Why You Need Trusted News Sources

18 hours ago, JDunkin said:

That being said, I have heard that dogs can accurately sniff cancer. This might be a way to isolate colon cancer.

Keep dogs farrrrr away from 24 Sussex then.

Edited by Jaydee
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

The only Rock I see here is the heads of the people that think a single news source provides anything but biased reporting. most of the american news outlets are owned by a single company with a

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Imagine for one second how CNN, or CBC, or the NYT would have interpreted this picture.

Far too much of that now.

I'm not given to conspiracy theories, but the constant barrage of subtle spin is so prevalent now that the indirect evidence supports the tentative conclusion that it has to be deliberate. Maybe all part of the great reset... you will be hearing lots more about that next year from the WEF.

In the mean time, here's an example of what I mean, this is a quote from an article in the post this morning:

On Sunday, 278 people were hospitalized in Ontario due to the virus, including 79 in intensive care. In Quebec, 551 hospitalizations were recorded, of which 97 were in intensive care.

Technically correct, but in terms of placement and context it gives the impression that 278 people were admitted to hospital on Sunday due to a massive spike in cases. In fact though, it is actually the provincial total that existed as of Sunday.... that's not even close to being the same thing.

The best lies are in the manipulation of verifiable fact, and my point here is that (even if I'm proven wrong about the context) you simply can no longer believe a damn thing being reported in the media.

Those not convinced of this and looking for quick proof need only fact check the deliberate statistical manipulations and outright lies/deceptions in Liberal gun statistics.

Edited by Wolfhunter

He calls Trump “a f–king idiot” and the voters who elected him — “hysterically f–king stupid people.”

A bit like an episode of Canada's Worst Handyman, or maybe a Youtube clip from Idiots With Chainsaws. The combination of prideful arrogance and inexperience is a limitless source of wonder to me. 

Interesting that nothing is said about the president inciting violence against a state governor though.  First by tweeting 'Liberate Michigan' which led to a domestic terrorist plot to kidnap her, and then this...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/18/gretchen-whitmer-donald-trump-rally-lock-her-up-michigan

Gretchen Whitmer: Trump 'inciting domestic terrorism' with 'Lock her up!' rally chant

• Michigan governor was subject of foiled rightwing kidnap plot
  • President attacks Democrat at rally in battleground state
  • On Sunday, on NBC’s Meet the Press, Whitmer was asked about the coronavirus situation in her state and Trump’s encouragement of the chants against her.

“It’s incredibly disturbing,” she said, “that the president of the United States, 10 days after a plot to kidnap me, put me on trial and execute me was uncovered, the president is at it again and inspiring and incentivising and inciting this kind of domestic terrorism

JDunkin said:

Which democrat politicians have gone to the hospital after being attacked?

None.

Which Republican politicians have gone to the hospital after being attacked?

Congressman Steve Scalise after being shot in a mass murder attempt by by a registered democrat and congressman Rand Paul after being attacked by his neighbour, a registered democrat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/prosecutors-reveal-why-rand-paul-was-attacked-neighbor-n839366

The violence from the left. Intentionally ignored by the frauds like de-icer.

The fact that what you keep using as an example was a lone wolf attack does not compare to the FBI investigation into the planned abduction of a governor by a heavily armed militia planning on using high explosives as well.

Also, your link above shows that the Rand Paul assault was a neighbor dispute that had been ongoing for "17 years"  not a political one.  No comparison.

I made the mistake of briefly hitting the CNN website, here's what's making front page news (first thing I saw).... BTW, these are the same rich folks who support BLM and want the police defunded:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/politics/wives-of-the-deplorables-support-group/index.html

In their tragic world of stupid, 400,000 people a year don't die of Malaria, 20,000 a year don't die from Black Mamba bites and no one gets leprosy. Liberals need to get out more... they sound like flat earth idiots to anyone who does.

Edited by Wolfhunter
22 hours ago, JDunkin said:

and they completely avoided the peace agreements that were later struck with Bahrain and Sudan.

Pretty astonishing....

I would have bet against the downward spiral in the media and lost badly. And I certainly would have bet against most of it happening in just 4 years.

I had way too much faith in the cynical nature of a cynical public than I should have and clearly didn't expect that they could be so easily manipulated. Yet another bet lost.

Breaking news, bombshell report, THE NOOSE TIGHTENS: 

Forget the suspicion of Russian collusion, media collusion is now a sure thing, it's here to stay, and more corrosive and damaging than any foreign antagonist could ever muster if left to their own devices..... 

