Why You Need Trusted News Sources

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

This always saddens me and I think he got it desperately wrong here; the election results reflect it too IMO. I can only speak for myself I guess, but this is the sort of attitude and headline where D

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

If this were a Republican you would be able to read about it on CNN. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-gwen-moore-house-speaker-vote-positive-coronavirus-test

Hardly a surprise.  😀

image.png.d2f93f05c393038bc9c8d4d37238d532.png

But....

From CNN Coverage:  (7) The House of Representatives is voting on its next speaker (cnn.com)

And Democratic Rep. Gwen Moore, who announced Monday she had Covid-19, will attend Sunday's votes. Her spokesperson told CNN she "has worked with doctors and she is safe to travel."  Her office did not respond to a request for comment on when she learned she had Covid-19.

Here's why I don't last long on other sites, long on opinion and short on facts.... show me the meat.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s made-up claims of fake Georgia votes

I'm looking for information only, not spin.... I'll weigh the evidence and form the opinion based on personal experience. I usually don't get past the headline.... even at FOX. 

For me, the selective combination of BBC, FOX and Al Jazeera is as close to getting that as I can get. Most appalling of all isn't what's covered, it's what is ignored. Viewed in that context, the CNNs and MSNBCs fail and fail badly. Completely untrustworthy by design and intent.

As to the issue above, i tried to find a state (any state) breakdown of how many ballots were sent to dead people and how many of those dead people actually voted. No luck but it might be my search skills.

Lots opinion though, such things as: without merit, made up, fake news,  or my favourite... that mass mailings are just as reliable as deployed military ballots. Watch for that one because when you hear it you're talking to a fraud or a liar.... maybe both.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Yes indeed, they have absolutely trashed their credibility for many years to come. It's what isn't covered that speaks to bias on a level never seen before.... it has me gobsmacked.

And then, just when I think I can't be any more gobsmacked at the bias, someone will suggest that 74 million people are ill informed because they see it for what it is. 

As to the GA phone call, it's like the whole world is out to prove that Trump is a goof. THE BLOODY SHIP HAS SAILED.

But, why is no one concerned about the leak and the audio release to the press? I don't care who the president is and I don't care how popular he is. Again, this goes back to integrity in leadership and on my ship, that leak would be job one.

The leakers career would could come to an abrupt halt... there would be charges under (their equivalent of) The Official Secrets Act and the press releasing that would pay a price (maybe in terms of access), if there was an avenue to press charges I push that to the limits. Anyone associated with it or who had knowledge of the act and failed to report it would have their security clearances revoked....  in that world, it means find a new job.  

Edited by Wolfhunter

An interesting Canadian news site I stumbled across:

C2C

According to media bias fact check the C2C Journal produces original long-form journalism from a libertarian/conservative perspective and they have no failed fact checks.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

An interesting Canadian news site I stumbled across:

C2C

According to media bias fact check the C2C Journal produces original long-form journalism from a libertarian/conservative perspective and they have no failed fact checks.

Very biased according the to fact check...

Story selection favors the right and often denigrates the left....

C2J Journal is Right Biased and Credible with conservative and libertarian leanings

Factual Reporting: Mostly Factual - Mostly Credible and Reliable

2 hours ago, deicer said:

Very biased according the to fact check...

Story selection favors the right and often denigrates the left....

C2J Journal is Right Biased and Credible with conservative and libertarian leanings

Factual Reporting: Mostly Factual - Mostly Credible and Reliable

Story selection may favour the right but they are also mostly factual and no failed fact checks.

Overall I would give them a higher rating than CNN.  Their rating is listed by the same website as: 

Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts.

(PS - CNN denigrates the right every chance they get!)

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 17.46.10.png

“ With support from influencers like Michelle Obama, as well as many in congress and media, social media sites are banishing conservatives from their user base. It's happening with alarming speed.

The government has been forcing people to not meet in person. All life has turned online. And now the spaces that nearly everyone uses to interact with friends, work, family, strangers, to meet, to exchange ideas, are being purged of those who do not adhere to progressive or Democratic ideas.

Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Apple appear to have teamed up in taking action against conservative accounts, and they're doing it shamelessly and without any oversight. Big tech has made us their bitch and we can do nothing but comply or be silenced.”

https://thepostmillennial.com/big-tech-is-staging-a-coup/?utm_source=TPM general&utm_campaign=594cc292a0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_09_16_02_36_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cddc6102a6-594cc292a0-221730880

So now the evidence will still be accessible to law enforcement.

https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-parler-post-many-with-users-location-dat-1846032466

Every Deleted Parler Post, Many With Users' Location Data, Has Been Archived

In the wake of the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by scores of President Trump’s supporters, a lone researcher began an effort to catalogue the posts of social media users across Parler, a platform founded to provide conservative users a safe haven for uninhibited “free speech” — but which ultimately devolved into a hotbed of far-right conspiracy theories, unchecked racism, and death threats aimed at prominent politicians.

The researcher, who asked to be referred to by their Twitter handle, @donk_enby, began with the goal of archiving every post from January 6, the day of the Capitol riot; what she called a bevy of “very incriminating” evidence. According to the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, among other sources, Parler is one of a several apps used by the insurrections to coordinate their breach of the Capitol, in a plan to overturn the 2020 election results and keep Donald Trump in power.

Operating on little sleep, @donk_enby began the work of archiving all of Parler’s posts, ultimately capturing around 99 percent of its content. In a tweet early Sunday, @donk_enby said she was crawling some 1.1 million Parler video URLs. “These are the original, unprocessed, raw files as uploaded to Parler with all associated metadata,” she said. Included in this data tranche, now more than 56 terabytes in size, @donk_enby confirmed that the raw video files include GPS metadata pointing to exact locations of where the videos were taken.

9 minutes ago, deicer said:

Operating on little sleep, @donk_enby began the work of archiving all of Parler’s posts, ultimately capturing around 99 percent of its content. In a tweet early Sunday, @donk_enby said she was crawling some 1.1 million Parler video URLs. “These are the original, unprocessed, raw files as uploaded to Parler with all associated metadata,” she said. Included in this data tranche, now more than 56 terabytes in size, @donk_enby confirmed that the raw video files include GPS metadata pointing to exact locations of where the videos were taken.

Awesome.  What do think the odds are of the same being done with Twitter Antifa posts?

12 minutes ago, seeker said:

Awesome.  What do think the odds are of the same being done with Twitter Antifa posts?

Don't know, but somebody has probably done it.  Either way, it's evidence.