative than the conservatives they currently spit at.

More proof the world has gone mad:  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hut8-medicine-hat-bitcoin-mining-1.4834027

Now, out of 100 Canadians, how many have a clue about what's going on here? 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4106403

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

ABSOLUTE MUST WATCH !    ( Caution to those with an aversion to reality...contains some language and common sense triggers ..you WILL  be offended )

Edited by Jaydee

Brilliant.  He is 100% correct.

Remember Rome was once an affluent society before this crap brought it to its knees.

• Like 2

I wonder if this broadcaster still has a job!  .... It would be  required in this pc world.....how dare he speak his mind.

• Like 1

he has a ton of videos out there.  This is what hes known for

21 hours ago, boestar said:

Brilliant.  He is 100% correct.

Remember Rome was once an affluent society before this crap brought it to its knees.

“ Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of **bleep** by the clean end! "

There have been quite a few protests of late, whether it has to do with Doug Ford, alt right, Trump or whatever. It is refreshing to  see from media coverage how much support there actually is for these causes. From the headlines, it sounds like it is the end of the world as we know it. From images, it might be slightly less dramatic.

Queen’s University students protest against professor, Lindsay Shepherd

https://globalnews.ca/news/4483490/queens-university-protest/

1 hour ago, st27 said:

a] Why is this news, according to MSN???

b] Who the f^%k is this kid??

It's news because he's a performer (musician?).  Probably wouldn't have been news back in the day when a putting something in a newspaper had a cost but since websites are completely open-ended, why not?  Personally, I couldn't care less but some people probably care - I'd probably read an article about Jethro Tull with interest but lots of people wouldn't, so, fair game.

BTW, facial and neck tattoos - yeah, there's a good life decision!  🙄

since this is a Job interview and not a criminal or civil case the burden of proof is not required.  The only question is,  "Is he fit for the job?" 

So one person's fantasy is enough to destroy another person's reputation and life in your mind eh.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

The cops have been concerned about this type of disguise for decades now, but governments for, by and of the people don't want to offend ...

Amazing isn't it that the difference between a few years in the can and life boiled down to the reliability of the weapon; intent was apparently little more than a secondary consideration in the mind of the Court.

I can't be bothered to sift through all the "he said, she said" allegations and rebutals but I'll just say if you were to judge every person/man by their activities at age 17 none of us would have a job. 

• Like 3

LOL, and 1985 to boot. How far do we go back? I once punched a kid in grade 3 for spitting on my sandwich. Aggressive when eating....

Edited by Wolfhunter