No foreign enemy will ever take down western civilization, its demise will be self inflicted and accelerated by a fat, lazy, and self absorbed population that has never experienced circumstances that caused them to view a hot shower as the height of luxury or stood in awe at the wonder of all the produce on display at the Super Store. 

And here's a story the liberal media doesn't want you to see. BZ to Team 6.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-hostage-rescued-west-africa-seal-team-6-daring-raid

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And here's a story the liberal media doesn't want you to see. BZ to Team 6.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-hostage-rescued-west-africa-seal-team-6-daring-raid

Edited 1 hour ago by Wolfhunter

The media coverage seems pretty good.

On the BBC

Niger: American hostage rescued by US special forces

Published
31 minutes ago

An American hostage kidnapped in Niger earlier this week has been freed in a raid by US special forces, the Pentagon has announced.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-votes/incendiary-texts-traced-to-company-run-by-top-trump-aide-1.5179084

Incendiary texts traced to company run by top Trump aide

BOSTON -- A texting company run by one of President Donald Trump's top campaign officials sent out thousands of targeted, anonymous text messages urging supporters to rally where votes were being counted in Philadelphia on Thursday, falsely claiming Democrats were trying to steal the presidential election.

The messages directed Trump fans to converge at a downtown intersection where hundreds of protesters from the opposing candidates' camps faced off Thursday afternoon. Pennsylvania is a crucial battleground state where former Vice-President Joe Biden's jumped ahead Friday and in a televised address later predicted a victory that would give him the presidency.

"This kind of message is playing with fire, and we are very lucky that it does not seem to have driven more conflict," said John Scott-Railton, senior researcher at the University of Toronto's online watchdog Citizen Lab. Scott-Railton helped track down the source.

The texts were sent using phone numbers leased to the text-messaging platform Opn Sesame, said two people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition they not be further identified. The company's CEO is Gary Coby, the Trump campaign's digital director. It provides text-messaging services to GOP clients including the Republican National Committee.

"ALERT: Radical Liberals & Dems are trying to steal this election from Trump! We need YOU!" the text said, directing recipients to "show your support" on a street corner near the Philadelphia Convention Center where votes were being counted and tensions were running high.

A top Trump campaign official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the message did not come from the campaign. Because Opn Sesame is used by multiple customers, none of whom the company would identify, it could not be determined exactly who sent the message. Coby declined to comment.

Opn Sesame's connection with the messages was first reported by The Washington Post.

Among those who received the rallying text was Chris Bray, who lives in rural Bucks County, about 25 miles outside Philadelphia.

A registered Independent who said he voted for Biden, Bray said he was very surprised to see the message pop up on his phone since he never signed up for anything related to the Trump campaign.

"I actually texted a number of other friends to say `hey, have you guys been getting robo-texts like this?"' Bray said Friday. "It was a call to action. It borders on that the rhetoric that we've been hearing for months now and that's really dangerous if you get the right people together with a slight screw loose, we just don't know what can happen."

Later Thursday night, two men were arrested near the convention centre for carrying loaded handguns without a permit, Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said. District Attorney Larry Krasner said there were no indications they were part of an extremist group. Their vehicle bore a window sticker for the right-wing conspiracy theory QAnon and an AR-style rifle and ammunition inside, Outlaw said.

The text messages were sent using 13 different phone numbers identified by RoboKiller, a mobile phone app that lets users block text and voice spam, said company vice-president Giulia Porter. RoboKiller traced the numbers to Twilio, a gateway for bulk-messaging services.

After being notified, Twilio shut down the numbers, saying in a statement that the texts "were sent without consumer opt-out language, which is in direct contravention of our policies." A company spokesman declined further comment.

About 80 million political text messages have been sent daily since September in the U.S. -- many of those from the Trump camp echoing his baseless claims that Democrats were trying to steal the election, said RoboKiller's Porter. They are highly targeted.

Political text-messaging campaigns can exploit the same flaws in telecommunications infrastructure that let robocallers hide their origin. They can spoof the numbers they call from and auto-blast thousands of texts with a single mouse click.

Opn Sesame has earned millions as a hub of text-messaging efforts for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee this election cycle, said a digital Republican strategist, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of political retribution.

Facebook and Twitter cracked down on disinformation in the runup to the election, making text messaging and robocalls more attractive to those seeking to spread false and sometimes dangerous messages directly to voters via their phones.

"The extent to which these companies are relying upon loopholes in the law and a lack of regulation in this space has really staggered me," said Sam Woolley, a misinformation and computational propaganda researcher at the University of Texas at Austin.

"They really want to circumvent the need to rely social media firms which is why they are using these private mechanisms," he added. "They are using tech that we don't think of as particularly new, texting, calling, but using them in ways that are very Machiavellian."

12 minutes ago, deicer said:

Isn't that what honest reporting and fact checking is about?

They corrected themselves within 2 hrs.

You know as well as I do that a correction NEVER has the same coverage that the original post does. Stop proving JDunkin right.

20 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

You know as well as I do that a correction NEVER has the same coverage that the original post does. Stop proving JDunkin right.

Still more reliable than getting your information from sources whose own lawyers say they shouldn't be trusted.

He still was wrong because he was getting information from flawed sources.

One of the first things I do when you post is to look at the source and research their factual nature and bias.

That way I can discuss the nature of the information and not just wanting to 'believe'.

11 hours ago, A330PilotCanada said:

Cue two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson  

Even the lawyers agree that they shouldn't be believed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

• A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" would take the network's primetime star Tucker Carlson seriously.
  • The network asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that "Carlson's statements were not statements of fact and that she failed adequately to allege actual malice."
  • The judge agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."
  • Carlson has long made racist and controversial statements as a primetime host on Fox News and has lost several advertisers because of it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/fox-news-trump-election-lies-kayleigh-mcenany

Fox News Did The Bare Minimum And Finally Stopped Showing The Trump Team's Latest Election Lies

"Unless she has more details to back that up, I can't in good countenance continue showing you this," Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto said on Monday.

Fox News cut away from a Trump campaign press conference about postelection litigation in Pennsylvania on Monday afternoon as White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany made false and unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud.

"Unless she has more details to back that up, I can't in good countenance continue showing you this," anchor Neil Cavuto told viewers soon after McEnany, who said she was speaking for the campaign in her "personal capacity," began her remarks accusing the Democratic Party of "welcoming" fraud and illegal voting.

"That's an explosive charge to make, that the other side is effectively rigging and cheating," Cavuto added.

A spokesperson for the White House press office declined to comment. The Trump campaign also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

BuzzFeed News has journalists around the US bringing you trustworthy stories on the 2020 elections. To help keep this news free, become a member.

While it seemed to be a rare move for the conservative news channel, which has been described as a "mouthpiece" for the president, it came amid reports of fractures in Trump's relationship with the network. On election night, Fox News and the Associated Press called Arizona for President-elect Joe Biden with just 73% of the expected vote counted — a decision that drew the ire of Trump, his team, and supporters of the president's. (Other networks and outlets, including BuzzFeed News, have not yet projected a winner in Arizona as of Monday evening.)

The next day, Fox News anchors pushed back against McEnany, whose recent campaign appearances have raised concerns about whether she has been violating a federal law prohibiting executive branch employees from engaging in political activity as she questioned the legality of a decision allowing Pennsylvania to count ballots received up to three days after Election Day.

"The voting is happening on Election Day; it's just how long it takes to get counted," said Fox News' Martha MacCallum.

After major news outlets and networks, including Fox News, projected that Biden had won the election on Saturday, Sandra Smith, anchor of America's Newsroom, pressed Trump campaign legal adviser Harmeet Dhillon on what evidence the campaign had of voter fraud.

"Where? Where have you found that?" Smith asked.

"I don't telegraph my legal strategy in advance," Dhillon responded.

On Thursday night, three broadcast networks — ABC, NBC, and CBS — cut away from a shocking address by the president in which he droned on about “mystery ballots,” “secret count rooms,” and “illegal votes" without offering a shred of supporting evidence.

Not all Fox News personalities have been as bold as to dismiss the Trump campaign's allegations about voter fraud and "illegal" votes or call them what they are: lies.

Election officials across the country have repeatedly said for days that there has been no evidence of illegal votes being cast and counted in this election. So far, the courts have supported those findings and rejected the president's claims.

• Like 1

The Age of Fake Realities is Upon Us.

The Agenda with Steve Palkin of TVO November 10 2020.

“Conspiracy theories and accusations of fake news routinely fly in some quarters across the political spectrum, and particularly in the Twitter feed of the current U.S. president. Such talk feeds a climate of misinformation and even disinformation. And if that's not unnerving enough, a new book by Nina Schick exposes a whole other level to this problem. We welcome Schick to discuss, "Deepfakes: The Coming Infocalypse."

The fake clip showing Trump was very interesting!

https://www.tvo.org/video/the-age-of-fake-realities-is-upon-us

• Thanks 1